PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: THROW HIM THE BALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, all week its, MIAMI SECONDARY SUCKS! Why not throw the frickin ball to him deep? Moss can catch it in double-triple coverage. Cassel didn't throw the ball deep once. I am sorry, but you have to try. You cannot dink and dunk all season. Cassel needs to grow some balls and huck it deep. I don't get how against MIAMI you don't throw one ball deep. If I were Moss I'd be pissed.

I think I really need to watch the game tape again to jump on this bandwagon - because while YES the Miami secondary is suspect and YES we have a great weapon in Moss and YES I do believe that Cassell has the armstrength and accuracy to deliver the ball to Moss, there's something that's tough to deny

EVEN with playcalling that emphasized the running game and the SHORT pass, the offensive line was not able to adequately protect Cassell today.

So seeing as they can't give Cassell enough consistent protection on short pass plays, what is it that makes one think that they can protect him long enough to make a deep pass play?

I'm not saying the playcalling was great today - but one can't ignore the play of the O-Lin when they issue a call for deep pass plays

WOW!!!

I just got home, was watching the game at mom and dad's place. Thank god they don't have HD. That was ugly...i dunno...

I like the outs but how come so many? They don't throw it in the middle which tells me BB is not comfortable with Cassels reads or ability to make the throw, even though he made a great throw to Jabbar.

Man the D was wicked bad. Miami ran all over us. Welker seemed to call Cassel out on a couple plays. Not a good idea. Moss man what was up with him pulling up.

BB has so much material he won't know where to start.

I was watching that game and Brady's injury seemed to puch me in the stomach. It is more than his absence, it is the swagger the team has with him. Still plays have to made I understand.

I dunno, I almost could not believe what I was watching??

It seems the guys have a lot of work to do on the bye week....should be interesting....

I think I really need to watch the game tape again to jump on this bandwagon - because while YES the Miami secondary is suspect and YES we have a great weapon in Moss and YES I do believe that Cassell has the armstrength and accuracy to deliver the ball to Moss, there's something that's tough to deny

EVEN with playcalling that emphasized the running game and the SHORT pass, the offensive line was not able to adequately protect Cassell today.

So seeing as they can't give Cassell enough consistent protection on short pass plays, what is it that makes one think that they can protect him long enough to make a deep pass play?

I'm not saying the playcalling was great today - but one can't ignore the play of the O-Lin when they issue a call for deep pass plays

:yeahthat:

10 characters

Next game imo is do or die for Cassel. He needs to be able to throw the ball down field. We have to good of a team to be hindered by cassel and mcdaniels throwing short screens that can be blocked easily

You cant give up on Cassell just yet. He had a horrid preseason, a good game against the Jets, and then a horrid day today. But lets give him a few more starts. There is no one else to throw in there who can do any better. If he continues to perform poorly, I hope a trade is made. There is a lot of talent being wasted right now. But this loss certainly not all on Cassel.

Ok, all week its, MIAMI SECONDARY SUCKS! Why not throw the frickin ball to him deep? Moss can catch it in double-triple coverage. Cassel didn't throw the ball deep once. I am sorry, but you have to try. You cannot dink and dunk all season. Cassel needs to grow some balls and huck it deep. I don't get how against MIAMI you don't throw one ball deep. If I were Moss I'd be pissed.

You have to understand....Cassel DOES NOT have the confidence to throw it deep......If Matt throws anywhere NEAR double coverage....IT WILL GET PICKED OFF!!!......Moss will be getting disgruntled very soon.......He will get very little "attention" in the current Pats offensive scheme of dink, dunk and screen.......Its like having a brand new Ferrari in the garage.....and not being able to find the keys...or the courage to drive it....I do feel bad for him......and us....

I am worried about Moss' attitude. He seems to be dogging it two weeks in a row. Last week they showed a package of him what appears to be giving up on plays not designed to him and then he short arms the pass this time around.

I can't believe people are making excuses for the guy on that play though. I remember people on this and other boards making fun of guys like Todd Pinkston for short arming or alligator arming a ball because he was going to get hit right after he got the ball. Now people are excusing Moss for not even trying to get the ball because he was going to hit right after he got the ball. That is his job. Maybe he should join a two hand touch league.

I have to say I have been disapointed in what I have seen as effort from Moss so far. I will admit that only small pieces of information may not tell the true story, but even with his short yardage catches today I didn't see him really trying to turn up field when he had the opportunity.

Moss may not be getting the ball because he isn't working hard enough to be a target.

Cassel shouldnt be starting for any clubs, period!!!I have had enough of watching this guy.I see BB riding him until it might be to late and we will be in a dog fight to make the playoffs.

Man....let's be honest....this team is NOT going deep in the playoffs and may NOT even make it.....If Cassel is your starting QB.....You aren't going anywhere when your O's production is only leading to FG's........and Cassel is NOT a TOP caliber QB.....He is a hand offer....and short passer......unless you have a kick a## defense (which we don't) or a great running game and OL...(which we don't thus far)....that kind of crap isn't getting it done.......How can you compete with Dallas....Philly......Indy......Denver.......and many others.....when Cassel is at the helm.........lets get real......

Moss quit on one pass over the middle that should have been a big completion and almost ended up as an interception. He didn't adjust his route on another pass where Cassel was blitzed and got hammered (roughing the passer), and that one did get intercepted.

The team would have been better off benching Moss instead of throwing him the ball. He looks as if he's injured and unfocused.

Thank you.

I thought so too, but different players run different routes ya know. Are you telling me the only guy open is Welker or the RB? McDaniels is no Weis, but Cassel isn't throwing to anyone down field either.
Right, cuz Weis coached the team that year they broke all the scoring records, right? Umm, no.

Because, like in Madden you just run 30 yards back out of the pocket and launch the ball off your back foot and like Randy Moss just glides to the ball and stuff. So yea, forget needing time to throw... I mean hell it works in Madden!

Either Josh is brain dead (possible) or the staff doesn't believe Cassel can complete the passes to Moss.

Not sure what can be done if Josh is brain dead but if Cassel can't perform then get someone in who can.

I AGREE. We can't dumb down our O plan for a retared QB. He either can do it or can't.

This is not Cassel's fault, but I think you are 100% correct. Cassel has a good enough set of receivers, including RB's to dump to if need. Josh needed to put him in the shotgun and let him throw. And yes, with regard to Moss, THROW HIM THE BALL!

Because, like in Madden you just run 30 yards back out of the pocket and launch the ball off your back foot and like Randy Moss just glides to the ball and stuff. So yea, forget needing time to throw... I mean hell it works in Madden!

Hey you got it!!! Works for me all the time damnit! Just lay it up there and Moss will come down with a TD. Works in Madden everytime!!! :p

On a serious note...I think its very obvious that Cassel can't throw the deep ball very well...I dont understand you Cassel apologists...He looked like crap in preseasons...looked average in the first two games...and sucked balls today with some line preasures...lets call a duck a duck shall we...man...Moss looks like he's going to be in for a long season...

Last edited:
On a serious note...I think its very obvious that Cassel can't throw the deep ball very well...I dont understand you Cassel apologists...He looked like crap in preseasons...looked average in the first two games...and sucked balls today with some line preasures...lets call a duck a duck shall we...man...Moss looks like he's in going to be in for a long season...

Every night as he goes to sleep Randy should repeat.....Tommy will be back next year, Tommy will be back next year.

Worst QB in the league

Id take any 3rd string QB over Cassel. I'm serious.

Worst QB in the league

Id take any 3rd string QB over Cassel. I'm serious.
I think the 15 starting QB's below Cassel on this list may take offense to your statement.
NFL Stats: by Player Position

But since you brought it up, let's look at "any 3rd string QB"
AFC: Gibran Hamdan, John Beck, Matt Gutierrez, Brett Ratliff, Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, Ken Dorsey, Dennis Dixon, Chris Simms, Ingle Martin IV, Marques Tuiasosopo, Charlie Whitehurst
NFC: Brooks Bollinger, AJ Feeley, Colt Brennan, Caleb Hanie, Drew Stanton, Brian Brohm, John David Booty, DJ Shockley, Matt Moore, Joey Harrington, Josh Johnson, Brian St Pierre, Charlie Frye, Jamie Martin, Brock Berlin.

Cassel is not Brady.
Cassel needs to improve.

And if you're 'serious' please send your resume to Matt Millen and Al Davis.

I AGREE. We can't dumb down our O plan for a retared QB. He either can do it or can't.

Yes, lets just ignore that the O-line has played average to horrible the last 3 weeks. Its all Cassel's fault.. YEP. Can't be that the O-line isn't opening holes for the running game. Can't be that they aren't holding their blocks long enough. And it definitely isn't that are getting pushed back into the RBs and into the pocket.

Nope. can't be any of that.

6.9 yds a completion....

That is 6.9 yards per attempt, not per completion. How can you be expected to be taken seriously when you don't even understand what you are posting.

O'Connell was 3 of 4 for 25 yards. If you think that is enough to justify making him a starter then you are a whack job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case