PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss: THROW HIM THE BALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the forum.Moss has no connection whatsoever with Cassel.I think Moss will have a very poor year if Cassel remains the QB for this team.This offense just doesnt look great with Cassel at the helm.

Please let me know when you have watched the Offensive line play. You know, the part of the game where they are supposed to keep the defensive players from getting to the QB.

It amazes me that people still think highly of Cassel.Did anyone of u even watched the preseason?The guy has some bad habits.He stares down wrs.Cassel is an average QB!!!The guy is good to get u 165 yards to 185.Thats not gonna get it doned!!

Its amazing how things are so blank and white to people like yourself. "If you're not saying cassel sucks, you're saying you think highly of him." WRONG. I think that Cassel is a back-up QB. His job is to not LOSE games.

Basing your opinion on Cassel's play in the pre-season, when he's playing against other teams 1st stringers and we don't have the 1st string o-line on the field is just dumb. Also, Cassel clearly showed enough in situational plays to warrant being kept. And, unless you can sit there and honestly say you know the plays well enough to critique how he did, you can't truly offer a legitimate opinion on it.

That being said, I for one, am NOT saying that Cassel is free of blame. I have said that the defensive and offensive lines were horrible in this game. Cassel didn't play well, but the poor line play far outweighed the errors that Cassel made.

come on lets not put the blame on randy moss. Matt Cassell isn't the QB for this time. There is a reason why he almost got cut, lets not forget about that people:disagreement:

How do you know Cassel was almost cut? Belichick never said any such thing. If you are referring to Mike Reiss, he offered his OPINION. Not fact, on the Cassel / Gutierrez situation.

Hey you got it!!! Works for me all the time damnit! Just lay it up there and Moss will come down with a TD. Works in Madden everytime!!! :p

On a serious note...I think its very obvious that Cassel can't throw the deep ball very well...I dont understand you Cassel apologists...He looked like crap in preseasons...looked average in the first two games...and sucked balls today with some line preasures...lets call a duck a duck shall we...man...Moss looks like he's going to be in for a long season...

You are the king of understatements.
1) There is no Cassel apologists. Only people who know the game and know that the O-line played a much bigger role in the loss than Cassel haters want to admit

2) Bill Belichick called and said that unless you know what the hell you are talking about, you really shouldn't make claims about what Cassel did in the pre-season. You see, the Pats worked on their situational plays during pre-season games. They ran vanilla offenses and Vanilla defenses. Cassell clearly played better than Gutierrez in the pre-season since Cassel was going up against the ones and Gut was seeing 2s and 3s, mostly.

3) Cassel was above average the 1st two games and below average in this one.

4) Lets call a duck a duck. Your horrible evaluation of Cassel leave a tremendous amount to be desired. There are huge gaps in your argument that the Refrigerator Perry could run through and go 100 yards for a td.

5) OH, one last thing, Cassel threw a 50 yard pass to Moss with relative ease and with Moss making very little adjustment. And that was in a pressure situation where they were on their .5 yard line on 3rd and 11. He can make the pass, if its there and the o-line has done their job. Tom Brady couldn't have done better than Cassel today with how poorly the O-line played.

Cassel sucks and i dont care what u say.He is what he is.This offense has zero confidence in Matt Cassel.

Ok, all week its, MIAMI SECONDARY SUCKS! Why not throw the frickin ball to him deep? Moss can catch it in double-triple coverage. Cassel didn't throw the ball deep once. I am sorry, but you have to try. You cannot dink and dunk all season. Cassel needs to grow some balls and huck it deep. I don't get how against MIAMI you don't throw one ball deep. If I were Moss I'd be pissed.
Yeah man, Cassel never throws the deep ball to Moss!

YouTube - Cassell to Moss

D-Money: "Cassel sucks and i dont care what u say.He is what he is.This offense has zero confidence in Matt Cassel."

That's not a good way to argue now is it?

Last edited:
I feel you Moss. Keep your head up. I know it's hard to get motivated when you're QB sucks ass.

Defense, Defense, Defense.....

Stop focussing on the QB.. Cassels was not responsible for the 38 points that were posted today by a team that will struggle to win 6 games this year.

Our defense has got to get better.

While were are at it we may as well work on our O-line too.

You are the king of understatements.
5) OH, one last thing, Cassel threw a 50 yard pass to Moss with relative ease and with Moss making very little adjustment. And that was in a pressure situation where they were on their .5 yard line on 3rd and 11. He can make the pass, if its there and the o-line has done their job. Tom Brady couldn't have done better than Cassel today with how poorly the O-line played.

Mmmmm....to me a deep ball would be something more than 25 yards of ball flight...go look at the video again...that was YAC...Moss gained half of those yardages after the catch...

Go look at the throw Brady made to Moss last year in the first game of the season versus the Jets...now thats a beautifully thrown deep ball...

Also, the reason why O-line sucked last week? Like loudmouth Porter said...they "threw everything and the kitchen sink at Cassel"...because they knew Cassel would be skittish and so Miami was right on the money...

Did you watch the game? He look scared as heck out there...you think Brady would looked that way? Fact is fact...Cassel is a backup QB...and his lack of being a starter any points during his career doesnt help either...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back