PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random TB12 trivia question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know future schedules were known.

14 of a team's 16 opponents are determined way in advance, given that:
  • They play 6 divisional games, against the same opponents every year.
  • They play everybody in 1 division in their conference, on a strict 3-year rotation.
  • They play everybody in 1 division in the other conference, on a strict 4-year rotation.
Only a divisional realignment or a major change to scheduling rules can invalidate those expectations.

What's not determined way in advance is:
  • Home vs. away, except in their division.
  • Who the last 2 opponents are, because that's based in the previous season's record.
  • What order the games will appear on the schedule.

Great time killer:

QUIZ: Every player who has caught a touchdown pass from Tom Brady

See how many of the 62 can you name?

There was a site listing them in order of TD count, in quiz format. We had a thread about it. That said, I hardly recall the list.

A more manageable challenge would be the ones with a certain minimum number, e.g. 5 or 10. I think the main candidates for 10 (not in order) are:
  • Patten
  • Brown
  • Branch
  • Givens
  • Moss
  • Welker
  • Edelman
among the WRs plus
  • Gronk
  • Vrabel
  • Ahern
  • Grahambo
  • Watson
  • Fauria
among the TEs, with no RBs.

The ones I'm surest of are Moss, Gronk and Vrabel.

14 of a team's 16 opponents are determined way in advance, given that:
  • They play 6 divisional games, against the same opponents every year.
  • They play everybody in 1 division in their conference, on a strict 3-year rotation.
  • They play everybody in 1 division in the other conference, on a strict 4-year rotation.
Only a divisional realignment or a major change to scheduling rules can invalidate those expectations.

What's not determined way in advance is:
  • Home vs. away, except in their division.
  • Who the last 2 opponents are, because that's based in the previous season's record.
  • What order the games will appear on the schedule.

Actually, home and away are determined in advance. Each division is divided into two 'A' teams and two 'B' teams—generally alphabetically, except for the West divisions.* Teams play both A teams at home and both B teams on the road, or vice versa. Even the interdivision matches (#1 vs. #1, etc.) are predetermined.

*Because "Waa, having four west coast games once every 24 years is too awful!"

You got SF right. During the TB era, We have only played them in SF once, and it was in 2008 when Cassel started due to Brady's knee being torn. The Rams is not who i was thinking of even with the move to LA. TB played them in STL in 2004 if I recall.
Due to Kevin Faulk being guilty of walking through an office while black* in the Cajundome, and therefore being unable be there to block Bernard "Hey, I guess I fell but I CAN get up after all!) Pollard.

*PC Alert! Capt. John Babin of the Lafayette Metro Narcotics Task Force said everyone heading to the suites was searched. Thus, the world was saved.

The LA rams, the other one has also got to be an NFC west team. Brady missed 08, When we went to Seattle, But We went to seattle in 2012, We hosted Arizona in 2008 and 2012, did Brady go in 04? Im going to guess yes, that means in 04, I believe we hosted San Fran, and we went to San Fran in 08 when Brady was hurt. Kind of Ironic that Brady never played out there considering He loved Montana and the 49ers
...and how exactly were Joe and his teammates dressed his entire time there?...pretty sure it wasn't in some hastily put together arena league reject logo and costume that needlessly and classlessly replaced the attractive and recognizable pro uniform the Niners wore for generations before.

...and how exactly were Joe and his teammates dressed his entire time there?...pretty sure it wasn't in some hastily put together arena league reject logo and costume that needlessly and classlessly replaced the attractive and recognizable pro uniform the Niners wore for generations before.

Lmao this post is hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back