PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random TB12 trivia question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxyboro

On the Roster
Reaction score
As of August 2016, tom Brady has played against 29 out of a possible 31 NFL teams as a member of the away team (i.e. Patriots were the away team).

Without cheating and looking it up on google, who are the two teams that tom has yet to play a true away game against?

- one of the answers is going to be a trick question/answer

-preseason games do NOT count. Regular season/playoffs only

I'm going to guess the Rams (the trick question part, since they just moved) and...SF?

I'm going to guess the Rams (the trick question part, since they just moved) and...SF?
You got SF right. During the TB era, We have only played them in SF once, and it was in 2008 when Cassel started due to Brady's knee being torn. The Rams is not who i was thinking of even with the move to LA. TB played them in STL in 2004 if I recall.

Hmmm....still working on the trick question part. :)

Is the trick the Bucs because it was played on neutral field in Europe.

Oh and I knew the 49ers I was there for the Cassel game.

49ers. Knew that one right away.

I remember back in 2008 when he got injured, before the Pats/49ers game it was mentioned that Brady would miss the opportunity to play in his home town for the first time. They said 2016 would be the next game the Pats play in San Fran, while suggesting it may be too late by then.

Last edited:
Is the trick the Bucs because it was played on neutral field in Europe.

Oh and I knew the 49ers I was there for the Cassel game.

That's a winner. The two answers to the question are SF and Tampa. Barring injurie, San Fran will get checked off in November, and Tampa will get checked off next season in 2017, as the pats will finally play a game a Raymond James stadium

To keep the trivia going. Assuming TB plays vs the 49ers he will have played every team on their turf (in the Bucs case the turf they chose to play on that day) has any other QB done that (even when the league had less teams)?

One fact I do find interesting is that Brady will most likely never play the cardinals at their current university of Phoenix stadium, even though he is 1-1 in that stadium vs other teams. Last time they played AZ on the road was in 04 and they were still at sun devil stadium. Next time they will play AZ on the road is 2024, which he'll likely retire by then

Brett Favre did it for 32 teams?

To keep the trivia going. Assuming TB plays vs the 49ers he will have played every team on their turf (in the Bucs case the turf they chose to play on that day) has any other QB done that (even when the league had less teams)?

My first guess would be Otto Graham, because he played a relatively long time and did so before West Coast expansion. I'm guessing teams visited each other fairly frequently in his day.

and my guess would be Slingin' Sammy Baugh because...well, I just like his name and in 1943 there were only eight teams that comprised the league

I'm guessing Favre??
EDIT- He actually played as a visiting member in all 32 stadiums since he went back to GB as a member of the Vikings his last year...

Last edited:
I would say St Louis (the Pats played them in London) and Minnesota?

One fact I do find interesting is that Brady will most likely never play the cardinals at their current university of Phoenix stadium, even though he is 1-1 in that stadium vs other teams. Last time they played AZ on the road was in 04 and they were still at sun devil stadium. Next time they will play AZ on the road is 2024, which he'll likely retire by then

image.png

As of August 2016, tom Brady has played against 29 out of a possible 31 NFL teams as a member of the away team (i.e. Patriots were the away team).

Without cheating and looking it up on google, who are the two teams that tom has yet to play a true away game against?

- one of the answers is going to be a trick question/answer

-preseason games do NOT count. Regular season/playoffs only

The LA rams, the other one has also got to be an NFC west team. Brady missed 08, When we went to Seattle, But We went to seattle in 2012, We hosted Arizona in 2008 and 2012, did Brady go in 04? Im going to guess yes, that means in 04, I believe we hosted San Fran, and we went to San Fran in 08 when Brady was hurt. Kind of Ironic that Brady never played out there considering He loved Montana and the 49ers

That's a winner. The two answers to the question are SF and Tampa. Barring injurie, San Fran will get checked off in November, and Tampa will get checked off next season in 2017, as the pats will finally play a game a Raymond James stadium
Didn't know future schedules were known. That's excellent news since I live in Tampa! Patriots highlights are gonna look incredible on the Bucs new video boards! Can't wait to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back