PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random football thoughts that don't deserve it's own thread.

Something that's been on my mind lately, was Jake Bequette seriously not a lock for the 53 man roster?? He wasn't that bad.....was he??

No. He wasn't necessarily 'bad,' it was more of a number crunching exercise where some had a hard time envisioning another developmental player. Since they took an usually high number of front seven players this year to the 53, Bequette was likely in the last couple guys though. I don't think that anyone envisioned taking 17 guys in the front seven, so that helped his cause.

Bequette is a player here for the future, and will not likely see much/if any time unless the reserves are let loose in a blowout or meaningless game. That is barring a bad injury situation of course.

Either way, just as many likely saw him as making the team as the ones who didn't, just like a lot of players.

Hopefully he grows into a productive 3rd rd pick in the next year or two. I think it is certainly quite possible.

No. He wasn't necessarily 'bad,' it was more of a number crunching exercise where some had a hard time envisioning another developmental player. Since they took an usually high number of front seven players this year to the 53, Bequette was likely in the last couple guys though. I don't think that anyone envisioned taking 17 guys in the front seven, so that helped his cause.

Bequette is a player here for the future, and will not likely see much/if any time unless the reserves are let loose in a blowout or meaningless game. That is barring a bad injury situation of course.

Either way, just as many likely saw him as making the team as the ones who didn't, just like a lot of players.

Hopefully he grows into a productive 3rd rd pick in the next year or two. I think it is certainly quite possible.

I'm surprised how little we have seen of Bequette he was noted by many as more NFL ready then Jones coming out of college. I would love to see him surpass Scott on the depth chart by the end of the season.

Is there a commercial that Peyton Manning won't do?

TWO commercials, Nut...two...and wait til you see what he has planned NEXT year...

"volume of The Life of the Triarch Belicho, a famous Volantene patriot whose unbroken succession of conquests and triumphs ended rather abruptly when he was eaten by giants" -

from "A Dance With Dragons" (Game of Thrones - most recent book), the author (GRRM) is a Giant fan and is referring to the 18-1 season. He's also upset about us "stealing Jake".

wassup Abby...?

Feldman%209.jpg

I always wondered if they scout for/ avoid obvious PED jockeys ('roid boys).

Eg... Shawn Merriman...what was it ...3 killer seasons and done?

Didn't Brian Cushman gained like 30# over one summer?

Know of a kid that played div 1 ILB. Coaches told him it would be nice if he...wink,wink...put on some weight over the summer. Some of the kids did...added 30+#'s...said they worked out alot over the summer.

Someone hinted Ted Johnson looked abnormally huge.

With all the players LSU and Alabama have had drafted in the top 3 rounds over the past 3 years, they still are top 5 teams this years.

The sex & money being offered to their "student-athletes" is better than any other football factory...
...I mean, university.

The sex & money being offered to their "student-athletes" is better than any other football factory...
...I mean, university.

GO BAMA! ROLL TIDE!

Everytime I hear Dont'a Hightower's name called, or see him on the field, I just wanna holler that!

Hightower's a keeper, and only going to get better. I look forward to seeing if Bill can bring other Alabama players into the Patriot's system.

Well, Peyton refuses to do metrosexual stuff like furry girls boots, brokeback style pictures cuddling livestock, advts for scary water slides etc.

Last edited:
I remember the Pats game there in 2008. The wind was blowing so hard that kicks were going sideways as soon as they left the foot of the kicker.

It was so bad the goalposts were outperforming the cheerleaders.

What I think about often, god do I need a life, is how this team has been rebuilt before our eyes and we have not missed a beat.. Wilfork and Brady are the only players left from that season..

How many times have you heard that a once good, great team now playing poorly, is rebuilding..

Well, Peyton refuses to do metrosexual stuff like furry girls boots, brokeback style pictures cuddling livestock, advts for scary water slides etc.

He just hasn't been offered them yet.:D When they target the large forehead demographic, he will do them.

Last edited:
Some thoughts on my mind that aren't about the game today..

The NFC is looking really scary right now. Other than the Vikings, it appears like every team in the NFC is at least competitive.

The NFC West appears like it could soon turn around into one of the best divisions in the NFL. You have the 49ers, who are right now, looking like possibly the best team in football. The Cardinals are looking pretty solid, and they got the best of us today. All they need is some better QB play and they could really take off. The Rams and Seahawks aren't looking bad, either.

On the other hand, the AFC South is the worst division in the NFL right now. No doubt about it. After the Texans you have the Titans who have been a joke so far, a Colts team that's still 1-2 years away so isn't ready yet. And of course, you have the Jags, they're the JAGS.

The AFC West really intrigues me. I think the Broncos and Chargers will fight for the 1st place spot, while the other gets the wildcard.

I really don't get the Chiefs, I really don't. But I do think eventually they'll do better, 7-8 win season for them.

As for the Raiders...it's not looking good right now.

I'm getting sick of seeing Victor Cruz doing his dance even on highlights. He needed to change his act.

Sometimes i hate the perfection that the pats "need". Being a winning franchise for a while now...when you lose it hurts more. If we were the cowboys or st louis ect...we would be use to it and enjoy the wins more...but it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Then when we lose and you jump on the forum..it's like a train wreck

He just hasn't been offered them yet.:D When they target the large forehead demographic, he will do them.

I've heard that he donates all of what he makes on those ads to charities.

I've heard that he donates all of what he makes on those ads to charities.

It would be more charitable if he didn't do them.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back