PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Random football thoughts that don't deserve it's own thread.

Did anyone else think that the Pats got robbed of a safety vs Tennessee?

Kendall Wright caught a short pass around the 2 - 3 yard line and then made a lateral, and maybe slightly backwards move when Dowling corralled him and tackled him in the endzone. If the receiver makes the backwards move, since he moved backwards initially from where the pass is completed, isn't the negative yardage charged against the receiver?

Did anyone else think that the Pats got robbed of a safety vs Tennessee?

Kendall Wright caught a short pass around the 2 - 3 yard line and then made a lateral, and maybe slightly backwards move when Dowling corralled him and tackled him in the endzone. If the receiver makes the backwards move, since he moved backwards initially from where the pass is completed, isn't the negative yardage charged against the receiver?

Yes, I could not understand why that wasn't a safety, but the people I was watching with said he gets his forward progress. Several of the players thought otherwise and were doing the signal for a safety.

Yep, and the only reason the field still had dirt on it was because Steve Bartman saved the Marlins season five days prior in Chicago haha.

There was controversy on the OT coin toss which would have been talked about more if Mare didn't miss his kick a few minutes later. The Pats had called tails and it landed on tails but the ref flipped the coin over when he picked it up. I wish NFL.com still had the highlights from the game, because they show the toss and Brady screaming something like "THAT WAS TAILS AND YOU KNOW IT SAMMY!" to Sammy Knight. :lol2:

This was also the game the Pats took over the AFC East lead and didn't give it up until the end of 2008.

That's right - I forgot about that part of it! It was one of those moments where Brady was so upset his voiced cracked as he was yelling at Sammy Knight about it. Sammy did "know it" too, because he stood there with a dumb luck smile on his face and didn't say a word to the ref to correct him. Karma's a you-know-what, Sammy! You know it!!

I went for a grateful dead show around 1990, it was a fine venue for that. Of course any venue would have been fine considering my state of mind. :D

Never been for a football game.
I've been there for a football game. The weather was as atrocious as you could imagine, so I cna't really judge anything else.

This thread 14 posts, you taking the over or under?

That is the real QUESTION?

Over, I can post 15 times.:) Edit: post 105? Gee, I can post once.

With the wussification of rules, I think we will run into Brady wondering if he should be at his kid's Pop Warner games instead of playing when he is 42.

Last edited:
IIRC, he never appeared to even make any forward progress :confused: and I too thought it was a safety. The surrounding din where I was prevented me from hearing the broadcast so I assumed it was a non call, but I don't remember the ball making any forward progress.

Probably my last time watching the game with that crowd!

I was just thinking that, regardless of their public proclamations to the contrary, the Rats would take Chandler Jones over Quentin Coples if they had a do-over.

Now if that had happened, how much different would the Pats' draft have been? They would quite likely have still taken Hightower, but there is no way BB would have taken Coples.

Would the Pats have traded a #1 for another golden goose? It's a fool's errand of course, but it just shows how one little dynamic change could have far reaching effects.

Just to go on record though, I'm thrilled the way things actually DID end up.

I was just thinking that, regardless of their public proclamations to the contrary, the Rats would take Chandler Jones over Quentin Coples if they had a do-over.

Just like they were happy with Vernon Gholston instead of Mayo :D

Last edited:
When was the last time before this week that the Pats had full participation (all players present) at practice? Never?

Was it:
Pure luck
Better S&C staff, keeping the players stronger and healthier
The less intensive training camp (no 2 a days)
Other?

When was the last time before this week that the Pats had full participation (all players present) at practice? Never?

Was it:
Pure luck
Better S&C staff, keeping the players stronger and healthier
The less intensive training camp (no 2 a days)
Other?

i am going to go with never

they're cheating again....:deadhorse:

Something that's been on my mind lately, was Jake Bequette seriously not a lock for the 53 man roster?? He wasn't that bad.....was he??

they're cheating again....:deadhorse:

No kidding. I was sure that it was required that Brady be listed as probable-shoulder or some such nonsense.

I've been there for a football game. The weather was as atrocious as you could imagine, so I cna't really judge anything else.

I remember the Pats game there in 2008. The wind was blowing so hard that kicks were going sideways as soon as they left the foot of the kicker.

Since this thread has a lot of comments about the Schaefer Stadium, Buffalo and the "old" days, why don't we all take a moment to thank Bob Kraft for changing professional football in New England.

Here we are, once again, rooting (put in whatever word best describes your mood at the moment) for one of the premier, if not the premier, franchise in the NFL to hopefully win another Super Bowl.

Great team. Great stadium. Great Players. Great organization. Great owner.

Thank-you Mr. Kraft.

Since this thread has a lot of comments about the Schaefer Stadium, Buffalo and the "old" days, why don't we all take a moment to thank Bob Kraft for changing professional football in New England.

Here we are, once again, rooting (put in whatever word best describes your mood at the moment) for one of the premier, if not the premier, franchise in the NFL to hopefully win another Super Bowl.

Great team. Great stadium. Great Players. Great organization. Great owner.

Thank-you Mr. Kraft.

We could all go on and on about that ...

Just two random thoughts from this week.

Watching Patriots All Access I was so impressed to see the players helping to build a playground in Worcester on their day off. Yes, you can be cynical. You can say that the team is making them do it, it's part of what they have to do in their contracts, it's all PR. But it works! The first thing that Aaron Hernandez does when he sees his big payday is to write a check to the Patriots Charitable Foundation. Straight from the heart!

Apparently, the Cardinals' Team President (Michael Bidwill, owner's son) gave a radio interview on Tuesday stating that Kevin Kolb would start at quarterback on Sunday -- without discussing it with the coach! Could you imagine that in New England? Not any more!

The only thing the Bidwell family proves is that Congenital Idiocy breeds true, through 5 generations...:rolleyes:

The only thing the Bidwell family proves is that Congenital Idiocy breeds true, through 5 generations...:rolleyes:

Pretty much. It's been that way throughout history.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back