PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raining Snowballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a concept: How about they get the snow cleared out of the stadium prior to game time? Then, this is a non-issue, right?

If you don't want fans throwing snow, remove the snow.

Here's a concept: How about they get the snow cleared out of the stadium prior to game time? Then, this is a non-issue, right?

Are you sure your posting on the right site? A smart and logical post is rare on PatsFans. ;)

:D :D

Good point. Given the revenue extracted for seats and parking, the quality of experience at Gillette with the infringement of Patriots Place construction has deteriorated markedly. Removing snow from the stadium was within Kraft's control. Many people missed the game because the parking situation is SO screwed up that they were caught out on Route 1 even up to halftime. After driving to the game over 100 miles on unplowed highways (nice job Governor), I think I went to my last winter game. Got there in time but the drive was totally unsafe.

Last edited:

It snowed 5 inches the morning of the game. No way on earth it could have been removed by game time. You think it would just be simple enought to assume we're all grown up enough to know better.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
were you at the game? there were piles of really good snow. i dont know how you can say it was all water soaked snow. granted, the snow underneath your boots wasnt any good, but the piles everywhere else were.
anyone can sit there and dream up ways in which throwing snowballs is childish and idiotic, and vice versa
there were several circumstances in which snowballs were thrown
a. balls thrown from the upper deck that only made it into the stands below. this was stupid and childish
b. balls thrown at fans, cops, and security. this was stupid and childish
c. balls thrown at the players as they were playing on the field. this would only have been ok if we were losing badly as it could be considered temporary insanity under the stressfull emotional circumstances:D otherwise, it was kind of stupid.
d. balls thrown onto the field of play, far enough away so that the game could not be affected by it. i see nothing wrong with this.
e. balls thrown at mangini that hit people from new england. this is a tough one. collateral damage.
f. balls thrown at mangini that hit him or any other jets executive. nothing wrong with that.

Of course I was at the game. I must have reported 10-12 snowball throwers to security during the game. Obviously you can't be over 20 years old and I'm wasting my time discussing this with you.

Your comments reflect a lack of intellegence & common sense:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Good point. Given the revenue extracted for seats and parking, the quality of experience at Gillette with the infringement of Patriots Place construction has deteriorated markedly. Removing snow from the stadium was within Kraft's control. Many people missed the game because the parking situation is SO screwed up that they were caught out on Route 1 even up to halftime. After driving to the game over 100 miles on unplowed highways (nice job Governor), I think I went to my last winter game. Got there in time but the drive was totally unsafe.

Don't give up, PWP. This team is worth the sacrifice.

It snowed 5 inches the morning of the game. No way on earth it could have been removed by game time. You think it would just be simple enought to assume we're all grown up enough to know better.:rolleyes:

Maybe there was no way to remove ALL of the snow from the stadium, but they could have done a much better job. If you got into the stadium early enough, it looked like ski slopes in between the seating sections in the 300's!! You could not even see the stairs. That is just asking for it, IMO :eek:

The parking lots are another joke all together. Really, the only solution for Kraft is to throw money at a situation like this and have a crew ready to go. He makes enough off of his $8 hot chocolates and $10 beers! The loyal fans deserve better.

But, I suspect that many of the loyals were absent this Sunday and their tickets were used by people that do not attend weekly.

The faithful know the drill on snow days and don't want to put up with the hassles.

Totally irresponsible to leave the 300 stairways unshoveled. I give a pass on clearing the $40 parking lots which were almost a foot deep in slushy water in places or had icy dangerous downslopes, nothing you can really do about that in this weather but having people risk broken limbs or worse clambering down to seats in the 300s is irresponsible and a FU to the most loyal fans. Our 'beautiful people' seats in the 100s were somewhat shoveled out, enough to be safe.

The entire handling of snow games leaves so much to be desired. Unplowed / half plowed lots lead to traffic tie ups on Rt1, which backs up 495, then 95 and cause people to run out of gas, miss most of the game, etc.......

The faithful spend way too much money on game day to have to deal with this.

Maybe Kraft can take a page from the school of Belichick and constantly improve on the fan experience during snow games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes