PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly: Sources say Walsh has nothing and he regrets alluding he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed reading the actual blurb after reading the title of the thread. I agree with the poster that said the title is misleading. Nowhere does PFW say he has "nothing" or even remotely similar. All it basically say is that he didn't want this much attention. That could be taken many different ways and is totally separate from whether he has anything damaging or not.

My guess is that he has something new, although not necessarily a tape. I doubt Levy bothers to represent him if he had "nothing".

I think I'm going to wait for all the information to come out before I pop my "vindication champagne". I don't want to be blindsided by some unforseen twist.

When this first started before week 2, some conjectured that we were witnessing a "coup" by other teams in the league against the Pats, kings of the NFL, prompted mainly by the theft of Randy Moss for a song from the Raiders and what was perceived as unendurable arrogance by BB. The conspirators believed the Pats had tampered, orchestrated the move with Moss, and forced Oakland's hand. This was competitive imbalance in the eyes of many pathologically competitive men. All offseason they were determined to wound the Pats, with the longshot aim of destroying BB's reputation and maybe even forcing his resignation. This was partially motivated by extreme personal dislike of BB. I believe the principal men involved were Polian, Fisher and Tannenbaum, and they knew they could manipulate a fawning press eager for inside scoop, a mentally sluggish neophyte commish, and the ignorant mob of NFL fandom as long as they could gain the acquiescence of the Rooneys and the Maras, the traditional pillars of the league.

We learned from Walsh's conversation with the ESPN mediot in Hawaii that before he was fired by Pioli, (so Walsh claims) he had already become disgruntled and sent information to other teams about the Pats, trolling for future employment. This was the reason Walsh originally put forward for his termination: Pioli had discovered he was sending out information of some kind. It seems logical that Walsh's identity as a disgruntled Pats employee was therefore known to certain NFL teams. One of those teams could have tipped ESPN off to Walsh's whereabouts and background (read: Easterbrook). I find it no coincidence that Easterbrook foisted the Good vs Evil, Colts vs Pats canard on the nation. This was the equivalent of a "you scratch my back I scratch yours" reward for the Poliannas. Dungy's uncharacteristic nastiness on this issue smacks of a man too close to the story. He was the first one to speak out, IMO disingenuously, against the Pats; and he did so immediately, as though it were pre-planned IOT fan the flames scandal and force the commissioner's hand on the severity of punishment. Dungy has continued to offer commentary on "Spygate" ever since, with venom, and his inability to hide his animus IMO unmasks the Colts as one of the prime movers behind the charade.

I believe the bloodletting, the lost SB, the public ridicule has now satisfied the bloodlust of the league figures involved, punctuated by Krafts apology at the owners meetings, in which he humbled himself before them.

But there is something none of these people, Tannenbaum, Polian, Fisher et. al. have calculated. That is the extreme loyalty of Jonathan Kraft to his father. He can't even talk about the way Parcells treated his father without becoming emotional now, and that was 10+ years ago. Jonathan Kraft is going to carry a vendetta with him the rest of his life. He has been very quiet, on this subject since the SB. My sense is that this was an injunction from his father, and he has kept his silence with extreme reluctance.

I believe J. Kraft will pursue this issue relentlessly within the law for as long as he is breathing and the Pats and their fans will eventually have the vengeance they deserve against the villains in question. What form that vengeance takes we can only guess. But I am confident I have read J. Kraft's personality correctly and that he will leave no stone unturned to vindicate his father's team, and unmask his father's enemies.

He is a very shrewd man who has at times too loose a tongue but is extremely aggressive both personally and professionally. He is not the kind of man you want to have as an enemy for the long term. If I were Polian, Tannenbaum, Fisher et. al. and the men they represent, I would not rest easily. Revenge is best served cold.

C'mon Pony, the day of vindication is now upon us. The great thing about J Kraft's vindictiveness is that he has the entire...ENTIRE Patriot Nation behind him on this.

Although Kraft's humbled apology to the owners was the right move, it was hypocritical of 80% of the other teams to be present and feel they were "owed" an apology. These 80% to which I refer are those teams that made no effort to stand up and admit what the Patriots did was common practice. Instead, they stood and acted holier than thou as if the Patriots were the ONLY team that ever filmed signals. They looked down their collective snotty noses as if the Patriots organization were now beneith them and had somehow insulted their integrity. Of course we know this was BS in it's purest form.

Like I said, the day of vindication is now upon us and Jonathan Kraft or somebody BETTER be seeking REVENGE for the Patriots!

Last edited:
You hold no grudges against them.......you are a better man than I am Pope Benedict......If this whole thing gets dropped, I would expect nothing less than TONS of apologies from every mediot and fans of other teams out there as this would have been one of the biggest travesties in the HISTORY of professional sports. When you think of all the pressure that the Pats were under in the SB to begin with .....and then add on ONE MORE heaping pile of "scandal" brought forth by that steaming pile of sh## TomASSHo' and Sphincter......You can see how the Pats came out flat......and played stiff........unreal....and pathetic

I truly do hope you saw my "but I hold no grudges" comment as pure & unadulturated sarcasm Jones. If not, I can not imagine how you saw it any other way.

Just wait for when the owners opt out of the bargaining agreement, you will see how the Krafts feel about their treatment by Goodell and his backers like the Colts.:rocker:

I hope it's true and we can put this to rest. But, no where in the paragraph you provided could I find "Walsh has nothing". did I miss it?

Tomase is just guilty of poor reporting. This isn't even close to libel.

And the PFW story is full of BS. Months after Walsh opened his mouth, his lawyer claimed that he had tapes (of some sort) that he had seen, and that Scott Pioli was a liar (in reference to the tape recording incident).

Unless that lawyer is a lunatic, then the PFW story is bogus.

I agree on Tomase, but this will cost him his job because absent being right he and his paper are like ESPN dead men walking in Foxboro these days and the Herald will have to do something to try and rectify that seeing as in their case the Pats are the only football team in town they can cover.

That the lawyer claimed he had tapes means little - the Pats now realize he has those. Unfortunately for Matt the media was a little slow on the uptake regarding how the whole issue was settled between the team and the dunderhead commissioner. He penalized us for a totality of taping signals ever since Bill arrived, he just didn't articulate that well from the outset. Any copies Matt retained come from that period and could not have been turned over by the team since he stole them during his employ. Once it came down to having THE tape of the Rams walkthrough or nothing, Walsh was cooked. Particularly after the league investigated the circumstances of that day and established that Walsh was not in the facility for the walkthrough, there was no power to the pre set EZ camera sights which the league apparently approved of in those days..., that he mentioned to a co-worker he exited the facility with that they should have taped what transpired, that every past and present team employee the league interviewed denied ever seeing any walkthrough tape. By being forthcoming with the league BB negated the value of any other tapes Walsh illegally possessed to the point that producing them now only causes problems for...Matt Walsh.

Even the media is tiring of this story now that the league has made it clear they are ready to do as the Patriots have done, move on. Absent an actual walk through tape Matt is now poised to emerge as the fall guy who made them all look foolish. That is the situation he now hopes to extricate himself from. He always wanted to be somebody, and for a short period of time he was. Unfortunately it's not looking like he can parlay that into anything more than being a punch line in sucker jokes about disgruntled former employees. There is also the reality that absent hard evidence to substantiate any likely embellished information he hoped to share, going forward even more focus would be directed at who he is, and judging from some of the comments posted on various boards by people who claimed to know him personally - which amazingly proved to be spot on regarding his time in college and his propensity for embellishing if not flat out lying and the circumstances surrounding his termination - he doesn't want to go there. The internet is an amazing thing...the mainstream media should learn to truly utilize it some day. You can find out just about anything you want or perhaps need to know even about some guy who was once a low level video assistant on a football team...

Oh, Upstater1 - Make no mistake about it, it's libel if it's found to be untrue with NO corroborating "Source".

All Kraft has to do is prove that it has in some way negatively affected his organization.

Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple; the Patriots would actually have to prove that the Herald knew it was cr*p, or had reasonable cause to believe it, and went ahead and published it anyway.

[The bar is higher because the Patriots would be considered 'public figures.' If the Herald published an article claiming I was, say, a deadbeat dad, I--as a private citizen--wouldn't need to prove intent.]

C'mon Pony, the day of vindication is now upon us. The great thing about J Kraft's vindictiveness is that he has the entire...ENTIRE Patriot Nation behind him on this.

Although Kraft's humbled apology to the owners was the right move, it was hypocritical of 80% of the other teams to be present and feel they were "owed" an apology. These 80% to which I refer are those teams that made no effort to stand up and admit what the Patriots did was common practice. Instead, they stood and acted holier than thou as if the Patriots were the ONLY team that ever filmed signals. They looked down their collective snotty noses as if the Patriots organization were now beneith them and had somehow insulted their integrity. Of course we know this was BS in it's purest form.

Like I said, the day of vindication is now upon us and Jonathan Kraft or somebody BETTER be seeking REVENGE for the Patriots!

Robert is a consilliator and concensus builder and the league took advantage of that. They knew he would take one for the team without going all Al Davis on them. Jonathan is his fathers son, but with an edge. He won't do anything that hurts the collective, but he will do things to make those he perceives as enemies wish they hadn't been so short sighted in their quest to tear down the reputation of this teams HC and tarnish it's accomplishments. He's kind of like Bill in that respect. Bill doesn't vent or wail in public, he just cuts people off privately and then proceeds to punish them on the field.

Don't get mad, get even. First order of business is continuing the winning. Secondarily, there will be things they need or want support for that will not necessarily be forthcoming from the influential Kraft power base.

There won't be any lawsuits or even threats of lawsuits, just whispers here and there that they could have gone that route. Instead they will work behind the scenes to expand their power base, increase their revenue streams and fill up the shelves in the trophy case. Success is the best revenge.

Last edited:
You're translating, and speculating though. I'm talking about the actual wording, which isn't the same.

If I was a Patriots hater I could also look at that sources rumor concerning Walsh in a completely different light. For example, maybe Walsh does have something, but the Patriots or the NFL paid for his silence, which is the reason for his suddenly wanting this to all go away?

That's an entirely speculative hypothetical, but it's really not all that different from the slant getting speculated by us Patriots fans, just in the opposite direction. I wouldn't be surprised if you see some Patriots haters using a similar slant, either.

I've personally thought Walsh was BS'ing for a long time, but the source doesn't actually say Walsh has nothing.

Well... seriously... On the other side, you have the freaking senator and COMCAST. If Kraft and Goodell show up with money bags at Walsh's door steps, COMCAST will come there with golden bags and Alan Specter will come there with subpeonas to Walsh, Kraft and Goodell for obstructing the justice (with this senator, it is is 99% guaranteed).

The fact that those lawyers in St. Louis drooped their frivolous law suit, Walsh's lawyers prevaricating and now these sources telling that Walsh regrets about loose talk and wants to live his own life all point to one thing: he is freaking in his pants.

Rest assured that neither the league nor ther Pats are buying off Walsh. While I can't speak for Goodell's intelligence,Kraft is surely not going to give a pathalogical liar and thief something to hold over his head indefinitely. Part of a hush money deal is that the person you give hush money to can be trusted to keep their mouth shut, thats not Walsh.

Rest assured that neither the league nor ther Pats are buying off Walsh. While I can't speak for Goodell's intelligence,Kraft is surely not going to give a pathalogical liar and thief something to hold over his head indefinitely. Part of a hush money deal is that the person you give hush money to can be trusted to keep their mouth shut, thats not Walsh.

And they would look even worse, since they're publicly saying "We're not stopping him from coming forward."

That jerk off at the Herald will probalby need a new job soon. You know he is persona non grata at the Patriots so no new scoops, and if I were living in Boston, I would make him be as comfortable as Bartman is in Chicago.

This Topic has to win the "Most Misleading & Inaccurate Title" award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back