PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly: Sources say Walsh has nothing and he regrets alluding he did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the season is over & I've had a chance to reflect upon the media & fan frenzy that ocurred last hear over "spygate" all I can say is there are a lot of psychotic people out there.

Just look at the media types who hated Bill Belichik and the Patriots and the hating fans who used this as a spring-board for a season-long witch-hunt. The venom that these people spewed all year was amazing...amazing and sad. I really think these people to whom I am referring actually believe their behavior was acceptable and sane. Listen closely people..."IT WAS NOT!"

If this issue is finally done with, I will make a post that tells these people how immature, stupid and insane they were acting. Basically taking on the behavior of low-life scum-bag haters. But hey, I hold no grudges against them!:D

Thankfully, we are allowed to insult nameless people!;)

Anyone think we should continue with the FU tour in 2008?

You hold no grudges against them.......you are a better man than I am Pope Benedict......If this whole thing gets dropped, I would expect nothing less than TONS of apologies from every mediot and fans of other teams out there as this would have been one of the biggest travesties in the HISTORY of professional sports. When you think of all the pressure that the Pats were under in the SB to begin with .....and then add on ONE MORE heaping pile of "scandal" brought forth by that steaming pile of sh## TomASSHo' and Sphincter......You can see how the Pats came out flat......and played stiff........unreal....and pathetic

Gentlemen, start your lawyers.

Gentlemen, start your lawyers.

Heck I would think that we could find a couple Lawyers who are die-hard Pats fans who would do all the work pro-bono! :rocker:

Heck I would think that we could find a couple Lawyers who are die-hard Pats fans who would do all the work pro-bono! :rocker:

I get the sentiment, but why would anyone do pro-bono work for Kraft? The guy's a zillionaire.

while i enjoy reading all the posts to patsfan.com, ihave one simple question to a lot of you:DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SPELL? how about hitting the spell checker now and then. "liable" for "libel" is just plain ignorant.

l

If Walsh thinks he can dump this little line and walk away unscathed...he really is in for a surprise.

"Walsh has insinuated that he knows something shady about the Patriots’ practices, although we hear that, at this point"

I think we need the truth here.....I want the truth from WALSH, LEVY & all the lawyers, COMCAST & SPECTOR...all of them.

I also want to see tomASSee go away, far far away.

Tomase is just guilty of poor reporting. This isn't even close to libel.

And the PFW story is full of BS. Months after Walsh opened his mouth, his lawyer claimed that he had tapes (of some sort) that he had seen, and that Scott Pioli was a liar (in reference to the tape recording incident).

Unless that lawyer is a lunatic, then the PFW story is bogus.

I get the sentiment, but why would anyone do pro-bono work for Kraft? The guy's a zillionaire.

True, but I would think many lawyers that are Pats fans would jump at the chance to join Kraft's legal team. ;)

while i enjoy reading all the posts to patsfan.com, ihave one simple question to a lot of you:DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO SPELL? how about hitting the spell checker now and then. "liable" for "libel" is just plain ignorant.

l

Well, since you brought it up, it is grammatically correct to use capitals to start a sentence, i is usually capitalized and I usually put a space between my words such as I have, not ihave as you did.

Maybe if YOU hit the spell checker, you might have been able to pick that up??

Sorry, I could not resist...personally, I do not care.

l

Hi, Pete, but you're on a fool's errand. Emotion hits the keys these days; there are precious few posters who take the time to coalesce cogent thoughts before hitting the "Submit" button, esp. when the subject of this post is the one in question.

I'm still trying to summon up the objectivity to watch SBXLII again, so maybe I'm just a pansy, but I've been a member here a long time, and, like a lot of long-time members, you won't see me posting much. I'm waiting until draft time for actual football-related posts again.

Welcome to the board, though!

Last edited:
You hold no grudges against them.......you are a better man than I am Pope Benedict......If this whole thing gets dropped, I would expect nothing less than TONS of apologies from every mediot and fans of other teams out there as this would have been one of the biggest travesties in the HISTORY of professional sports. When you think of all the pressure that the Pats were under in the SB to begin with .....and then add on ONE MORE heaping pile of "scandal" brought forth by that steaming pile of sh## TomASSHo' and Sphincter......You can see how the Pats came out flat......and played stiff........unreal....and pathetic

Mediots do not apologize; journalists do.

How many journalists are left writing about sports these days? Where are the George Fraziers? The guy used write articles about the Red Sox opening day...in Latin! In the 60s, when the Sox couldn't sell 10,000 tickets to game! Self-indulgent? Perhaps, but at least Frazier showed some effort (albeit tongue-in-cheek), and how many more copies of the afternoon edition were sold because the publishing of a sports article about an irrelevant team written in a dead language?

Now we have Felger, Tomase, Shaugnessy, Ryan and the recently or soon-to-be retired cast of celebrity egoists like Lobel, Mannix, Borges, et al, who rely on hearsay, bluster, and repetitive saturation of their supposed expert analysis through TV, radio, print, and the Web.

What do you expect, really?

Last edited:
Now that the season is over & I've had a chance to reflect upon the media & fan frenzy that ocurred last hear over "spygate" all I can say is there are a lot of psychotic people out there.

Just look at the media types who hated Bill Belichik and the Patriots and the hating fans who used this as a spring-board for a season-long witch-hunt. The venom that these people spewed all year was amazing...amazing and sad. I really think these people to whom I am referring actually believe their behavior was acceptable and sane. Listen closely people..."IT WAS NOT!"

If this issue is finally done with, I will make a post that tells these people how immature, stupid and insane they were acting. Basically taking on the behavior of low-life scum-bag haters. But hey, I hold no grudges against them!:D

Thankfully, we are allowed to insult nameless people!;)

Anyone think we should continue with the FU tour in 2008?

Continue? I think it should be ramped up!

I think I'm going to wait for all the information to come out before I pop my "vindication champagne". I don't want to be blindsided by some unforseen twist.

When this first started before week 2, some conjectured that we were witnessing a "coup" by other teams in the league against the Pats, kings of the NFL, prompted mainly by the theft of Randy Moss for a song from the Raiders and what was perceived as unendurable arrogance by BB. The conspirators believed the Pats had tampered, orchestrated the move with Moss, and forced Oakland's hand. This was competitive imbalance in the eyes of many pathologically competitive men. All offseason they were determined to wound the Pats, with the longshot aim of destroying BB's reputation and maybe even forcing his resignation. This was partially motivated by extreme personal dislike of BB. I believe the principal men involved were Polian, Fisher and Tannenbaum, and they knew they could manipulate a fawning press eager for inside scoop, a mentally sluggish neophyte commish, and the ignorant mob of NFL fandom as long as they could gain the acquiescence of the Rooneys and the Maras, the traditional pillars of the league.

We learned from Walsh's conversation with the ESPN mediot in Hawaii that before he was fired by Pioli, (so Walsh claims) he had already become disgruntled and sent information to other teams about the Pats, trolling for future employment. This was the reason Walsh originally put forward for his termination: Pioli had discovered he was sending out information of some kind. It seems logical that Walsh's identity as a disgruntled Pats employee was therefore known to certain NFL teams. One of those teams could have tipped ESPN off to Walsh's whereabouts and background (read: Easterbrook). I find it no coincidence that Easterbrook foisted the Good vs Evil, Colts vs Pats canard on the nation. This was the equivalent of a "you scratch my back I scratch yours" reward for the Poliannas. Dungy's uncharacteristic nastiness on this issue smacks of a man too close to the story. He was the first one to speak out, IMO disingenuously, against the Pats; and he did so immediately, as though it were pre-planned IOT fan the flames scandal and force the commissioner's hand on the severity of punishment. Dungy has continued to offer commentary on "Spygate" ever since, with venom, and his inability to hide his animus IMO unmasks the Colts as one of the prime movers behind the charade.

I believe the bloodletting, the lost SB, the public ridicule has now satisfied the bloodlust of the league figures involved, punctuated by Krafts apology at the owners meetings, in which he humbled himself before them.

But there is something none of these people, Tannenbaum, Polian, Fisher et. al. have calculated. That is the extreme loyalty of Jonathan Kraft to his father. He can't even talk about the way Parcells treated his father without becoming emotional now, and that was 10+ years ago. Jonathan Kraft is going to carry a vendetta with him the rest of his life. He has been very quiet, on this subject since the SB. My sense is that this was an injunction from his father, and he has kept his silence with extreme reluctance.

I believe J. Kraft will pursue this issue relentlessly within the law for as long as he is breathing and the Pats and their fans will eventually have the vengeance they deserve against the villains in question. What form that vengeance takes we can only guess. But I am confident I have read J. Kraft's personality correctly and that he will leave no stone unturned to vindicate his father's team, and unmask his father's enemies.

He is a very shrewd man who has at times too loose a tongue but is extremely aggressive both personally and professionally. He is not the kind of man you want to have as an enemy for the long term. If I were Polian, Tannenbaum, Fisher et. al. and the men they represent, I would not rest easily. Revenge is best served cold.

Last edited:
Wow, PE, that was really interesting. I am guessing you are right on most, if not all, of your points. That post should have it's own thread.

l

Always some jackass who can't see the forest for the trees - We are talking about the Patriots here - It's NOT A SPELLING CONTEST.

BTW - My Spelling sucks, so I get a little more angry then most. :)

Last edited:
Tomase is just guilty of poor reporting. This isn't even close to libel.

And the PFW story is full of BS. Months after Walsh opened his mouth, his lawyer claimed that he had tapes (of some sort) that he had seen, and that Scott Pioli was a liar (in reference to the tape recording incident).

Unless that lawyer is a lunatic, then the PFW story is bogus.

Oh, Upstater1 - Make no mistake about it, it's libel if it's found to be untrue with NO corroborating "Source".

All Kraft has to do is prove that it has in some way negatively affected his organization.

Someone needs to teach the Herald a lesson. Maybe then they won't print the ramblings of a mentally ill disgruntled employee with no proof the day before the Super Bowl.

.... Dungy's uncharacteristic nastiness on this issue smacks of a man too close to the story. He was the first one to speak out, IMO disingenuously, against the Pats; and he did so immediately, as though it were pre-planned IOT fan the flames scandal and force the commissioner's hand on the severity of punishment. Dungy has continued to offer commentary on "Spygate" ever since, with venom, and his inability to hide his animus IMO unmasks the Colts as one of the prime movers behind the charade......

Disingenuous Dungy. It has a certain self-righteous ring to it.

Agreed. There will be a day when all account are settled.:rocker:

I believe J. Kraft will pursue this issue relentlessly within the law for as long as he is breathing and the Pats and their fans will eventually have the vengeance they deserve against the villains in question..............
He is a very shrewd man who has at times too loose a tongue but is extremely aggressive both personally and professionally. He is not the kind of man you want to have as an enemy for the long term. If I were Polian, Tannenbaum, Fisher et. al. and the men they represent, I would not rest easily. Revenge is best served cold.

Great post and wholeheartedly agree.....It may be way into the future but when it comes, there will be many smiles in New England......and across Patriot Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News