PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Priority UDFAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add mine..knowing in the last picks ANY may be taken.....
RB---Yvenson Bernard---Kregg Lumpkin
WR--Danny Amendola---Ed Williams
TE---JJ Finley---Mathrw Mulligan
OL---Digger Bujnoch---Tyler Polumbus--James Blair--Mackenzie Mernadeau
DL---Jacob Owens---Derek Lokey
LB---Marc Magro---Kelly Popinga---J Lehman
DB---Cornelius Brown--Dominic Patrick---Matterral Richardson---DJ Wolfe
P---(of course) Mike Dragosavich
(4 O linemen I had listed and were gone in the last round Schwartz, Barton, Beranadeau and Richard)

Not sure why we would draft Ruud with so many other OLBs left on the board...My binky Wesley Woodyard(albeit he should be SS)went undrafted, but so did OLB Hendersen from MD, Dunbar from BC and Highsmith of LSU. Silva would also be a decent invitee.

Bernadeau was a guy they liked, unfortuantely the Panthers grabbed him 2 picks before Mr. "I"

He is very, very, very slow and not big.

Highsmith also scored a 7 on the Wonderlic. That would designate functional illiteracy and probably severe mental handicaps. I'm guessing that had a lot to do with it.

I'd like Anthony Alridge, the RB from Houston, and Jamie Silva to be invited to camp.

I would guess Dionte Johnson, Ohio State fullback, will get a chance. He's Pepper's son.

J D Sal

I would guess Dionte Johnson, Ohio State fullback, will get a chance. He's Pepper's son.

J D Sal

Nice call. I'd like to see them bring in a few FBs to challenge Evans.

Names that leap out at me...

Erin Henderson, LB, Maryand (health must not have checked out, which is a shame)
Jeremy Leman, LB, Illinois
Curtis Johnson, DE, Clark Atlanta
Wesley Woodyard, LB (S) Kentucky
Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Mississippi
Darius Reynaud, RB/WR, West Virginia
Kerry Brown, OG, Appalachian State

Hopefully, the area scouts were out there as soon as the draft

concluded signing UDFAs. Indianapolis proves each year that there

are some bargains among the undrafted players. Two of their defensive

starters are UFDAs.

dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but jamie silva went undrafted as well

sorry. Haven't been around for the past few hours Selections (while I figure it out)-
Joe Jon Finley
Kerry Brown
Shawn McMackin
Edit- (more)
Drew Radovich - OG
Will Robinson- ot
Keilen Dykes TE
Jameel McClain olb
Jo- Lonn Dunbar- ilb
Jeremy Leman ilb
Dvone Bess- Wr
Adarius Bowman- wr
Darius Renaud- wr
Kevin Robinson -wr

My List:
RB
Andre Callender: Would be a good third down back to groom behind Faulk.
Rafael Little: Had some injury problems, but he also has some talent, and can make plays in the receiving game.
Dantrell Savage

WR
Darius Reynaud
Dorien Bryant
Adarius Bowman: I liked what I witnessed on the field, but he's had some troubles off the field, which had a lot to do with his slide out of the draft. Bringing him in as a UDFA seems alright, and he could turn into a great receiver, or simply be a cut, which really wouldn't matter.

TE
Joe Jon Finley
Joey Haynos: Tallest TE in the draft, with some ability as a blocker.
Matthew Mulligan: Great blocker.

CB
Jonathan Zenon
Justin McKinney

Safety
Jamar Adams
DJ Wolfe
Jamie Silva
Simeon Castille

ILB
Erin Henderson (ILB/OLB hyrid). I'm really surprised he wasn't picked by someone. Not sure of his fit for the system, but he could be a nice UDFA signing.

Jameel McClain:Kind of surprised he wasn't picked. I think he can be a good thumper at ILB, and might have a better career than some LB's who actually were drafted in rounds 4-7.

Jeremy Leman: Got to see this guy a number of times. He was all over the field during their game against OSU, and looked better than the hyped Laurenaitis.

OLB
Darrell Robertson
Curtis Gatewood
Ezra Butler: Played in a 34, started his career out at DT, had good numbers at OLB.

DL
Keilen Dykes (DE/DT)

P
Mike Dragosavich

Last edited:
what site lists updated UDFA signings? Anyone know?

Erin Henderson, LB, Maryand (health must not have checked out, which is a shame)

This is a good list. I really liked Woodyard when I saw him in games, he is just so much of a tweener, don't know if he could be a safety or not, but he is a football player.

This is a list of possible targets from Patriots.com. I was going to add link but I am not allowed yet.

Ali Highsmith, LB LSU – Medical concerns caused Highsmith – a projected mid-round draft pick – to fall completely out of the draft. Highsmith could be this year’s Brandon Siler, who made the Chargers roster last season after slipping to the seventh round of the draft with a knee injury. When healthy, Highsmith is much more productive than a lot of linebackers that were drafted ahead of him, so a team that signs him as undrafted free agent could be getting a real steal.

Erin Henderson, LB Maryland – Henderson is another linebacker that slipped all the way out of the draft due to injury concerns. However, Henderson’s production on the field can’t be ignored. He racked up a lot of tackles for the Terps and he plays with a real mean streak. Like Highsmith, teams could be getting a really good player in Henderson as long as he can stay on the field.

Curtis Gatewood, OLB Vanderbilt - I believe that Gatewood is one of the few college outside linebackers who can play that position in a 3-4 scheme. Gatewood is extremely athletic and really pressures the passer well. He played outside linebacker and defensive end in college, so he has the versatility the Patriots like. As an undrafted free agent, I think Gatewood is an intriguing prospect for a team like the Patriots.

Jameel McCLain, ILB Syracuse - An extremely versatile player, McClain played ILB, OLB and DE in college. He really got off the ball quickly playing with his hand down and reminded me some of Mike Vrabel when I watched him on tape. People question McClain's speed but he ran much better than expected at the Combine. I think a guy with McClain's flexibility to play multiple positions would be a nice addition to New England's defense.

Ben Moffitt, ILB South Florida - Moffitt was a Butkus Award semi-finalist and the leader of a South Florida defense that was among the nations best in 2007. As an undrafted free agent, it may be worth taking a shot on a guy who, at the very least, will be a standout on special teams and could eventually turn into a solid NFL linebacker because of his heart and desire.

Vince Hall, ILB Virginia Tech – Hall is yet another big-time linebacker who could be a nice pickup for teams. I was really surprised that Hall wasn’t drafted. I thought he was a much better prospect than his teammate at Virginia Tech, Xavier Adibi. Hall doesn’t mind tacking on blockers and he makes a lot of tackles in the backfield. At the very least, Hall should be a demon on special teams in the NFL.

Drew Radovich, G USC – A lot of people thought Radovich could be one of the top guards taken off the board but some character concerns pushed teams away to the point where Radovich surprisingly wasn’t even drafted. Radovich isn’t a mauler but he’s an athletic guy who is similar in style of play to Stephen Neal.
He will no doubt be one of the most sought after undrafted free agents because he has third or fourth round ability.

Jamie Silva, S Boston College – Silva isn’t the fastest guy in the world but he has good intangibles and really understands the game. Silva makes up for his lack of sped with good instincts. He doesn’t have the measurables that will blow you away but Silva is a thumper who would be an asset to any team on special teams.

Matthew Mulligan, TE Maine – Mulligan is known for his blocking and because of that, he should find his way onto an NFL roster. He doesn’t have great speed (4.89 in the 40-yard dash) but Mulligan makes his living as a bruising blocker in the running game. Sounds like the kind of guy the Patriots may took a look at as a free agent.

Maurice Murray, RB Northeastern – A local product, Murray was extremely productive in his career at Northeastern. At 225 pounds, Morris has the prototypical size of an NFL running back and I think he’s a better pro prospect than Justise Hairston, a small school back the Patriots drafted last year. Referred to as “The Machine” by some, Morris could be a preseason surprise for an NFL team.

Pats have signed DT Chris Norwell, from Illinois.

Yeah, I was def surprised not to see that name called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News