PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction Re: Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
in have no predictions for this issue...mission impossible

Branch has until Friday to show up and play or come up with a trade.

If he does neither by Friday he will be benched for the most part for most, if not all the season unless he resigns. So, 3 choices:

1: Resign a new deal...no fine...and he plays when he is ready.

2: Shows up by Friday...but is benched for most if not all the season.

3: Come up with a trade.

4: Do nothing...don't be surprised with this option...it's a 50% probability.
But, it is very probable for a reason I stated here before that still exists
and it's go him mad as mad can be.

Aside from the fact he feels screwed by signing for that extra year...there was an option for the Patriots to somewhat smooth the bad feelings by giving him 1 of the 4 Vinateiri commercial spots that everyone on the team covets.

One of those commercial spots would have made him enough money to take away the pain from not entering free agency when he should have. These commercial spots mean more emotionally to players than the monetary value they hold.

I stated back a few months ago that he was very pissed off he did not receive 1 spot (slap in the face). He was mad then and he is still mad now concerning this and it's one reason why he may not show up and may not play at all this year....it was about $$$ and now it is all about pride & $$$.

What factor Chayut played in all of this my friend(contact) does not know...but I sense the agent played up the slap in the face concerning the commercial spot because the player that got the 4 spots left.

I'll stop there because I think there's another factor concerning that but it is just my opinion...you take a guess...if I hear it come out later...I won't be surprised and I wouldn't blame Branch at all...I'd hit the road myself...sometime's pride is worth a million or two when you make that much money...you can live your life knowing you were(are) no chump.

F.B.N. said:
I'll stop there because I think there's another factor concerning that but it is just my opinion...you take a guess...if I hear it come out later...I won't be surprised and I wouldn't blame Branch at all...I'd hit the road myself...sometime's pride is worth a million or two when you make that much money...you can live your life knowing you were(are) no chump.
Not even a hint of what it is??? AND if it is that big and that wrong...who is to blame for that???? No hint at all??? FBN...you may hold the key to fans understanding of this...and?? tease??

F.B.N. said:
Branch has until Friday to show up and play or come up with a trade.

If he does neither by Friday he will be benched for the most part for most, if not all the season unless he resigns. So, 3 choices:

1: Resign a new deal...no fine...and he plays when he is ready.

2: Shows up by Friday...but is benched for most if not all the season.

3: Come up with a trade.

4: Do nothing...don't be surprised with this option...it's a 50% probability.
But, it is very probable for a reason I stated here before that still exists
and it's go him mad as mad can be.

Aside from the fact he feels screwed by signing for that extra year...there was an option for the Patriots to somewhat smooth the bad feelings by giving him 1 of the 4 Vinateiri commercial spots that everyone on the team covets.

One of those commercial spots would have made him enough money to take away the pain from not entering free agency when he should have. These commercial spots mean more emotionally to players than the monetary value they hold.

I stated back a few months ago that he was very pissed off he did not receive 1 spot (slap in the face). He was mad then and he is still mad now concerning this and it's one reason why he may not show up and may not play at all this year....it was about $$$ and now it is all about pride & $$$.

What factor Chayut played in all of this my friend(contact) does not know...but I sense the agent played up the slap in the face concerning the commercial spot because the player that got the 4 spots left.

Care to elaborate please - what is all about this spot you are referring to?

Also, assuming nothing happens, is there some kind of list we put him on as the season begins so we do not have to have him take up a roster spot - without suspending him for the season? How does the game 10 scenario work with regards to the 53 man roster?

Last edited:
fgssand said:
Care to elaborate please - what is all about this spot you are referring to?

Also, assuming nothing happens, is there some kind of list we put him on as the season begins so we do not have to have him take up a roster spot - without suspending him for the season? How does the game 10 scenario work with regards to the 53 man roster?
I agree,,it's a tease...amd not knowing about it and how this monwy has gotten him so upset? What dpes it mean, Branch is all about the reen like Ty Law???
I do NOT think he counts untl he xomes back..Week 10, but then he costs a roster spot..meaning someone must go. And if Branch comes back with a bad attitude what can the Patriots do?? They way fines have piled up, he'll be playing for nothing..

F.B.N. said:
4: Do nothing...don't be surprised with this option...it's a 50% probability. But, it is very probable for a reason I stated here before that still exists and it's go him mad as mad can be.

I won't be surprised and I wouldn't blame Branch at all

I think if one heard this story and the name was Ty Law instead no one would have been surprised. But Deion Branch?? When one talks about respect pride they are always talking about the money. THAT is always what the bottom line is...from Ty to Pedro to...? It's all about the money..even small amounts. And that I think is what is very interesting because from what all media people have said about Deion, the last thing they would say is that it was all about the money. Deion is hunble, Deion thinks about the team...Deion is...like Ty Law?? Obvious Deion IS very much like Ty Law, more so than any of us realize. And that means this "humble Deion" is more a front; what a total phony he is. No wonder he is laughing all the time...completely fooling the media and the public...

In a Pats fan's worst nightmare, I predict Branch will be traded to the Jets for a second-round pick. The only redeeming part of this trade is that he won't have a quarterback that can throw to him. But it's all part of Mangini's master plan to take down the Patriots, one player at a time.

Pats726 said:
I agree,,it's a tease...amd not knowing about it and how this monwy has gotten him so upset? What dpes it mean, Branch is all about the reen like Ty Law???
I do NOT think he counts untl he xomes back..Week 10, but then he costs a roster spot..meaning someone must go. And if Branch comes back with a bad attitude what can the Patriots do?? They way fines have piled up, he'll be playing for nothing..

I cannot fault Branch for trying to maximize his green. He does need to ensure financial security and a a very high performer in the entertainment inductry he expects compensation. He may just value money more than you do. Don't expect him to have a fan's priorities. My criticism as a fan is the tactics he's let his agent use.

Pats726 said:
I think if one heard this story and the name was Ty Law instead no one would have been surprised. But Deion Branch?? When one talks about respect pride they are always talking about the money. THAT is always what the bottom line is...from Ty to Pedro to...? It's all about the money..even small amounts. And that I think is what is very interesting because from what all media people have said about Deion, the last thing they would say is that it was all about the money. Deion is hunble, Deion thinks about the team...Deion is...like Ty Law?? Obvious Deion IS very much like Ty Law, more so than any of us realize. And that means this "humble Deion" is more a front; what a total phony he is. No wonder he is laughing all the time...completely fooling the media and the public...

Did you miss the lack of respect part of the situation? Maybe he thought he would be a member of the inner circle, only to find out he is not even close. That had to be a slap in face for him and I assure you, he has not really smiled for quite sometime now.
However, I still feel the Patriots showed him the money by offering him a contract (one year early) and that should have made up for the perceived slight and a whole lot more. This is where his agent let him down - he should have calmed things down instead of fanning the flames for his own personal gain.
Is it too late now??

fgssand said:
Did you miss the lack of respect part of the situation? Maybe he thought he would be a member of the inner circle, only to find out he is not even close. That had to be a slap in face for him and I assure you, he has not really smiled for quite sometime now.
However, I still feel the Patriots showed him the money by offering him a contract (one year early) and that should have made up for the perceived slight and a whole lot more. This is where his agent let him down - he should have calmed things down instead of fanning the flames for his own personal gain.
Is it too late now??
How many players talk about respect?? What they are talking about is money plain and simple. There are always politics in all organizations football or otherwise. It may be true that he feels he is NOT in that "inner circle", but how overblown is that?? Might he just be a player with an over inflated ego who wishes to be coddled?? Seems like he's all about himself and the money..and if he is really like Ty Law, that is fine. I am NOT sure what he is accomplishing by he and his agent's actions. Nothing they have done has helped. If anything, Chuyut has exploited him in taking all the negatives and blown them out of proprtion and have inflated his worth. If he wants out of the team and the MONEY, play this year and go the free agent route ala Givens. But he doesn't want to do that. instead, it's temper tantrum time. Is it too late now?? I think it is..I think it HAS BEEN since there wa sno counter offer from him and Chuyut months ago. I like Branch as a receiver with Brady's passes, but NOT for anything close to what Branch wants and demands. I think Deion will find similar situations in other clubs..sounds like a player who wishes to be treated like royalty. A humble Deion?? Hmmm I wonder.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
How many players talk about respect?? What they are talking about is money plain and simple. There are always politics in all organizations football or otherwise. It may be true that he feels he is NOT in that "inner circle", but how overblown is that?? Might he just be a player with an over inflated ego who wishes to be coddled?? Seems like he's all about himself and the money..and if he is really like Ty Law, that is fine. I am NOT sure what he is accomplishing by he and his agent's actions. Nothing they have done has helped. If anything, Chuyut has exploited him in taking all the negatives and blown them out of proprtion and have inflated his worth. If he wants out of the team and the MONEY, play this year and go the free agent route ala Givens. But he doesn't want to do that. instead, it's temper tantrum time. Is it too late now?? I think it is..I think it HAS BEEN since there wa sno counter offer from him and Chuyut months ago. I like Branch as a receiver with Brady's passes, but NOT for anything close to what Branch wants and demands. I think Deion will find similar situations in other clubs..sounds like a player who wishes to be treated like royalty. A humble Deion?? Hmmm I wonder.

We both agree that while Deion is showing immaturity here in the face of lack of negotiation - it is indeed his agent that is exploiting this situation for his own personal gain. The agent makes less if he takes the extension route and make quite a name for himself should he enable Deion to shoot his way out of Foxboro.

I do feel our FO should have realized Deions feelings with regard to the ad spots, but, how can they if his agent is not talking to them?

Get rid of your agent Deion and you will be able to experience all kinds of love from this organization and it will be measured in dollars.

fgssand said:
We both agree that while Deion is showing immaturity here in the face of lack of negotiation - it is indeed his agent that is exploiting this situation for his own personal gain. The agent makes less if he takes the extension route and make quite a name for himself should he enable Deion to shoot his way out of Foxboro.

I do feel our FO should have realized Deions feelings with regard to the ad spots, but, how can they if his agent is not talking to them?

Get rid of your agent Deion and you will be able to experience all kinds of love from this organization and it will be measured in dollars.
I totally agree and one has to wonder what he is trying to accomplish by his tactics. I do say HIS tactics, because Chuyut is acting for him and in his name. Somehow, Deion is putting all his faith in this agent, who is guiding him in the totally wrong direction. And where is he now?? Out on a limb..and?? Is he better off?? Fans and FO both are down on him and he has lost any leverage and is losing money. Wake up time soon...I hope.

I would love for this entire situation to come to a screeching halt A.S.A.P..

Pats726 said:
I totally agree and one has to wonder what he is trying to accomplish by his tactics. I do say HIS tactics, because Chuyut is acting for him and in his name. Somehow, Deion is putting all his faith in this agent, who is guiding him in the totally wrong direction. And where is he now?? Out on a limb..and?? Is he better off?? Fans and FO both are down on him and he has lost any leverage and is losing money. Wake up time soon...I hope.

It's realy sad at this point. This guy is ruining what could have been a terrific relationship with the area and the fans of New England for years to come. Where are his teamates and friends in all of this?

I also find it odd that I feel sorry for a guy that is soon to be a multi millionaire one way or another. Very weird what emotion and reaction this fanatical interest in these Patriots tends bring out in otherwise "normal" business people and individuals.

There is only ONE reason someone does not even counter an offer that is on the table that is worth MILLIONS of dollars.

That person no longer wishes to be with the organization that made that offer.

To not even negociate is a very loud GO TO HE!!.

There are two reasons someone no longer wants to be with an organization that is offering them MILLIONS of dollars to work for them.

First.... that person has a new deal with some one else already ala Milloy

Second....that person holds a gruge against the organization which money will not cure.

fgssand said:
It's realy sad at this point. This guy is ruining what could have been a terrific relationship with the area and the fans of New England for years to come. Where are his teamates and friends in all of this?

I also find it odd that I feel sorry for a guy that is soon to be a multi millionaire one way or another. Very weird what emotion and reaction this fanatical interest in these Patriots tends bring out in otherwise "normal" business people and individuals.
I concur...I think many fans fee the same way..angry, frustrated and yet sad..I feel sad because he's hurting himself so so much! And he could still have a great relationship with his fans...IF he cares to. Frankly, I am thinking more, he cares less about the fans and more about himself and that his agent has fostered this "ME" attitude even more. As for teammates and friends?? Hard for Brady or anyone else to really get on his case..where is the line there?? I agree someone has to guide him in..but who?? No close friends who are outside the circle of unreality?? AndI think Chuyut is certainly controlling that. Sad..I agree. And weird emotions...and feeling sad for someone who as you said WILL at some point get that pot of gold...and yet I think will one day understand his stupidity..way way in the future...

Since I speculated this in another thread, I will throw it here.

Branch to the Vikings for a first.

Pats send a 4th to the Skins for Patten.

RAWKY said:
First.... that person has a new deal with some one else already ala Milloy

Second....that person holds a gruge against the organization which money will not cure.
Other threads have speculated with the 2nd point....The first point if proved could be a VERY serious blow to the other team. GIVEN how Branch has acted, I think his bevaior points to that possibility om big letters...which is WHY I don't think it is the case. WAY too obvious!! If it DID happen, that team would be reamed by the league.

Pats726 said:
Other threads have speculated with the 2nd point....The first point if proved could be a VERY serious blow to the other team. GIVEN how Branch has acted, I think his bevaior points to that possibility om big letters...which is WHY I don't think it is the case. WAY too obvious!! If it DID happen, that team would be reamed by the league.

It would need to be PROVEN, not easy.

Let's have some purely speculative fun.
Say the Pats know but cannot prove that Chayut does indeed have a deal with another team for Branch. So, their trade by Friday either flushes out that deal but gets them a #1 pick in compensation vs the zip they woulda got, or better yet that team lies low to hide their perfidy so the Pats trade Branch to someone else and spite the tampering team.

End stupid speculation.

PatsWickedPissah said:
It would need to be PROVEN, not easy.

Let's have some purely speculative fun.
Say the Pats know but cannot prove that Chayut does indeed have a deal with another team for Branch. So, their trade by Friday either flushes out that deal but gets them a #1 pick in compensation vs the zip they woulda got, or better yet that team lies low to hide their perfidy so the Pats trade Branch to someone else and spite the tampering team.

End stupid speculation.
Not sure its necessarily stupid..Do you not think tampering goes on?? All Patriot fans remember in 04 how big Ted Washington was going to sign with the Patriots again and at 2 minutes past midnight, he signed with Oakland. Almost impossible to do WITHOUT tampering ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST