Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He will be at practice in a Patriot uniform by the first practice after the final exhibition game, ie the first practice preparing for the opener.
He will play vs Buffalo, but only on a limited basis.

No real evidence to back this up, just my gut feeling based on all of the developments.

Here's my prediction, September first he will continue to be a holdout. Unless the Pats chicken out, I don't see him signing. I just hope that someone who get's cut from comes here, learns the offense, and contributes, cause we need the help. I'd be thrilled if Tampa was stupid enough to cut Maurice Stovall (and then he signs with us), but I don't see it happening. I was hoping we would draft him in the third round, except we picked David Thomas instead.

NEM said:
Why would he play, only, on a limited basis. Makes no sense.
He wont be ready to play a full game, but will be used in situations.

sorry DP......

Last edited:
scott99 said:
Here's my prediction, September first he will continue to be a holdout. Unless the Pats chicken out, I don't see him signing. I just hope that someone who get's cut from comes here, learns the offense, and contributes, cause we need the help. I'd be thrilled if Tampa was stupid enough to cut Maurice Stovall (and then he signs with us), but I don't see it happening. I was hoping we would draft him in the third round, except we picked David Thomas instead.

If you saw the interview with steve burton you see that Branchis ready to end this and kind of wondering what's going on.

I think Chayut has told him the Pats will fold when he threatens to hold out.

When this seek a trade ploy shows the Pats are ready to move on Deion will start asking his agent to settle this or get rid of him.

Does anyone see Deion going through with this hold out business? It's all Chayut and his bluff has been called IMO.

My prediction is if he plays before game 10, he will re-sign long term. If he plays game 10 and after - he's gone after the season. Sorry, hard for me to make a prognosis on the situation in the short run.

The day after the first game BB suspends him for the year.

Chayut is fired before 9/1 and Branch negotiates a new contract with another agent by Labor Day.

richpats said:
Chayut is fired before 9/1 and Branch negotiates a new contract with another agent by Labor Day.

This makes the most sense to me, I find this whole Chayut agent thing out of character for Deion and it seems that he needs to find someone who will represent his personna better.

My prediction remains that Branch reports with only one or two practices before Buffalo and forcing BB into a stiuation where Branch is available but does not play.

He's gone this far - I just think he'll take it up to the brink and make BB be the one to make the call that he does or doesn't play

I might be pessimistic here..but I don't see him signing or reporting without getting some sense..and I just do not think it will happen now. I HOPE I am totally wrong on this as I want to see it resolved and Branch on the Patriot team. I just have a gut feeling this will drag out..Game 10??? I hope all the posters are right and that he is here and with the team for the Buffalo game, but I have a feeling the trench he is in is a lot deeper than we think.
And I HOPE I am totally wrong and will be VERY happy if that is the case.

Pats726 said:
I might be pessimistic here..but I don't see him signing or reporting without getting some sense..and I just do not think it will happen now. I HOPE I am totally wrong on this as I want to see it resolved and Branch on the Patriot team. I just have a gut feeling this will drag out..Game 10??? I hope all the posters are right and that he is here and with the team for the Buffalo game, but I have a feeling the trench he is in is a lot deeper than we think.
And I HOPE I am totally wrong and will be VERY happy if that is the case.

I'm with you 100 percent on this. I have the sinking feeling that things have already gone too far for this holdout to be "mere posturing" prior to start of the regular season. And like you, I hope I am wrong. It's crystal clear that any movement toward resolution must first come from Chayut, who appears insane and has Deion duped. Deion is young and naive and is playing Russian roulette with his career. For me, the point of no return for Deion Branch is 1 p.m., Sept. 10. No way will BB play him if Branch waits 'til week 10. Chayut miscalculated from the very start.

Last edited:
Here's my prediction...wait a second, who were we talking about again?

'She' never plays a another down in a Patriots uniform and earns entrance into the MeShawn/T.O. tumor category.

My prediction is that Branch sits out the first four weeks of the season, then returns and promptly pulls a hammy putting him on the shelf for another six weeks. The hammy miraculously heals in time for him to get credit for playing the last six games thereby earning him a credited year and getting him out of his contract.

MDPATSFAN said:
'She' never plays a another down in a Patriots uniform and earns entrance into the MeShawn/T.O. tumor category.

Thats pretty funny................I hope it doesn't come to that. I always thought Branch was a pretty stand up guy. Not nearly in the category of the chumps you mentioned. But since we have not heard much of a peep from Branch during the hold out, I'm guessing that he is leaving this issue up to his agent who is trying to make a name for himself as a tough guy and he'll take Branch down with him if he has too.

I predict that whether or not Branch ever plays another game for the Patriots, I won't care.

And it hurts me to say that because I've been a huge fan of his since the day he was drafted. His behavior this offseason is a major disappointment.

patman52 said:
The day after the first game BB suspends him for the year.

If I'm not mistaken the new CBA prohibits indefinite or year-long suspensions now (unless it involves a drug or criminal offense). Anyone have the specifics on that?

Last edited:
I predict he shows up at week 10 and is inactive for the rest of the season.

He pouts and whines and when FA market hits, he doesn't even get Givens' level money.

I think Branch is traded to the Vikings for a 2007 first rounder and a 2008 second rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back