PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predicting Inactives for Miami game

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Spikes? Wouldn't he play over Fletcher?
EDIT:Oh nvm guess he's inactive

Last edited:
I just want a better read on the Spikes situation, granted I know we.wont get it. Is he not yet in game condition because of all the practice time missed? Is he still hurt ? Or is he really on BBs doghouse and on his way off the team? If its the third, then this lber core will look pretty sad

Don't know why but I have a lot of confidence in Dane Fletcher.
I know he's not a stud, but he barely does any mistake. I never feel he's one of the weak links on the defense, unlike Guyton.

Bruschi says that Fletcher reminds him of himself

Fletcher and Guyton are better matchups against Bush. When we play power running teams and when Spikes is closer to 100% I expect he'll play. Not in this game when covering the quick RB is more in play.

EDIT:Oh nvm guess he's inactive

Easier to play with a hand injury than an ankle injury.

At this point, people are drawing too much about the Spikes situation. The guy missed most of the preseason and just started practicing again this past week. Guys like Cunningham and Price didn't make the trip after missing similar or less time.

If in two to three weeks, Spikes is inactive or still a back up getting limited reps, then we can talk.

At this point, people are drawing too much about the Spikes situation. The guy missed most of the preseason and just started practicing again this past week. Guys like Cunningham and Price didn't make the trip after missing similar or less time.

If in two to three weeks, Spikes is inactive or still a back up getting limited reps, then we can talk.
Fair enough, put a pin in it for now

I think that Fletcher is ahead of both Guyton and Spikes on depth chart. Whether Guyton and/or Spikes is active will depend on the team we are playing and the game plan. And obviously, the decision also depends on the health of the players.

Sorry I missed this, but......

Did Vareen and Ridley dress for the game ? I got home late from work, around 7:30, and don't know if they dressed. I thought I saw Ridley dressed in sweats congratulate Green-Ellis after his TD run.

Re: Sorry I missed this, but......

I'm not sure if either dressed (I assume they would), but neither played any snaps on offense.

Ridley was active, Vereen was inactive.

Surprised Ridley didn't get some snaps.

Wouldn't have hurt unless he was there as an emergency(playing with an injury)

Last edited:

Extensive use of the no-huddle put a premium on using the guys who can line up at a great many positions, and also to using running backs you can trust to block a pass rusher. Woodhead was lining up everywhere, as were Gronk and Hernandez. Even BJGE's snaps (22) were somewhat limited by his lesser pass-catching ability.

I expect lots of Ridley when he's healed up, shows he can pass protect, and when the game plan doesn't call for 50% no-huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News