PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Kansas City draft talk

Peter King's mock draft. He obviously has connections with teams and agents, so his mock is always interesting...

So, Ned Beatty's stunt double believes NE will use #14 to eventually be a guard?

Peter King's mock draft. He obviously has connections with teams and agents, so his mock is always interesting...

Drafting a guard in the first round? What a Strange idea…

I read that Quentin Johnston wasn't invited to the draft because of concerns he wouldn't go in Round One. ?????

I read that Quentin Johnston wasn't invited to the draft because of concerns he wouldn't go in Round One. ?????
I looked through one of the databasea of mock drafts. I checked the first 5 pages. Everyone had Johnson in the first round, although several did have him at 31.

Exciting? I would use a different description for us Patriots fans. Maybe, "shocking" "disappointing", "frustrating", or if they trade out of the first round, all this plus a big fat nothing-burger.

Anyway, anyone want to do a draft party or meet somewhere?
No offense meant to anyone, but boring is the first word that I think of when I think of the draft. I stopped watching when Fraudger started forcing the players to give him a big hug. If I thought that some player would have the balls to just stick out his hand for a handshake then I'd watch.

No offense meant to anyone, but boring is the first word that I think of when I think of the draft. I stopped watching when Fraudger started forcing the players to give him a big hug. If I thought that some player would have the balls to just stick out his hand for a handshake then I'd watch.
Exciting? Boring?

Some of us think that this has to do with football, NOT whether a player hugs someone or not.

Copied & pasted from another thread but thought it appropriate here, courtesy of PowerRunRevival:

"This isn't free agency but I don't see a draft rumors thread either and this has been mostly an offseason thread overall.

From the Albert Breer article that just came out https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/27/2023-nfl-draft-latest-rumors-notes-first-round
And, to me, what best defines this draft class is what’s happening with the teams between 10 and 14—in order, the Eagles, Titans, Texans, Packers and Patriots. I’m told all five of those teams have been making calls to teams above them about trading up and down. And it’s no coincidence that, in a year when everyone seems to be looking to trade down, it’s the group in that alley of picks that are looking both ways at this intersection of the draft
Then, you consider New England, and if the tackles they like are gone, do they go best player (I’ve heard the Patriots connected to edge defenders Lukas Van Ness and Nolan Smith) at a position that’s not necessarily a need spot? Or trade down?

I really hope the Pats are able to trade up to the 8-12 range or move back to 17-22. Depending on how many QBs are taken the Pats could get the last of the top tier players or be just outside that group."

He's just the type of WR for the Bengals if that's the case move up and take him Great Value close to the Top of the Second. :cool:

He's just the type of WR for the Bengals if that's the case move up and take him Great Value close to the Top of the Second. :cool:

If our LT & CB situations were in better hands, then I wouldn't mind QJ in the first round, but only after a trade-down into the 20s.

Copied & pasted from another thread but thought it appropriate here, courtesy of PowerRunRevival:

"This isn't free agency but I don't see a draft rumors thread either and this has been mostly an offseason thread overall.

From the Albert Breer article that just came out https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/27/2023-nfl-draft-latest-rumors-notes-first-round

I really hope the Pats are able to trade up to the 8-12 range or move back to 17-22. Depending on how many QBs are taken the Pats could get the last of the top tier players or be just outside that group."
Thanks!

I hope that Henry McKenna isn't right because a lack of offers to trade back would be extremely frustrating.

Thanks!

I hope that Henry McKenna isn't right because a lack of offers to trade back would be extremely frustrating.

Absolute BS from McKenna :rolleyes: every Team have the possibility to Trade of Draft night.

I think 14 is too early for Zay, although I would end up coming around a couple minutes after the pick.

Not a fan of Lukas Van Ness. He seems like a long term replacement for Wise a guy who plays end against the rush and kicks inside to tackle in pass sets. Van Ness has no moves other than a bull rush, most of his sacks were on stunts rather than pressure off the edge. Personally I would rather have Nolan Smith who I see as a similar player to Uche except much better in run defense and pass coverage.

I prefer OT or corner to any of the guys listed above though.

I think 14 is too early for Zay, although I would end up coming around a couple minutes after the pick.

Not a fan of Lukas Van Ness. He seems like a long term replacement for Wise a guy who plays end against the rush and kicks inside to tackle in pass sets. Van Ness has no moves other than a bull rush, most of his sacks were on stunts rather than pressure off the edge. Personally I would rather have Nolan Smith who I see as a similar player to Uche except much better in run defense and pass coverage.

I prefer OT or corner to any of the guys listed above though.

Josh Downs is very similar to Zay Flowers you can have him in the late Second or Third.

Word is that Stroud's stock is dropping like a rock because of poor 'cognition' tests. Is this a thing now? What kind of testing is that, this doesn't sound like the normal QB Wonderlic test that we hear about every year.

Could the Patriots obtain pick #2 because the Texans are no longer in love with Stroud as a prospect?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back