PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Kansas City draft talk

This is going to be excessive. And exciting Thursday night.

Except for those Phin fans.

It would be great to have Roland James, our pick at 14 in 1980, be able to announce the pick.

This is the first time that the defending SB champs have hosted the draft since they’ve moved it out of NY

Bb must like kentucky qb’s…Zappe and now this kid

I was in Philadelphia with my then 10 year old kid when the draft was hosted there. We visited the draft site on Saturday and did some of the NFL zone activities while catching a few of the Patriots picks. As we were walking to the event area Ron Jaworski got out of his car directly behind us, and spoke to my daughter for a few minutes as we were walking. Fun time...not a great draft though.

This is going to be excessive. And exciting Thursday night.

Except for those Phin fans.

Exciting? I would use a different description for us Patriots fans. Maybe, "shocking" "disappointing", "frustrating", or if they trade out of the first round, all this plus a big fat nothing-burger.

Anyway, anyone want to do a draft party or meet somewhere?

Peter King's mock draft. He obviously has connections with teams and agents, so his mock is always interesting...

14. NEW ENGLAND: Peter Skoronski, tackle/guard, Northwestern.

Skoronski could be a plug-and-play guard wherever he goes. I considered him for the Eagles, replacing the departed Isaac Seumalo. Skoronski started 33 games at left tackle for Northwestern and was a unanimous first-team all-American. But his arm length is about three inches short for ideal NFL tackle size, so the Patriots could move him inside. If I’m New England, I’m thrilled Skoronski lasted this long, and I grab him to start a decade for the franchise somewhere on the line.

31. KANSAS CITY: O’Cyrus Torrence, guard, Florida.

Andy Reid
always wants to take care of both lines, and with Joe Thuney entering his age-31 season, the best guard in the class makes sense here. If you consider Northwestern’s Peter Skoronski a tackle/guard, that’s what Torrence is: the top guard in this class. At 330 pounds, he’s got the reach and wingspan of a tackle, and just ask Jalen Carter his toughest foe this year. I bet he says Torrence.

If Dane Brugler is right and the Jets have Skoronski listed as a tackle on their board, I would think that's probably his floor.

Bb must like kentucky qb’s…Zappe and now this kid
Just get the impression BB thinks Levis could be there at 14 (despite Vegas betting assumptions) and he wants to know what he’s giving up when he trades down.

Hoping the Pats trade back, not really enamored with anyone at the top end of this draft.

Hoping the Pats trade back, not really enamored with anyone at the top end of this draft.

There's a few guys that, if they fell to 14, I wouldn't want them to pass on. Christian Gonzalez is one, and if 2 out of 3 of the top LT's are gone, I'd rather they take the remaining guy than trade down and take a RT later on. But other than that, I think I'm with you. The value is between 20-50, so the more picks you can gather in that range the better IMO. If they could trade down to 19 or so, still pick up one of the top T's, AND add a 2nd round pick, that would be perfect.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back