PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Kansas City draft talk

REddit rumor...

I give this some credibility because....
My Patriots.....

meet GIF

just informed me NE is sniffing around top tier QBs.
I'll post their ranking later (under the cloak of darkness)

Thanks but that's stuck behind a paywall.

I found another article that's free that talks about it: C.J. Stroud pushes back on cognitive test score reports ahead of NFL draft: 'I play football'

Apparently, being hungry/tired can affect your score, and you can do better in a retest. So how valid is this test compared to one that just tests your physical attributes? I dunno, but processing what happens on the field at rapid speeds, seems relevant for the QB position. Stroud apparently scored a '19' which is horribly bad, 80 and up is the number that talent evaluators are looking for. In comparison Bryce Young scored a 98, Will Levis a 93, and Antony Richardson a 79.

But the S2 test guy said that one of the leaked scores is 'inaccurate' is he talking about Stroud, if not then who? This score getting leaked literally affects a player's draft stock which could cost them millions of dollars due to change in draft position. OOF.
How would it being leaked affect a players draft stock? All the teams have access to the scores, correct?

How would it being leaked affect a players draft stock? All the teams have access to the scores, correct?
The cognition test is new to me, so somebody maybe more knowledgeable on the details could enlighten us. Because from what I'm reading, not all teams subscribe to it, but it seems to have gained increased importance in the QB evaluation process lately, but again I'm not sure what teams are buying these reports or if it has become really widespread now.

The only test I feel pretty sure almost every team has the results is the Wonderlic as that has been around for much longer and is almost like a standardized test by now.

The cognition test is new to me, so somebody maybe more knowledgeable on the details could enlighten us. Because from what I'm reading, not all teams subscribe to it, but it seems to have gained increased importance in the QB evaluation process lately, but again I'm not sure what teams are buying these reports or if it has become really widespread now.

The only test I feel pretty sure almost every team has the results is the Wonderlic as that has been around for much longer and is almost like a standardized test by now.
In actuality I was confusing the new test with the wonderlic test so there you go. So I have no idea what the process is for the new test.

I give this some credibility because....
My Patriots.....

meet GIF

just informed me NE is sniffing around top tier QBs.
I'll post their ranking later (under the cloak of darkness)
Top tier
1A Stroud
1B Levis

2nd tier
2A Richardson
2B Young

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back