PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Kansas City draft talk

Thanks but that's stuck behind a paywall.

I found another article that's free that talks about it: C.J. Stroud pushes back on cognitive test score reports ahead of NFL draft: 'I play football'

Apparently, being hungry/tired can affect your score, and you can do better in a retest. So how valid is this test compared to one that just tests your physical attributes? I dunno, but processing what happens on the field at rapid speeds, seems relevant for the QB position. Stroud apparently scored a '19' which is horribly bad, 80 and up is the number that talent evaluators are looking for. In comparison Bryce Young scored a 98, Will Levis a 93, and Antony Richardson a 79.

But the S2 test guy said that one of the leaked scores is 'inaccurate' is he talking about Stroud, if not then who? This score getting leaked literally affects a player's draft stock which could cost them millions of dollars due to change in draft position. OOF.

Thanks but that's stuck behind a paywall.

I found another article that's free that talks about it: C.J. Stroud pushes back on cognitive test score reports ahead of NFL draft: 'I play football'

Apparently, being hungry/tired can affect your score, and you can do better in a retest. So how valid is this test compared to one that just tests your physical attributes? I dunno, but processing what happens on the field at rapid speeds, seems relevant for the QB position. Stroud apparently scored a '19' which is horribly bad, 80 and up is the number that talent evaluators are looking for. In comparison Bryce Young scored a 98, Will Levis a 93, and Antony Richardson a 79.

But the S2 test guy said that one of the leaked scores is 'inaccurate' is he talking about Stroud, if not then who? This score getting leaked literally affects a player's draft stock which could cost them millions of dollars due to change in draft position. OOF.

Here's a morsel of the article to get a flavor of the test:

Part Six: Tracking capacity​

This test measures a person’s ability to track several specific targets at once while there are distracting elements around. Compare it to driving through a neighborhood with stop signs, kids at play, dogs running around and a ball rolling into the street.

Each trial lasts three to five seconds, or about the length of an NFL play, and the objects move at the same rate as players on the field.

Though the average human can track three to three and a half objects at a time, the S2 pushes the limit to six. Safeties have proven to be tremendous at this test because they’re equipped to monitor the quarterback, a running back coming out of the backfield, slot receivers and tight ends, among other responsibilities.

“Some safeties in the NFL can get all of them right all of the time, which is quite amazing compared to what we see in scientific literature,” Ally said.

Hendan Hooker getting rave reviews by Simms. Would anyone be mad if the Patriots took him with our 2nd rounder?

Hendan Hooker getting rave reviews by Simms. Would anyone be mad if the Patriots took him with our 2nd rounder?

We would be fools not to and if Anthony Richardson is around at @ pick 10 Hmmmmm. Lets not make the same mistake we made with Lamar.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back