PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pot Roast visiting - (UPDATED - He's Reportedly Joining the Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance. Don't know if I would characterize it as a "good" chance.

Rich Tandler added,

W @RLRBJMSU
@Rich_TandlerCSN is there a good chance they resign Knighton

Nothing imminent with Boldin or Knighton and Redskins at this point, I'm told.

I believe @MikeJonesWaPo tweeted this earlier as well but was told the Redskins are "holding tight" on Knighton 4 now

How was he last season? I know in 2013 he singlehandedly knocked us out of the playoffs but I don't recall even hearing his name mentioned over the last 2 seasons.

How was he last season? I know in 2013 he singlehandedly knocked us out of the playoffs but I don't recall even hearing his name mentioned over the last 2 seasons.
The Redskins' run defense was bad when he was on the field and even worse when he wasn't. Given the surrounding cast, it's hard to definitively say much more than that. He didn't singlehandedly fix their run defense, not that anybody could have expected him to.

Interesting, considering his tweet seemed to be a slight shot at the Patriots and their intended use of him

But the new report was he met with the Pats yesterday (confirmed by Rapoport and Curran) and that tweet came Monday.. So it seems like it was about something different. Maybe he read something or was listening to something that mentioned him as being only a rotational player.

Interesting, considering his tweet seemed to be a slight shot at the Patriots and their intended use of him
Definitely wouldn't read anything into that. Aside from the fact that he is a rotation player, it was the media using that word and he would be taking a shot at the reports about him, not "at the Patriots and their intended use". Drawing conclusions from tweets is a very inaccurate thing to do especially tweets from football players.

Definitely wouldn't read anything into that. Aside from the fact that he is a rotation player, it was the media using that word and he would be taking a shot at the reports about him, not "at the Patriots and their intended use". Drawing conclusions from tweets is a very inaccurate thing to do especially tweets from football players.

But drawing conclusions from texts, especially texts from football players' equipment assistants, is still perfectly legitimate..... :rolleyes:

If we sign him, I hope it's for more than 1 year. He'll be 30 in July so he should have 2-3 years left. With one year, he and Branch are both FA after this year. So while he'd be a nice 1 year fix, we'd need DT again in 12 months.

I will not get excited until they say he signs here. No sir.
Yeah, the back and forth w/news & waiting on guys to sign can be exhausting. I think he'd be a nice pick-up for the Pats, hope it works out, but all these guys with their "sources" is a bit much.

There should be a leaderboard of who gets stuff right and wrong, though. Like guys who are accurate are at the top, guys whose sources are always wrong would be like 20 over par, etc.

so they'll be putting Branch in the Hicks role

It's the intangibles.
I guarantee that my man Vince Wilfork would give an excellent reference testimonial regarding the top notch training table food served by Kraft's football organization.
Give him Wilfie's cell #, Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back