PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Thoughts on Rodgers Joining the Jets: Patriots Fans Shouldn’t Be Too Worried

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Five Thoughts on Rodgers Joining the Jets: Patriots Fans Shouldn’t Be Too Worried
Ian Logue
Monday brought some euphoria to New York Jets fans as the trade for Aaron Rodgers was finally completed, ending Rodgers's tenure in Green Bay as he moves on for "greener" pastures.

The post Five Thoughts on Rodgers Joining the Jets: Patriots Fans Shouldn’t Be Too Worried appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

The Jets got fleeced in this deal
If I'm a Jets then I don't have a problem with the compensation.

One thing you can’t call Rodgers is “mentally tough,” which is what it’s going to take to survive in the New York market. His biggest issue is that he comes off as someone who believes he’s the smartest guy in the room, which is going to get under the skin of reporters, who will likely hit him with some difficult questions he isn’t going to like.
The media loves Rodgers and he's going to love all of the attention he gets in NY.

But of all people to “mentor” Wilson, Rodgers couldn’t be a worse option.
This doesn't matter because Zach Wilson is never going to be an NFL starter again. He's hopelessly bad. And his attitude already sucks.

The difference is that Rodgers is much smarter and more accurate, with Rodgers also showing more discipline and vision when it comes to seeing exactly when his guy comes free and squeezing the ball in there.
Exactly. And Wilson possesses none of those attributes. Just look at what you wrote there, an exceptional QB replacing a really bad one, and consider how "Patriots fans should be very worried."

But against Rodgers, Belichick has handled him just fine.
You need to get in BB's ear then because even he thinks Rodgers is "too smart, too accurate, too good."

I don't care about Rogers. I just care that we have a competent QB whomever that might be.

Great piece, @Ian,
Not much to add to that, especially on BB's ability to scheme against any opponent. I think Rodgers' will be fine with the NY media at the beginning, BUT that all changes if the Jests aren't where their fans and tabloids think they should be at Thanksgiving.

Finally, am I the only one who has been certain all along that Rodgers would force this deal, not just for the $60 million but because he doesn't want to share his Canton Induction Day with the GOAT by retiring in the same year? Except for the Haters, he knows that that day will be all about TB12.

Going to disagree with you here, Ian. I think the Jets did something they NEEDED to do, full stop. Rodgers puts them in the mix with a young and talented team (loaded with high, and good, draft picks). Their culture is loser - they need to change that now. The only shot they had was getting a super-talented QB. Rodgers is everything you say in the negative, but he can make the throws.
The Jets had little shot otherwise - were they to sit back in the middle and let their good rookie deals expire while Buffalo and Miami held the reins on the AFCEast, or New England emerged?

They had to try to break the cycle. I think they did the right thing for their organization. Not sure how many dividends it will pay - I doubt strongly a SB appearance - but what else was there for them.

What this trade does is solidify, for me, the idea that the Pats are truly a couple of years away from competing. Will the fan base be patient enough to see the rebuild through (which will include letting the Bills mature and crack)? When I left this site last fall, I saw the downward spiral. Look at the (lack of traffic) here now with the Pats picking in the top half of round 1 tomorrow night!

Honestly, I'm surprised the Pats didn't make a move similar, maybe with Lamar Jackson (which would have been the better course for the Jets, long term, I think).

Bill Parcells coming to the Patriots as head coach brought a lot to the table—excitement and legitimacy. I would argue an analogous situation now exists with the Jets. Rodgers will win games with his arm and decision-making, even if he’s on the tail end of his career.

Jets will make the playoffs and Rodgers will implode in a home playoff game as usual.

I mean .... Jete fans are zombies looking for some flesh ...
I think they got boned on this one ... how many jersey's will be burned ...

iu

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back