PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Another move that was pretty surprising was Buffalo’s decision to make a deal with the Chiefs to trade out of the #28 overall pick, allowing Kansas City to grab Texas wideout Xavier Worthy.
The move essentially allowed the Chiefs to strengthen its offense, leaving Buffalo still trying to replace Stefon Diggs, who the club traded away this offseason.
Then, to make matters worse, the club made another deal with the Panthers to trade out of round one, moving the pick they acquired from Kansas City. The Panthers then went on to grab South Carolina’s Xavier Legette.

Obviously the most focus was on Atlanta drafting a QB after signing Cousins to a 4-year, $180 million contract with $100 million guaranteed.

But Cousins will be 36 before the season begins, and is coming off a serious injury - so one can make a valid argument for Penix.

To me the Bills trading down twice was a real head scratcher though. They need a WR, and as a result of the trades passed on three of them. And to trade with KC of all teams - making your biggest competition stronger? I just don't get it at all.

Seems like the Bills are still getting their guy with Mitchell at #33 per reports. And in the process they moved up the board quite a bit (from #133 to #95, #200 to #141, and #248 to #221).

I get the "making the enemy stronger" angle, but sometimes you have to just make moves for yourself.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back