PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POST Game Thread: It was the Best of Times, It was the Worst of Times Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean J. Trusnik. The guy who knocked the Brady pass out of mid air and intercepted it in the 1st quarter?
That's true, but I'm not sure what that has to do with his spot on the depthchart. They were weak in the middle coming into the game.

Six carries when it counts where he had half his yards on one carry. Brady has 6.0 YPC. Maybe we should start him at RB because he is the best RB on the team.

I am not going to argue this anymore. Gray had six carries when it mattered and against the starting defense. He had two or three good runs and a good pitch and catch. People are making it out to be he is Corey Dillon in his prime. I am not going to rehash this. None of the RB were huge impacts in this game. Each had a few good plays and that is about it.

Nah he had what he had. Stop trying to belittle the guy, it's weird. Your defending of the ****ty 3rd down back draws on 1st and 10 is pretty silly.

Nobody is making it anything but exactly, what it is. He's the best early down back on the team. If the Riddler was healthy he wouldn't be. But Vereen getting reps early in the possession is what it is.

You mean J. Trusnik. The guy who knocked the Brady pass out of mid air and intercepted it in the 1st quarter?

he is a back up. But he is just one a bunch of back ups unless they benched Cameron Wake for Shelby because Shelby is better. The back ups were in the final drive. I don't know how anyone can argue that. And even if they weren't, the game was over at that point and they were just running down the clock with the Dolphins having no hope of winning.

This is silly to argue otherwise.

he is a back up. But he is just one a bunch of back ups unless they benched Cameron Wake for Shelby because Shelby is better. The back ups were in the final drive. I don't know how anyone can argue that. And even if they weren't, the game was over at that point and they were just running down the clock with the Dolphins having no hope of winning.

This is silly to argue otherwise.

He was a backup when Vereen and Blount were struggling in the 1st half too.

Nah he had what he had. Stop trying to belittle the guy, it's weird. Your defending of the ****ty 3rd down back draws on 1st and 10 is pretty silly.

Nobody is making it anything but exactly, what it is. He's the best early down back on the team. If the Riddler was healthy he wouldn't be. But Vereen getting reps early in the possession is what it is.

I wasn't defending running draws. I was defending that Vereen is a proven offensive weapon. I am not going over this again.

The Pats didn't have a good running game today no matter was in. Each RB flashed in their own way (Vereen in the receiving game, Blount on a few runs, and Gray on a few runs), but no one did much of anything. The most yards any RB had when it mattered was 31 yards. And we continue to argue this as if any of them ran for 100 yards.

Six carries when it counts where he had half his yards on one carry. Brady has 6.0 YPC. Maybe we should start him at RB because he is the best RB on the team.

I am not going to argue this anymore. Gray had six carries when it mattered and against the starting defense. He had two or three good runs and a good pitch and catch. People are making it out to be he is Corey Dillon in his prime. I am not going to rehash this. None of the RB were huge impacts in this game. Each had a few good plays and that is about it.

And in those six carries, he showed more than Blount has in weeks.

There is no logical case for playing Blount over Gray, just some stammering and obfuscating and cliches like, "tried and true" or whatever.

I wasn't defending running draws. I was defending that Vereen is a proven offensive weapon. I am not going over this again.

The Pats didn't have a good running game today no matter was in. Each RB flashed in their own way, but no one did much of anything. The most yards any RB had when it mattered was 31 yards. And we continue to argue this as if any of them ran for 100 yards.

"Each RB flashed in their own way, but no one did much of anything.

Really? How did Blount and Vereen "flash" today?

Did they wear a raincoat?

I like all 3 RB's. And there is no good reason to keep Gray in Siberia. The change in tone from the 1st half to the 2nd half proved that.

Evidently, you agreed with keeping him off the field in the 1st half. That is your prerogative.

"Each RB flashed in their own way, but no one did much of anything.

Really? How did Blount and Vereen "flash"?

Blount on the TD run. Vereen in the passing game with a 12 yard catch.

Yup. Only Josh McDaniels thinks Blount gives NE a better chance of moving the ball.
Or coming out in shotgun against a garbage run defense.

But hey, they were moving at will on that first drive, right Rob?

The Pats didn't have a good running game today no matter was in. Each RB flashed in their own way (Vereen in the receiving game, Blount on a few runs, and Gray on a few runs), but no one did much of anything. The most yards any RB had when it mattered was 31 yards. And we continue to argue this as if any of them ran for 100 yards.

Huh? This is a blatant misrepresentation of what happened. Vereen and Blount looked terrible, Gray looked very good.

I am not going to count the garbage time runs against backup. It was 6 for 31 when it mattered. He was good on some runs and bad on others. I don't give a crap about what he did when they were doing mop up duty.

The RBs for the most part were non-factors. That includes Vereen, Blount, and Gray.
Six for 31 is still 5 ypc...

Better than Cordarelle Patterson. Are you sure?

"
Vikings wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson saw his impact on the offense slip gradually throughout the season until the last two weeks when he’s gone off the radar completely.

Patterson has played just four offensive snaps in the last two games, leaving him with the desire to check in with coach Mike Zimmer about his place on the team. On Thursday, Patterson said that they had a meeting and that he was left feeling better about things without divulging what the two of them talked about."

Yeah, Ausbacker is sure. Just about everybody who wears red,white and blue is. You see ,it goes like this, WE will take the player who's making impact plays all over the field on defense, playing all three downs and being talked up league wide for the Pro Bowl. YOU can have the malcontent that has steadily diminished to almost absolute obscurity the past four weeks. I believe WE are sure of that.

And in those six carries, he showed more than Blount has in weeks.

There is no logical case for playing Blount over Gray, just some stammer and obfuscating and cliches like, "tried and true" or whatever.

Blount was inconsitent last week, but he did have 23 yard run last week.

Blount was inconsitent last week, but he did have 23 yard run last week.

Yes, I know. And the TD this week. And he still looks like the clearly worse runner.

5 YPC. Meh point is still valid. The Vereen draws were trash.
This has horse has been beaten to death on the board. That said, designed edge runs with him work. Take a look at his touchdown.

The Pats didn't have a good running game today no matter was in. Each RB flashed in their own way, but no one did much of anything. The most yards any RB had when it mattered was 31 yards. And we continue to argue this as if any of them ran for 100 yards.

I agree it was a below average running day overall. What lead to that we disagree on, The Dolphins certainly are not a good run defense.

1)Vereen has NEVER flashed as an early down back, certainly didn't occur today.

2) 100 yards is an arbitrary number without context. Gray played for less than a quarter before becoming our leading rusher today. Context.

3) you were pimping Vereen pretty hard in the game thread as if he did a damn thing on any down not named 3rd.

This has horse has been beaten to death on the board. That said, designed edge runs with him work. Take a look at his touchdown.

I agree and if you look at the thread I approved of that call. As it was 3rd down. A usual passing down.

The play where Amendola was in punt coverage/blocking and caught the short punt and returned it for 13 yards to setup the 4 play TD drive in the third quarter was one of the most heady plays I have seen over the years.

Blount on the TD run. Vereen in the passing game with a 12 yard catch.
The Blount td was a product of following his fullback who blew the edge open for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST