PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your team draft game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote no trades. Earlier in the thread most people agreed... no trades.

Not sure on how many posts you have to have but you're right his PM feature is not working right now.

You can turn PM's on and off. Go to User CP, then click Edit Options, scroll down a check "Enable Private Messaging."

I vote no trades. Earlier in the thread most people agreed... no trades.

Ok, so no trades at all? I'll have to go back and look.
I trust Seymour93, so if most already said no trades period, than no trades period.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't remember you guys already voting on that. I think this thread already had like 8-9 pages before I got interested, lol!

Last edited:
You can turn PM's on and off. Go to User CP, then click Edit Options, scroll down a check "Enable Private Messaging."

thanks. try it now

Ok, so no trades at all? I'll have to go back and look.
I trust Seymour93, so if most already said no trades period, than no trades period.

Sorry for the confussion, I didn't remember you guys already voting on that. I think this thread already had like 8-9 pages before I got interested, lol!

We didn't vote. It was only a few people commenting. If more people want trades now then I'm fine with it. But by the looks of things, the past two pages or so show that the idea isn't really gaining any steam.

My Team is the Chiefs :(
I vote no trading.

Last edited:
I would say no player trades and no future trades. Due to what if? What if we all got really ambitous and this carried over and was an annual event with our teams being "our teams". It would get all confusing as we model our yearly draft with that of the "real" draft.

I have no problem with using the draft value chart if we all decied to, and would recommend using PatChick's, we should support our own and recognize her labors.

I also see that I have two unread PM. Thanks for the assists. I go check them out.

ice

Last edited:
Going back and looking it seems 5 GM's aren't interested in trades being allowed:

1seymour93, ayjackson, seneschals, broadwayjoe, tampabaypats12

3 GM's have shown interest in picks only trades:
1chuckypony, mavfan2390, ice

0 GM's have expressly voiced interest in allowing player trades.

Saints here:

Trade/No trade: I vote no trades.

It depends on if people are trying simulate the real draft or trying to just run with a starting point.

My opinion is that trading picks/players etc. will just get unwieldy and convoluted. Then, are they reasonable and by what standards? Also, how do we handle a 6th round worth if the draft is only 4 rounds, etc..

If we do trade:

A) Use Patchick's draft chart.

The values of picks have presumably changed. Patchick is a well respected mind and I imagine her revisions, or simply her calculations, are at least as good as anyone else's and, most likely, better.

B) Trades should be subject to some scale for fairness. It may be loose, such as the points must be within 20% of each other, etc.

C) Trades should be limited to picks and within this draft only.

Packers:

i clicked on patchick's chart and page said 404 not found

if someone's willing to trade me their top 15 pick for my 2nd/3rd/4th round picks then pm me, i believe my 2nd- is 15th, 3rd- 14th, 4th-13th in the round

if not, i vote no trades...makes things less confusing

Last edited:
The Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland here:

Vote No trades

I'm fine with no trades. Will probably speed things up that way too. Otherwise you'd have GM's waiting till the last minute hoping to get a trade down in this year's weak draft.

Yep, I'll vote for no trades as well, for the same reasons as above.

No trades. The whole thing's quite complicated enough for me already. I only have a small brain and it's nearly full anyway.

No trades for me too.

Last edited:
I guess I am the only on that thinks Trading would be fun.

Repin' the Jags I vote no trade also.

I vote for trading current picks, future picks, players, past picks, players' offspring, future considerations, Enron stock, and early 80s baseball cards. Why not?

I vote for trading current picks, future picks, players, past picks, players' offspring, future considerations, Enron stock, and early 80s baseball cards. Why not?

So is that a yes on trading? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents