PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick your team draft game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any words on if Trades are going to be allowed. If they are my suggestion is this Who ever is involved in the trade need to PM each other and the team that is moving up in the draft pms the terms of the trade and the pick before that picks deadline. example if I wanted to trade for the number 2 pick i'd need approval and the the pick in by 2pm on the 7th

IF Trades Are Allowed (NOT YET DETERMINED)

Teams interested in trading can discuss those trades in the "Trades Discussion" thread, or via PM. If an agreement is reached both sides will have to send me a PM, so I know both sides actually agree. I will then post the Trade in the main mock thread. When you aquire someones pick, you also aquire their deadline.

I'm putting this up to vote: From now until friday at 12Noon I want GM's voting on the subject.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should we use a trade value chart? If so which one?

1. TheRedZone.com: http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft...valuechart.asp

2. Patchick's: http://patsfans.com/new-england-patr...ad.php?t=53111

3. No Value Chart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If we use either of the above value chart's, should trades with a certain points difference be rejected?
Yes No
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If yes what should the points difference be?

Last edited:
Patchick's Value board? and will we allow futures as well (at half value to this years)

Teams interested in trading can discuss those trades in the "Trades Discussion" thread, or via PM. If an agreement is reached both sides will have to send me a PM, so I know both sides actually agree. I will then post the Trade in in the main mock thread. When you aquire someones pick, you also aquire their deadline.

I'm just trying to figure out if I will be using Patschick's value chart, or the old one.....

I'm putting this up to vote: From now until friday at 12Noon I want people to be voting on which value chart we should use.

This one: http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft/draftvaluechart.asp

Or Patchick's: http://patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=53111

Why be tied to a trade chart at all? Everybody here is a competent part right? GMs can use whichever chart they like, or one they made up, or none at all.

Why be tied to a trade chart at all? Everybody here is a competent part right? GMs can use whichever chart they like, or one they made up, or none at all.

I'm just trying to figure out something that would be fair. I'll add that to the vote. Should we even use a trade value chart? is there any points difference that should be used to reject trades, or should all trades be accepted?

Last edited:
I'm just trying to figure out something that would be fair. I'll add that to the vote. Should we even use a trade value chart? is there any points difference that should be used to reject trades, or should all trades be eccepted?

And can we trade picks for players?

GM's Vote from now until April, 6th - 12Noon

Should we use a trade value chart? If so which one?

1. TheRedZone.com: http://www.theredzone.org/2005/draft...valuechart.asp

2. Patchick's: http://patsfans.com/new-england-patr...ad.php?t=53111

3. No Value Chart.

* 4. No Trades Allowed Period
If we use either of the above value chart's, should trades with a certain points difference be rejected?
Yes No
If yes what should the points difference be?

* Added the additional option of "No Trades Period" Thanks for your patients

Last edited:
And can we trade picks for players?

That seems harder to allow because then we'd have people argueing about that player being worth that high of a pick, or he's worth more than that.

We can put that up to vote if it's something you want?

Last edited:
We're opening a whole new can of worms with these trade scenarios. I think using a chart(either one is fine with me) is important for reference, but as long as both parties agree to it & it's within a few 100 points that's fine.

will we allow futures as well (at half value to this years)

i dont think we should, but if we did why would they be half the value to this year's?

We're opening a whole new can of worms with these trade scenarios. I think using a chart(either one is fine with me) is important for reference, but as long as both parties agree to it & it's within a few 100 points that's fine.

i dont think we should, but if we did why would they be half the value to this year's?

I was hoping we were just going to be trading current picks, and not allowing any player trades.....do people agree with this or should both be allowed?

I ask because those trades can be a lot more subjective.

Last edited:
I propose no player trades and no future picks trades.

Only current picks with no value chart because let's face it, if a certain players fall to let's say 24 and the Pats have no need for him but another team does, then they won't be taking into account a draft value chart I can guarantee that. Use your own judgement when it comes to trades, but I propose that if 10 gm's veto any single trade, then the trade should be shot down.

Ill take the Titans if theyre still available

I was hoping we were just going to be trading current picks, and not allowing any player trades.....do people agree with this or should both be allowed?

I ask because those trades can be a lot more subjective.

I agree because realistically player trades are so rare in the NFL anyway & it's only going to complicate things. Future picks is a bad idea as well. I mean are we going to look back at this next year & say "well Tampa traded their #1 pick in last year's mock"? :confused:

I agree because realistically player trades are so rare in the NFL anyway & it's only going to complicate things. Future picks is a bad idea as well. I mean are we going to look back at this next year & say "well Tampa traded their #1 pick in last year's mock"? :confused:

Yea, that's what I'm thinking future trades, and player trades are to subjective.

I'd like to hear more opinions on the subject.

I propose no player trades and no future picks trades.

Only current picks with no value chart because let's face it, if a certain players fall to let's say 24 and the Pats have no need for him but another team does, then they won't be taking into account a draft value chart I can guarantee that. Use your own judgement when it comes to trades, but I propose that if 10 gm's veto any single trade, then the trade should be shot down.

That's a good idea. I could put the trade up to vote in the "trades Discussion" thread. This would make trading fair, and would make the "trades Discussion" thread more important.

Ill take the Titans if theyre still available

You got them

* Patskers is now the GM of the Tennessee Titans

* There are 3 teams currently without GM's
The Seahawks, Rams, Eagles
* The Deadline for signing up as a GM is Friday April 6th at 12noon

Last edited:
would someone explain to me how to pm

Just wanted to say I'm not interested in trades this year I will stick with my picks as is.

would someone explain to me how to pm

If you click on my name the private message feature should come up and then you could send me a private message but right now looks like yours is not available but you can try to send me one if you like. I hope this helps.

If you click on my name the private message feature should come up and then you could send me a private message but right now looks like yours is not available but you can try to send me one if you like. I hope this helps.

Do you have to have over 100 post? Or is his PM just not working for some reason? I tried sending him a PM but the list that pops up when your click his username doesn't say "send a private massage to ice"

Last edited:
Do you have to have over 100 post? Or is his PM just not working for some reason? I tried sending him a PM but the list that pops up when your click his username doesn't say "send a private massage to ice"

Not sure on how many posts you have to have but you're right his PM feature is not working right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots