PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King with a Juicy BB-Tebow Tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"......That'll be a great and compelling game Sunday, New England at Denver. The Patriots' secondary is in terrible shape. But Bill Belichick had a thing for Tebow before the 2010 draft. I'm told he was fascinated by him. They went out to a long dinner in Boston's North End, and that's not something Bill Belichick does with prospects very often. Fun to see Belichick match wits with Tebow in Denver -- I hope for the first of many meetings....."

Read more: Marion Barber's mistakes, Matt Prater's*OT field goal lead to Broncos comeback - Peter King - SI.com

Last edited:
I for one am glad to see that Tebow resisted the blandishments from the true Prince of Darkness.

I for one am glad to see that Tebow resisted the blandishments from the true Prince of Darkness.

Ha Ha - how do you know that he resisted? Maybe the Emperor was just grooming him for the right moment ala Anakin Skywalker.....

;)

Maybe when Denver's defense stops holding opponents to under 17 points every week, and people realize that Tim Tebow will never be a successful NFL quarterback he can come here to play FB for us.

Maybe when Denver's defense stops holding opponents to under 17 points every week, and people realize that Tim Tebow will never be a successful NFL quarterback he can come here to play FB for us.

Same team went 1-4 without him. 7-1 with him. Last place, first place.

I'd like to see Heath Evans do that.

Interesting tidbit????????? The world new of this dinner .....and Belichick was doing his boy Urban Meyer a huge favor by showcasing someTebow/ Belichick love. Tebow was dropping like a rock and BB stepped in to offer a little legitimacy. Then BB passed on Tebow and traded down. Peter King will now attach himself to Tebow, filling the Favre vacuum.
In essence, King is attaching himself to Tebow to boost his readership........
Tebow is to Belichick as King is to Tebow

Can he play safety?

Seriously, BB. grab a couple guys from out of the stands and have them gain confidence catching Tebow's fluffernutters and we'll have our new safeties.

I'm usually of the "are what you are" school, but when you go 3-16 in the first half every week, comeback is the only possibility. I will be pissed if we let this guy off the hook.

Last edited:
Can he play safety?

Seriously, BB. grab a couple guys from out of the stands and have them gain confidence catching Tebow's fluffernutters and we'll have our new safeties.

I'm usually of the "are what you are" school, but when you go 3-16 in the first half every week, comeback is the only possibility. I will be pissed if we let this guy off the hook.

and I for one will be Wicked Pissed!

Rooting for the Dark Side Sunday!

Read this article to get an idea of what kind of young man Tebow is. Get past the religious thing and judge the guy on the positive impact he has on most everything he's involved in. He's a good guy.
Tim Tebow: God's Quarterback - WSJ.com

"......That'll be a great and compelling game Sunday, New England at Denver.The Patriots' secondary is in terrible shape. But Bill Belichick had a thing for Tebow beforethe 2010 draft. I'm told he was fascinated by him.They went out to a long dinner in Boston's North End, and that's not something Bill Belichick does with prospects very often. Fun to see Belichick match wits with Tebow in Denver -- I hope forthe first of many meetings....." Read more: Marion Barber's mistakes, Matt Prater's*OT field goal lead to Broncos comeback - Peter King - SI.com

Oddly that hat is John Elways recurring nightmare...

Sorry but I would take a banged up Orton over a healthy Tebow, Orton is so much better. Winning is a team thing, the Broncos with that momentum and achieving defense lately could win 7/8 with Orton, even easier as they would have a complete game offensively to go with the defense.

Like when people said Cassel went 11-5 and then Brady came back and went 10-6, ignoring the other factors that led to that.

Last edited:
and I for one will be Wicked Pissed!

Rooting for the Dark Side Sunday!

Get a fcking baseball glove idigbo, they're just pop flies.

I hate to be negative (I really do) but I want to see actual NFL play at safety pretty soon.

I don't know, maybe Slater's the answer...

AC-Slater.jpg

Is he available?

Last edited:
Kyle Orton is a better passer. Tim Tebow is a better quarterback.

Contrary to popular belief, there's more to being a QB than just throwing the ball. You're the face of the franchise and the rallying point of the team and the fans. Like it or not, you're by far the most important player on the team and thus you're supposed to be the leader and inspire the team.

Kyle Orton was none of that. When the Broncos were down with him at QB, they'd just give up. But things are clearly different with Tebow. It's not just "the defense is playing better" because that never happened with Orton. But with Tebow, a defensive player sees his QB out there, the guy that's supposed to be the "pretty boy," taking on linebackers and defensive linemen and fighting to gain an extra yard, that's going to pump him up, and that's exactly what's happening with Tebow right now. If Orton remained the starter, the Broncos would have at most 4 wins.

Typical Peter King "tidbit". Just gossip he purloined from some article or one of the figures he kisses up to in the league. Curran reported this two years ago.

Last edited:

Perhaps you missed the Raiders and Vikings games...

As for the "never" comment, Tebow's already proven that to be nonsense. Regardless of what he does in the future, he's 7-1 this season, and 8-3 in the first 11 starts of his career, on a team that's 4-14 with anyone else as the starter since his arrival in Denver.

I doubt we would have taken Tebow in the 1st two rounds but I could have seen Bill take Tebow in the 3rd round if he was available.

Care to point out how many points the Broncos D gave up on those 7 wins, as opposed to the first four losses? I'll wait.

It baffles me that a quarterback can have his team go scoreless for 3 and a half quarters, then put up a TD and need his kicker to convert on two 50+ yard field goals, aside from needing the opposing RB to run out of bound with the game pretty much over, and still he gets the credit for the win. It's just laughable.

This just in: TJ Yates led a much more impressive come from behind win yesterday, and he is a rookie QB. I wonder why ESPN isn't talking about him all day instead. Oh, and he threw the winning TD pass with 02 seconds on the clock to win the ballgame, no "get-them-to-the-41-yard-line-and-hope-the-kicker-boots-it-from-59-yards-out" kind of drive here.

Hell, even Jake Locker's performance yesterday impressed me far more than Tebow's.

Care to point out how many points the Broncos D gave up on those 7 wins, as opposed to the first four losses? I'll wait.

It baffles me that a quarterback can have his team go scoreless for 3 and a half quarters, then put up a TD and need his kicker to convert on two 50+ yard field goals, aside from needing the opposing RB to run out of bound with the game pretty much over, and still he gets the credit for the win. It's just laughable.

This just in: TJ Yates led a much more impressive come from behind win yesterday, and he is a rookie QB. I wonder why ESPN isn't talking about him all day instead. Oh, and he threw the winning TD pass with 02 seconds on the clock to win the ballgame, no "get-them-to-the-41-yard-line-and-hope-the-kicker-boots-it-from-59-yards-out" kind of drive here.

Hell, even Jake Locker's performance yesterday impressed me far more than Tebow's.

Yes, if you just ignore the impact that Tebow has had on the team, you can ignore the impact that Tebow has had on the team.

Funny how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back