PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on BB & Greg Schiano

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I believe Belichick has said that one coach he thought would make a good NFL coach is Mr. Schiano. . . .

7. Bill Belichick is showing Greg Schiano the ropes. Mentor and mentee were together a lot in Palm Beach. "He knows every player in the National Football League,'' said Schiano, the new Tampa Bay coach. "When you're a young coach you go to clinics with a pad full of notes. As you get on in coaching, you know who you are and what you believe in, so maybe you'll go someplace and come away with a note or two. He's the one guy still when I sit with him, I still have two pages of notes. That shows you how bright he is. He's treated me very well.''

I wondered the other day, when Belichick retires, if Schiano is the kind of guy he'd recommend to be his successor as Patriots coach. You never know what the future could bring.

Read more: Saints bounty penalties and prep work for NFL draft dominating NFL headlines - Peter King - SI.com

New Poll: Belichick vs. a hurricane, but the hurricane's name.... is Belichick!

I would rip my hair out if the Patriots ever hired Schiano.

I got to watch his act up close and personal for years. I worse gameday coach I can't even imagine. His teams often show up unprepared and then he makes boneheaded blunders on calls.

Good guy, great recruiter. A disaster as a head coach.

I simply wonder what university is going to hire hm after his two year stint in Tampa.

How did this guy get a NFL head coaching job from previously coaching Rutgers? That seems like a huge leap. There are probably a lot of quality NFL coordinators on good NFL teams that could have been more qualified.

It would be impossible for me to care less about what Peter the Queen of All (football) Media
has to say or write about the NEP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back