PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King needs glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, imagine if that was Brett Farve's knee Suggs dove at. Suggs would have been banned from NFL and charged with attempted murder in the first degree.
Wrong. He'd have been subjected to the ultimate sanction on the spot - death.

Doesn't Peter King live in Boston?
I somehow think that he feels the need to pile on when it comes to us.

OMG I said I was not going to comment any more on this subject but ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He likes to "pile on the Pats??"

King is the biggest Pats homer alive. Everyone from Boston to LA knows that.

Unreal.....just unreal.

That comment made me LOL like nothing I have read in quite a while, thanks for the laugh.

While I thought the call was correct, it is so difficult to hit quarterbacks "correctly" now.

I think the Patriots had just as much (if not more) right to argue about in the case of Mike Wright's "blow to the head" of Joe Flacco.

Coach Belichick was talking about the issue of hitting the QB and in the grasp on his Monday WEEI appearance a couple weeks ago. He kept mentioning the helmet catch play (he called it the "Manning Play") in the Super Bowl where he felt it could have been called in the grasp. His point was it is hard to get the QB down if they don't call in the grasp and they penalize so many hard hits. This was in response to the Adalius roughing penalty a couple weeks ago.

If only the refs would have called one of the numerous infractions the Giants O line committed on that play, it wouldn't have mattered.

If it were Vince Wilfork diving at Joe Flacco's knees pretty much everyone would be torching the Patriots as "dirty MFers". With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing someone take a hard shot at Peyton. Payback is a ***** with a capital B.

OMG I said I was not going to comment any more on this subject but ARE YOU SERIOUS??? He likes to "pile on the Pats??"

King is the biggest Pats homer alive. Everyone from Boston to LA knows that.

Unreal.....just unreal.

That comment made me LOL like nothing I have read in quite a while, thanks for the laugh.

He was definitely a homer until Spygate, where he became one of the worst of the worst. Since then, he vacillates back and forth depending upon the national sports zeitgeist.

I blame the refs.

They said that on ESPN tonight too. I re-watched it several times and although Neal's arm did extend it looked like it was all Suggs' momentum - and the reason he only brushed Brady is because Tommy got out of the way; Suggs was aiming dead center for the knee.

It extended because he was trying to HOLD Suggs. If he had been successful, this would be a moot point and the Pats would have been assessed a five yard holding penalty. These guys are just such blind Pats haters that they'll say or do anything to make the Pats look like the bad guys.

King has been an assclown since at least '07 when the spy gate story broke. What i found worse was Borges on Sports late night, besides saying the Suggs penalty wasn't justified, he said Brady should be ashamed for turning to the ref. and asking for a flag on such a ticky tack thing.

Rodney provided more fuel for this fire with his skirt remark. I know he was kidding, but that remark was just stupid, especially coming from someone whose season was ended by a hit to the knee.

They said that on ESPN tonight too. I re-watched it several times and although Neal's arm did extend it looked like it was all Suggs' momentum - and the reason he only brushed Brady is because Tommy got out of the way; Suggs was aiming dead center for the knee.

Not to get too nit-picky, I believe it was Koppen that was trying to block Suggs.
After watchining replay many times there's no way that Koppen blocked him into Brady. Suggs was balanced, and in control after going by Koppen, and IMO chose to go down at Brady's legs. Correct call.

Rodney provided more fuel for this fire with his skirt remark. I know he was kidding, but that remark was just stupid, especially coming from someone whose season was ended by a hit to the knee.

************... :rolleyes:

I think the Patriots had just as much (if not more) right to argue about in the case of Mike Wright's "blow to the head" of Joe Flacco.

No, the rule is pretty clear on that. you touch the helmet, penalty.

No, the rule is pretty clear on that. you touch the helmet, penalty.

And thats the point in its entirety. If you don't like the call, do not blame the refs. They called it correctly according to the rulebook that they must follow. If you have a problem, bring it up with the competition committee and get it changed. Polians been doing it for years!! :singing:

I think it's clear from the video that Suggs was rearing back to lay wood on Brady, but when he saw that Marsha had released the ball, Terrell pulled back the horses, which, along with being pushed in the back, resulted in Suggs falling forward.

You're delusional if you think that Suggs was trying to smash Brady's knee and sideline him for a second straight season as if no one would notice that it was him.

Last edited:
I have never been a huge fan of King. For the longest time, he was a Patriots homer and I found it quite boring. Almost as boring as his school girl crush on Brett Favre. Eventhough he is more critical of the Pats, I still find him boring. I basically scan his articles for anything remotely interesting, but I can't read his ramblings all the weay through. I guess I don't need to know about his daughter's field hockey team or the latest from Starbucks. But maybe that is just me.

Oh, I am sorry Rob. What did you say? I couldn't help but just quickly scan your post and notice the words Daughters, Hockey and Starbucks. Maybe I should go back and give it a more thorough read.

I think it's clear from the video that Suggs was rearing back to lay wood on Brady, but when he saw that Marsha had released the ball, Terrell pulled back the horses, which, along with being pushed in the back, resulted in Suggs falling forward.

You're delusional if you think that Suggs was trying to smash Brady's knee and sideline him for a second straight season as if no one would notice that it was him.

Pushed in the back? You have got to be kidding me. It was obvious that Suggs took two steps without anyone touching him. He raised his arm and it would have hit Brady's knee if Tom had not jumped over the hit. The fact that he missed is irrelevant.

And calling Brady by a girls name really takes away from having an intelligent discussion. Are you really questioning Brady's toughness? The ones who should man up are the Ravens. They whine and cry whenever they lose, but they get a pass from the media for it. The coverage on this has been slanted towards the Ravens. Not once did ESPN show the roughing the passer call on Wright. Penalties were basically even during the game. None of the calls cost you the game. Accept the loss like men and move on.

Holy shnikes, PK is checking in to this very thread! :rolleyes:

Stop. He was never pushed. That's not a guess or an interpretation. You sound like an idiot. If you've watched the video and still think he was pushed in the back, you've confirmed what I already think.

Just a question: if Suggs wasn't, as you seem to believe, ever "pushed in the back," should it be a roughing penalty?

The usage of a female name to somehow suggest that the person being referred to is somehow not tough or lacking somehow, is moronic. My gender is male, but I can assure you beyond a doubt that some of the toughest-minded, most relentless and fearless people I have ever known have been females. Likewise, some of the most cowardly, whining and wimpering people I've known have been males. It's a stupid, meaningless practice. Everyone who does it, including you, should smarten TF up.

Go watch that play again.... how can anyone suggest he was pushed in the back? He was in total control when he passed by Koppen, then took two steps and redirected himself at Brady's legs.

No push in the back. No loss of foot. He went for the knees. It was Bradys' last second move that prevented a horrific injury.

For the record, the call against Wright was also correct. I was pissed at first, but after replaying it, it was clear that he hit him in the head. I just wish the media mentioned this play in their clearly-biased reporting.

Go watch that play again.... how can anyone suggest he was pushed in the back? He was in total control when he passed by Koppen, then took two steps and redirected himself at Brady's legs.

No push in the back. No loss of foot. He went for the knees. It was Bradys' last second move that prevented a horrific injury.

For the record, the call against Wright was also correct. I was pissed at first, but after replaying it, it was clear that he hit him in the head. I just wish the media mentioned this play in their clearly-biased reporting.

Can someone post the video so we can stop discussing this point?

Holy shnikes, PK is checking in to this very thread! :rolleyes:

Stop. He was never pushed. That's not a guess or an interpretation. You sound like an idiot. If you've watched the video and still think he was pushed in the back, you've confirmed what I already think.

Just a question: if Suggs wasn't, as you seem to believe, ever "pushed in the back," should it be a roughing penalty?

No.

Even if he wasn't pushed in the back, which I'm not conclusively and definitely saying, then I still believe that his momentum just took him forward as he was preparing to hit Brady right as Tom threw the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes