PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King needs glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the video so we can stop discussing this point?

It has been posted.

I am not one hundred percent sure that Suggs was pushed, but that's not the point as Suggs' contact with Brady's legs was almost totally a result from trying to stop his momentum.

If there was a shove, it just expedited the process.

It has been posted.

I am not one hundred percent sure that Suggs was pushed, but that's not the point as Suggs' contact with Brady's legs was almost totally a result from trying to stop his momentum.

So in other words, you're completely backtracking for your earlier assertion that he was pushed, since anyone with two eyes and the ability to press the "play" button can readily observe that he wasn't

It has been posted.

It doesn't matter if he was trying to stop his momentum. You can't hit a QB below the knee. Period.

It has been posted.

Seriously, watch the video again. If you think that suggs has that poor of balance that he looses his footing so easily then he would never have made it to the NFL. You can actually seem him lower his shoulders just as he is nearing Brady. It is a definite cheap shot.

It doesn't matter if he was trying to stop his momentum. You can't hit a QB below the knee. Period.

Who stops their momentum by lowering their shoulders?

Seriously, watch the video again. If you think that suggs has that poor of balance that he looses his footing so easily then he would never have made it to the NFL. You can actually seem him lower his shoulders just as he is nearing Brady. It is a definite cheap shot.

I don't understand why this is even questionable. Is the rule ticky-tack? Maybe. Did Suggs intentionally try to take out Brady's ACL? Certainly not. Did he make a consciencious effort to go for his legs in an attempt to make a tackle. YES..................and that is a no-no.

So in other words, you're completely backtracking for your earlier assertion that he was pushed, since anyone with two eyes and the ability to press the "play" button can readily observe that he wasn't

No, I'm not.

When I made that post earlier, I was reading a Ravens message board where the consensus was that an o-lineman had pushed Terrell, and after watching the video another time, it looked like there may have been contact.

The point was, and is, that Suggs was about to launch himself at Brady, and pulled back to AVOID a personal foul, which resulted in him falling forward.

No, I'm not.

When I made that post earlier, I was reading a Ravens message board where the consensus was that an o-lineman had pushed Terrell, and after watching the video another time, it looked like there may have been contact.

The point was, and is, that Suggs was about to launch himself at Brady, and pulled back to AVOID a personal foul, which resulted in him falling forward.

He had a good 4 yards to correct his course once he freed himself from Koppen. I was kind of shocked at how deliberate an action this was, he was clearly going after that knee. It's a great rule if these guys are that reckless.

Pushed in the back? You have got to be kidding me. It was obvious that Suggs took two steps without anyone touching him. He raised his arm and it would have hit Brady's knee if Tom had not jumped over the hit. The fact that he missed is irrelevant.

And calling Brady by a girls name really takes away from having an intelligent discussion. Are you really questioning Brady's toughness? The ones who should man up are the Ravens. They whine and cry whenever they lose, but they get a pass from the media for it. The coverage on this has been slanted towards the Ravens. Not once did ESPN show the roughing the passer call on Wright. Penalties were basically even during the game. None of the calls cost you the game. Accept the loss like men and move on.

He actually didn't miss. He hit the knee, it's just that Brady had the foot off the ground by that point (thank God), so the contact caused him to spin around. If he had totally whiffed, I doubt there would have been a flag.

No.

Even if he wasn't pushed in the back, which I'm not conclusively and definitely saying, then I still believe that his momentum just took him forward as he was preparing to hit Brady right as Tom threw the ball.

He was perfectly upright when Brady threw the ball. So your contention is that one of the best NFL lineman, who is an expert at controling balance and leverage, lost his footing just like that?

He was perfectly upright when Brady threw the ball. So your contention is that one of the best NFL lineman, who is an expert at controling balance and leverage, lost his footing just like that?

I think it's quite clear that Suggs had lowered his head/shoulder to tackle Brady as the ball was about to be thrown, and when Brady had released the ball, Suggs pulled back his momentum and fell forward.

As a side note, I do like the connection that Brady shares with the referee as he points at Suggs while jumping up and down, and the umpire reciprocates by nodding in agreement with Brady, to which Tommy acknowledges by pumping his fist and grinning.

Here's the video; watch Suggs preparing for impact before Brady releases the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU

Last edited:
I think it's quite clear that Suggs had lowered his head/shoulder to tackle Brady as the ball was about to be thrown, and when Brady had released the ball, Suggs pulled back his momentum and fell forward.

As a side note, I do like the connection that Brady shares with the referee as he points at Suggs while jumping up and down, and the umpire reciprocates by nodding in agreement with Brady.

Here's the video; watch Suggs preparing for impact before Brady releases the ball.

YouTube - Suggs Cheap Shot on Brady

Come on now....IT'S HIS RULE.....of course he would point it out.....move on man...move on....

Watch the video again. The ball is gone and Suggs is upright. His head isn't tucked until after the ball is released. If you can freeze the film at that exact point you can see that he has the exact same lean as everyone else in the shot expect he is the only one that falls down. I guess he is just clumsy like that.

As a side note, I do like the connection that Brady shares with the referee as he points at Suggs while jumping up and down, and the umpire reciprocates by nodding in agreement with Brady, to which Tommy acknowledges by pumping his fist and grinning.

YouTube - Suggs Cheap Shot on Brady

You've never seen another player ever ask for a call? Really? Did you also see the lineman point to the exact same thing? Isn't it more likely that they all thought it was a penalty because it was? Have you heard anyone from the league offices say that it was incorrectly applied?

Regardless of his intent, its pretty clear he broke the rule. You go after/near QB below the knee, you break the rule. Everyone made a huge fuss about it, calling it 'Brady rule'. If Brady's leg was planted at the point of impact, it could have done some serious damage and we would be hearing entirely different story. Can we just agree that these stupid writers are trying to turn NFL into reality show and move on?

You've never seen another player ever ask for a call? Really? Did you also see the lineman point to the exact same thing? Isn't it more likely that they all thought it was a penalty because it was? Have you heard anyone from the league offices say that it was incorrectly applied?

That one moment just plays into the larger picture.

Am I unique in pointing out that Tommy might just be a jerkoff?

Am I unique in pointing out that YOU might just be a jerkoff?

How about we point out all the b!tching and moaning and crying done by Ray Lewis every time he gets beat on your board? How would you like them apples? Personally, with all the moaning done by Ray Lewis, I think HE should be the one wearing a dress. God man up and say that was bad call but we could have done better to win the game and move on.

Brady never disses an opponent. Brady always praises his teammates. Hate him for always beating your team if you must, but Brady has never done anything to deserve being called a jerkoff by a douchebag.

Why don't you ask to talk to Tom and call him a jerkoff to his face?

At 6'4 and 225 Lbs I bet he beats you down quicker than the Ravens get in the 4th quarter of a game against the Steelers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand