PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King needs glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one moment just plays into the larger picture.

Am I unique in pointing out that Tommy might just be a jerkoff?

He's a jerkoff for asking for a flag on a play that clearly deserved one, yet your own team's players cry to the media about the officials after ever close game? I think we all know who the jerkoff is here.

That one moment just plays into the larger picture.

Am I unique in pointing out that Tommy might just be a jerkoff?

You wouldn't but unique in that but "Tommy" has had plenty of opposing fans pissed off at him. It comes with winning. Doesn't make them right. Appealing to the masses is a logical fallacy. The average person is dumb.

Man, did the members of this board help pen the Manifest Destiny?

The point is that an appeal to the masses is meaningless. Just because most people believe something doesn't mean its right. I'm no brain surgeon but I am smart enough to know that Tom Brady isn't the first player to ask for a penalty and the act is in fact a common practice. I'm also smart enough to recognize that his whinning to the refs for the call is no different then Rey's whinning to the media against the call.

I think it's quite clear that Suggs had lowered his head/shoulder to tackle Brady as the ball was about to be thrown, and when Brady had released the ball, Suggs pulled back his momentum and fell forward.

As a side note, I do like the connection that Brady shares with the referee as he points at Suggs while jumping up and down, and the umpire reciprocates by nodding in agreement with Brady, to which Tommy acknowledges by pumping his fist and grinning.

Here's the video; watch Suggs preparing for impact before Brady releases the ball.

YouTube - Suggs Cheap Shot on Brady

Humans are amazing at not seeing what they don't want to see. The official is reaching for his flag as soon as contact was made. And where is this "nod" you keep talking about? And "grinning?" How the fark can you see that? You make it sound like there was time for a conversation and beer, when the flag is in the air five seconds after contact...and it only takes that long when viewed in slow motion.

I would have wanted that goddamn flag, too, because it was a dirty hit.

So stop lying. Say, "I don't think that should be a rule" if you must, but don't argue that it's not a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes