PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com Roll Call

Whitman, MA
Been to over 50 games (tix stubs in a box)
Season Ticket holder (Bought friends tix) 2000-2004
Been on the waiting list since June 1999. Gave up the ones I had in 2005 becuase I thought I'd get my tix since I was told the year before I'd get the next year.

Casual fan until 1986 when they went to the SB my senior yr in HS. Been through the ups and downs since.

My fav sb was 39. Stopped the unstoppable (Indy), crushed the impossible to score on (Pitt) and removed all doubt beating McNabb and Co.

Born and Raised: Rumford Maine
Live in Eagle River Alaska with my my wife and two boys.
Been a fan since early 70's
My wife and I surprized my boys this summer bringing them to the Razor to see the Pats play the Cardinals this preseason at the tail end of our vacation. As we were getting off the Foxboro exit, the night of the game, my youngest boy says "it sure would be nice to have some tickets to the game" at which point my wife holds up the tickets...the look on his face was priceless.

Natick, MA, but for the last three years located in Brooklyn listening the the f-ing Yankees fans dissing my Sox-- all in good fun.

Went to my first Pats game when I was seven or eight, and it was a blowout. We sucked.

I only started to get proud of the team again in the early nineties when Parcells drafted a kid named Bledsoe.

I'm an Economics guy by education and profession, and the way BB and SP handle the draft and free agency is facsinating. I truly believe they are redefining the sport as we watch.

Best sport ever. Its a golden age for Foxboro fans. Like it was in Green Bay or San Francisco in past decades... this is our time. Gotta love it.

From: just moved to Lawrence, Kansas (35 miles outside of Kansas City)
NOT a season ticket holder (wish I was)
Patsfan since 1990

Hey, I live in KS too. KC.

Would you be intersted watching games with a few of us Pat fans?

Last edited:
I'm Troy,grew up in Plymouth Ma and somehow the military brought me to California. I still bleed sports passion for NE sports and go back from time to time and watch games from all four teams..

I must say my wife hates or maybe doesn't completely understand it. I think she hates the direct tv bill the most. NFL ticket,mlb extra innings and nhl center ice. To say the least it's not cheap being a fan living out of state.

We did this thread a few years ago, and I figured it would be a good idea to get to know everyone again. Post where you're from, if you're a season ticket holder, how long you've been a fan, etc.

I'll start it off.

Not a season ticket holder
Pats Fan for 20-years

P.S. I also have just learned of a terrific board upgrade that will occur when I shift us over for a final time to the dedicated server this weekend.

From: Originally Massachusetts.....for the past 10 yrs....have lived behind enemy lines in doofin territory in S. Florida

Was never a season ticket holder but used to go to alot of games when I lived in Mass......one of the biggest things I miss about Mass is not being able to go to those games....

Fan for approximately 33 years now.....started watching the Pats with my dad from about the age of 8 and am now 41 (holy crap...I'm an old bag!!!)
So...have been a long time, loyal...yet realistic fan.....

Grew up in Vermont, now live across the lake in Peru NY.
Never been a season ticket holder.
Been watching the Pats since they started airing games on VT TV (around 63) I was in 3rd grade.

Pats Fan Since: I attended my first Pats game (vs. Fins) in 1974

Home: Seattle, WA
Grew up in upstate New York, but 180 miles from Buffalo, and 280 from New York City, so Patriots were as good as any.

Not a season ticket holder

Patriots fan since 1974.

My sister ( a big Dolphin fan) was bad mouthing the Patriots, so I rooted for them as an underdog. It was the first game I ever watched (coincidentally, the first game PatsFanSince1974 went to) and they won, so I've been a fan ever since.

In 1975 (during a 3-11 season) I was so disgusted that when they played Cincinnati I decided whoever won that game was the time I was going to root for.....Cincinnati won, but I reneged and stayed with the Patriots. Good choice, eh?

Last edited:
Hometown- Revere
Now living in Carolina
Fan since day 1 when they started the AFC

Hi, my name is Richie and I've been a Patriots fan for 13 years or so, always long distance. I'm originally from Rutherfordton NC (started liking football before the Panthers were a team yet, and my dad loved Bledsoe coming out of college - hence the Pats fan part), now living in sunny Stuart Florida.

It's 76 degrees here today, and it was in the 80s over the past weekend. I didn't make it to the beach, but I did go for a mountain bike ride on which I got a tan. It was a farmers tan, but still.

I've only been to two actual Patriots games. In 2003 and 2004 I went to the @ Miami games. I got to see the 80 yarder to Troy in overtime, and went to the Monday nighter where we blew it in the final minutes.

So far my enjoyment of the games I've attended is 1-1.

I catch every game on TV whether it's at the apartment or at a sportsbar. For the Detroit game I had a wedding to go to, so I missed most of the game (I caught a little of it by going into the bar of the country club the wedding was at).

I'm 27 (turned on Nov 18th) and one of my life dreams is to catch a home game in New England.

- Rhode Island native, living in Georgia.
- Not a season ticket holder, but recently claimed my spot on the waiting list.
- Born and raised a Pats fan (the first thing my dad ever bought me was a Steve Grogan jersey- I was about 5).

Dwayne

Born in Rochester, NH
Grew up in southern ME
Now live in Hampton Roads area of VA

Been a Pats fan since 1985 (I was 12 when they went to that 1st SB and it was my first memory of watching football)

I grew up in the Sixties and played PeeWee football so I was always a football fan. I remember watching the Giants on TV on Sundays because that was the game that was broadcast to the Boston market. I also followed the Packers because they were THE team of that era and there seemed to be a plethora of Packers related material that was available to read. (Yes we had to read back then, no internet,no cable,no ESPN.)

The beginning of my Patriots love happened in 1969. My parents had just divorced and I moved from Hanson, MA to Whitman,MA. I became best friends with a kid whose Dad had Pats season tickets. So he invited me to a pre-season game, it was 1969.

But the early game I remember was another pre-season game in 1970. I went to the Pats vs the Redskins at BC's Alumni Stadium. That was the game when the stands went up in flames. The game was stopped briefly and the fans were allowed on the field. I remember walking up to Sonny Jurgensen and Charley Taylor (we were on the Redskins side). I was in awe of real life professional football players!

That was it for me. I was hooked and became a life long Patriots fan. Later that same year I went to my first regular season game at Harvard Stadium. Pats vs the Vikes. Pats had recently acquired Joe Kapp from the Vikings. And I remember thinking how cool it was that the Pats had a QB who had just played in the Super Bowl! But, it didn't take long to realize why he was traded. Kapp was terrible for the Pats. The Pats Vikes game was in Dec and it had snowed the night before. Harvard Stadium had not been shoveled out around the seating areas. And of course, the Pats got killed by the Vikings. But the most entertaining part was throwing snow balls at the players. It was hysterical (at least to me).

And I stayed a fan through all the ridiculous years of ineptitude. The High School stadium. The Head Coaching carousel. The one and two win seasons. The wasted draft picks. The scandals. All of it didn't matter because I had sold my soul to Patriots football a long time ago. And of course we all know how the story ended. With a story book ending of course! The amazing Super Bowl win against the mighty Rams! Only the birth of my two children beat the exhilaration of that incredible victory.

And well, things are pretty good in Patriot Nation these days. We spend more time debating whether our QB or the guy from Indy is the best in the league. Whether the Pats are winning by big enough margins. Which team is better! Who will they pick with their 2 first round picks next year?

But for an old timer like me you never forget what it once was and hopefully will never be again. It's incredible that this team has now become a model for how to run a franchise. It used to be the worst franchise in the league.

And last month I took my two daughters to their first Patriots game (vs. the Jets). Yes it rained. Yes it was cold. And yes the Pats lost. But my girls had a great time and it only cemented for them their love of New Englands team. I think they also liked that guy named Brady!! (But I might be wrong on that one!)

So the circle of life continues. My girls are now hooked and will hopefully only know the joy that has become this Patriots franchise. Heck, they only had to live a few years to even see the Sox win it all!

But, I love the Pats.I will always root for them. I treat every win like a SB win! And I agonize over every loss. I don't know any other way to root for them.

And I love every minute of it!

Last edited:
Born and Raised in Atlanta Ga.
Parents are originally from South Boston. We would go back quite a bit as kids. Grew up a diehard Bruins, Sox, Patriot and Celts fan.
Grandparents had season tickets in the70's and 80's so I went to a lot of games, including 4 home games the year they lost the super bowl to the Bears. (If only Dawson didn't get hurt early in the game.)

After college I signed as an UDFA with the Colts. Coach Myers had nothing good to say about the Pats organization, which made me happy in a way. I always suspected he knew I was a diehard Pats fan. (Ha! Ha!)

I run my own sports production company. (We are the guys with the big trucks outside the stadiums.) Mostly do college games now, although demand is increasing for high school games, mostly by the cable companies.

It used to be in the old days, the scouts would come the games and tell you what team they were with and who they were looking at. However now it's a bit different and you can't hardly even get a Pats scout to admit they work for the Pats anymore. (BB strikes again.)

The highlight of my year the past several years is doing the combine. Totally awesome, but they need to move it down south so the weather is better.

Born In Boston, grew up in Randolph and Plymouth MA, moved all over the east coast, now I reside in Newtown Pa - thanks to wife dragging me down here...
Saw my first game in '73 @ Schaefer Stadium against the jets...9 - 7 loss.
I also lost my seat cushion threw those old metal benches when I stood up.

It's been great to finnaly have a winning team that I stuck with threw the Plunket disasters, the Grogan's hero's, the snow plow game, the phantom roughing the passer in '76 to the revenge tuck rule game. from the tippet and lippet "D" combo to the Grogan to Morgan conection, watching Hannah & company blow up 3,165 yards rushing in '78 (still stands as a Record today)

Now 3 rings and greatful at last.....

Now I can Die in peace.....

I am born and i live in North Italy

I am a Fan since beginning '80 when for the first time Italian Tv showed a Super Bowl and i 'discovered' to love the New England Patriots because i liked the name, the logo and the uniforms

Finally last year i was able to come to US and see two games at 'The Razor' - a beautiful experience

i will return !

thks for this site - i enjoy it !

And last month I took my two daughters to their first Patriots game (vs. the Jets). Yes it rained. Yes it was cold. And yes the Pats lost. But my girls had a great time and it only cemented for them their love of New Englands team. I think they also liked that guy named Brady!! (But I might be wrong on that one!)

Me too! (edit: That's ambiguous. I do like Brady -- but not in the way that of course there's nothing wrong with ...)

That was my first ever Pats game and in the end I'm glad it was one where it was raining, cold and the Pats lost, because now I know for sure that I'm not just a fair weather fan who only enjoys it when things go well. Perhaps you saw me. I was the one who looked like a drowned rat but was yelling at the top of his voice! ;)

HI;

I born in Santiago De Compostela,North Spain.I have got 14 years old and I'm a new england patriot fan since 6 years ago,I've got family in U.S.A (Los Angeles,CA) and I like the football.I Like the NE Patriots because I liked the logo,Uniform...All But my Uncles likes the 49ers :D.
I Love this website!!! Go pats...

Last edited:
Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1759 at St. James Gate....oh wait...thats my contents...nevermind.

:beersign:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back