PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he certainly was, at least from my perspective too. That is troubling. The overall effectiveness of the offensive line seems to be lacking in some very important ways.

Now the unnecessary injury to Light...it is not the strength that I hoped it to be.

Vollmer's returning from a back injury and it was cold tonight. I can understand why he had problems. He was slow out of his stance, and he was doing a lot of reaching. Unfortunately, there's not a single warm weather game left on the schedule, so he's going to have to get used to it and play through any stiffness/discomfort he may experience.

As for Light, I certainly hope he's alright. I'm not read for a tackle duo of Solder and Cannon right now, and I don't think Brady is, either.

i think Branch Hernandez and the running game are going to have to show up big time in the playoffs

I have a pessimistic view that it is going to take something more than that, but yes--that would certainly be a good start. Hopefully, the running game can get going, but when we face the excellent run defense teams--then what? I expect the same poor results of old in that situation.

If only one of C.Johnson or Price could actually add something, it may make enough difference for some of the more baseline stuff...but it doesn't appear that is going to happen this yr. At least not at this point in time, anyway.

I suspect that the Patriots RBs will have big games since the Eagles run defense is pathetic.

Best WR that Patriots will face all season?

Maybe Cowboys?

Good test for the Pats secondary.

OPs right. Going to need Chung and McCourty at 100% to match up well with these guys.

The first half patriots today would likely lose big to Vince Young.

Also, at this point, Miami does NOT suck. We are much better than they are, but they are much better than lots of teams.
If the Patriots play like that today the Eagles will crush them. I am absolutely convinced that Gary Guyton is a mole sent in by Bill Polian to destroy the Patriots defense from the inside out.

I think it will be the Eagles's superbowl. They're going to come out firing. We just have to weather that first onslaught.

It'll be hard, especially if their D-Line brings it like they did on SNF. The last thing I want to see is Babin abusing either Vollmer or Solder (Vollmer, assuming Solder is filling in at LT this week). Three and outs at the beginning would kill us, especially if Vick is playing.

Don't be fooled. The Eagles are a really good team and will really push the Pats. And they are not out of it either. The Giants are about to lose another 2 in a row (Saints and Packers) and the Cowboys could blow it as well.

The D-line is really good and the corners are actually really good - as most know.

The question is if the Pats can protect Brady and exploit the linebackers. Also, with Vick, he has to be treated like a rookie. He will make some plays but will also make a stupid mistake that will lead to a turnover.

If the Patriots play like that today the Eagles will crush them. I am absolutely convinced that Gary Guyton is a mole sent in by Bill Polian to destroy the Patriots defense from the inside out.

I've never seen a defender just fall on his face for no reason than this guy. The next time I see him take on a block will be the first time.

People have written the Eagles off but they are crazy to do so.

D. Jackson will burn anybody in our secondary. His ability to stretch the field will be a key aspect in this game. L. McCoy is so fast and quick, he scares me as well.

If Vick plays thats another person we have to defend well. To me, this is the only other game, if any, that we'll lose if we dont play well.

People have written the Eagles off but they are crazy to do so.

D. Jackson will burn anybody in our secondary. His ability to stretch the field will be a key aspect in this game. L. McCoy is so fast and quick, he scares me as well.

If Vick plays thats another person we have to defend well. To me, this is the only other game, if any, that we'll lose if we dont play well.

The D will look like it did against the Steelers.

Give up a lot of yards underneath. Play safe up top.

Chung and Tarpinian/Fletcher need to be really good, Ninkovich too.

Make Vick and Young beat you inside the red zone. Trouble is, they may be able to do that with their legs.

Vick scares me. the eagle defense does not, lets hope B.O.B will adjust quicker and not wait 5 series to call a screen against a def that was blitzing the heck out of us(football 101).

This game scares the bejeebers out of me. If they are healthy. And, that's a big if. Vick and Maclin and D. Jackson are playing. They're going to torch our defense. Did you see what they did to Dallas when they were hitting on all cylinders? Blew them out. Same thing could happen to us. If Maclin's out, that's a big deal. Allows us to double D. Jackson. L. McCoy has been fantastic and is explosive. We're sacrificing some run defense by having Mark Anderson in there. McCoy can break a couple of big ones. We're going to have to match them score for score. We either win a shootout. 34-31. Or, get blown out. 38-17 or something like the New Orleans game a couple of years ago. You guys can rip me on Monday. But, it's a must win for them and we're going to get their best game. We can easily win the last 5 even if we lose this week. I think they will beat us pretty good.

Yeah

Teams that lose at home to Arizona are real juggernauts.

So you don't feel as though Baltimore is a strong competitor either, seeing as how they lost to Seattle and Jacksonville?

If you don't see the Eagles as serious competition, you have not been following football too closely, or are just concerned with paper records.

Besides blowing the lead in the 4th quarter a lot this yr, Philly has a ton of talent, especially considering they beat both Dallas (a team we went to the wire and won) and the Giants (a team we went to the wire and lost).

Why would you honestly see this game any differently than the DAL and NYG games?

So you don't feel as though Baltimore is a strong competitor either, seeing as how they lost to Seattle and Jacksonville?

If you don't see the Eagles as serious competition, you have not been following football too closely, or are just concerned with paper records.

Besides blowing the lead in the 4th quarter a lot this yr, Philly has a ton of talent, especially considering they beat both Dallas (a team we went to the wire and won) and the Giants (a team we went to the wire and lost).

Why would you honestly see this game any differently than the DAL and NYG games?

He'll never admit that a 4-6 team that is essentially a wounded animal and is in playoff mode already to save their season (on top of physically beating the piss out of a team that we lost to at home) is a dangerous threat to the almighty Pats whose Canton-bound defense just shut down the venerable Tyler Palko. Trust me. Earlier in the year, he had trouble understanding that limiting yards and T.O.P. to get the ball back in your offense's hands with as many chances to score as it can get was actually a good thing.

Andre Carter vs. Jason Peters. Can't wait.

Anyone know the status of vick yet?

Anyone know the status of vick yet?

is there a deadline for a QB's playing status? How does a team prepare for a "maybe" situation at QB? I can't see them telling us until they have too.

I'd love to face rivers, romo or vick any day before a QB that can close a game.

If a teams D can keep it close it doesn't matter how many INT's the opponent has, it could be a last possession game. I feel better with Vick possibly choking in that situation before Vince.

the article below makes some good points.

Philadelphia Eagles: What Michael Vick Should Have Learned from Vince Young | Bleacher Report

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents