PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate matchups like these. It's like playing the Chargers, such a talented/dangerous team to line up against but they don't seem like much because they are so hit and miss week to week.

IMO they will NEED Chung and Spikes back..hopefully Mccourty as well. I know Eagles suck but they are the one team left that can turn it on at any time. All depends on if Vick is playing

Yep, if Vick plays eagles have no chance, if vy plays it could be a close game

the eagles on paper may look like a bad team, but they have the ability to come out on fire like they did against the Cowboys and the Giants.(both playoff bound teams)

this is the last big test for our defense before the playoffs IMO...and im looking forward to see if they can continue to put up the effort they have the past couple of weeks. even if Vick plays, hes banged up...our pass rush is going to have to come out on fire and hopefully we can make some big stops/takeaways

offensively, I want to see our offense have a better first quarter/first half and come out on fire. the last 2(even 3 games) have been all 2nd half...even though im confident that our offense can score on the eagles

the eagles on paper may look like a bad team, but they have the ability to come out on fire like they did against the Cowboys and the Giants.(both playoff bound teams)

this is the last big test for our defense before the playoffs IMO...and im looking forward to see if they can continue to put up the effort they have the past couple of weeks. even if Vick plays, hes banged up...our pass rush is going to have to come out on fire and hopefully we can make some big stops/takeaways

offensively, I want to see our offense have a better first quarter/first half and come out on fire. the last 2(even 3 games) have been all 2nd half...even though im confident that our offense can score on the eagles

We're not going to have a problem getting up for the Eagles like we did for the Chiefs.

Number one, we must stop the run and neutralize McCoy who is playing pretty well. We must force them to throw- because when they overcommit to the throw, neither QB's (Vince or Vick) have the mental toughness to play an error-free game.

Two, on offense we must go to the quick game (slants, digs, drags) especially over the middle where they are weak, and especially so because Philly's fearsome pass rushers are off the edges, so they will most certainly collapse the pocket. Look for plenty of draws and between the tackles runs from us, as we attack the middle of Philly's defense (it's achilles heel).

Three, this has to be a shootout. Philly is not a team that's made to come from behind, and the key to this is to keep them out of the RZ because I don't think our D is cunning enough to deal with a scrambling double-threat QB and RB both of who are dangerous in the passing and run game.

And I agree that this will be the biggest test for our D which has really started to put it together in the last two games, but face its biggest test yet. In fact, if we win this game, I predict we run the table and end the season at 13-3.

We cant take the eagles for granted.... they are very talented.....

I visited the eagle boards and outside the fact that they call us c-o-c-ky....

many feel all they need to do is play man to man and get pressure..up the middle.. and many feel vick will not play........but I think the chief's game was a true trap game...and I am sure....BB got in there faces ....we need to bring our A game...

Last edited:
Yep, if Vick plays eagles have no chance, if vy plays it could be a close game

I see it the total opposite of you, to be honest.

You are saying that Vince Young, who threw 3 int's in his first game back in a couple of yrs is better suited to lead them to victory than Michael Vick?

That's crazy talk.

It was Philly's aggressive and opportunistic defense that won them that game on Sunday night. Philly's defense are the guys that stood tall, and won a 17-10 game. Vince Young barely scored, lol.

VY may have led them on a miraculous game-winning drive, where they actually scored a TD, but other than that, what else did he do that was so great? With Vick, Philly's offense is about 10x more explosive, as he will scramble away from pressure, run it himself, and he has the capacity to throw deep to very good WR's.

I'm praying that Vince Young starts, as I suspect Belichick is too. If anyone thinks that Vince Young is the cause of Philly's win on Sunday, they're nuts.

Last edited:
the eagls defensively... in theory match up quite well to what has ben successful against the pats. Man up against Welker and Branch with nnamdi and asante. Try put pressure on brady with your front 4 and see how you go. Giants and Pitsberg did this quite well.

Should be a very interesting game, i'd be more worried if it was vick we were playing against not Young.

You are saying that Vince Young, who threw 3 int's in his first game back in a couple of yrs is better suited to lead them to victory than Michael Vick?

That's crazy talk.

It was Philly's aggressive and opportunistic defense that won them that game on Sunday night. Philly's defense are the guys that stood tall, and won a 17-10 game. Vince Young barely scored, lol.

VY may have led them on a miraculous game-winning drive, where they actually scored a TD, but other than that, what else did he do that was so great? With Vick, Philly's offense is about 10x more explosive, as he will scramble away from pressure, run it himself, and he has the capacity to throw deep to very good WR's.

I'm praying that Vince Young starts, as I suspect Belichick is too. If anyone thinks that Vince Young is the cause of Philly's win on Sunday, they're nuts.

Young is a better closer, if the games tight i'd rather have Vick at QB, his heroics are often very costly in those situations. INTs don't mean much if the eagles D plays well and the game is tight in the 4rth.

Young is a better closer, if the games tight i'd rather have Vick at QB, his heroics are often very costly in those situations. INTs don't mean much if the eagles D plays well and the game is tight in the 4rth.

I don't know, I'm not saying my opinion is everything. I just believe that Belichick would rather play vs Young.

Something tells me that a guy who threw 3 INT's, hardly knows the offense, can't scramble or out-right run as effectively, can't throw as good of a downfield ball, and is more prone to being flat-out dumb, is a better matchup for us.

He won the game with a whopping 69 QB rating, and 3 INT's on Sunday. It was the defense that stepped up, and won the game vs. Philly. I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to do it. They are a team that has self-imploded, and nothing more. If they can stop self-destructing, they have the capacity to win games, no doubt. No one has effectively "stopped them" very successfully to this point. They have led in the 4th quarter in 9 out of 10 games this year. They have hurt themselves, and badly, but that doesn't always mean it's always going to be like that.

I don't know, I'm not saying my opinion is everything. I just believe that Belichick would rather play vs Young.

Something tells me that a guy who threw 3 INT's, hardly knows the offense, can't scramble or out-right run as effectively, can't throw as good of a downfield ball, and is more prone to being flat-out dumb, is a better matchup for us.

He won the game with a whopping 69 QB rating, and 3 INT's on Sunday. It was the defense that stepped up, and won the game vs. Philly. I wouldn't be surprised if they continued to do it. They are a team that has self-imploded, and nothing more. If they can stop self-destructing, they have the capacity to win games, no doubt. No one has effectively "stopped them" very successfully to this point. They have led in the 4th quarter in 9 out of 10 games this year. They have hurt themselves, and badly, but that doesn't always mean it's always going to be like that.

I see your point but those numbers always cloud my vision when trying to evaluate players.

Young lead an 18 play, 80 yard drive, consuming over 8 minutes of time and converting 6 3rd downs the last one with an 8 yard TD strike to a no name receiver to finish the game.

He's had a decent career in that area, having 13 game winning drives to Vick's 10 and Vince has played half as many games. he's also a lot bigger at 6-5, 230lbs.

I've said it before QBs like Vick, Romo and Rivers don't scare me, for all their great stats and wins they screw up in big situations more times than not. They've become the poster children for throwing games out the window. For vick to beat us i think it would have to be a lop sided blow out and I just don't think that'll happen. maybe I'm underestimating Vick a bit to much, just my view on it.

a break down of the game winning drive below

NFL Videos: Drive of the Week: Eagles rely on VY

Last edited:
Congrats to VY for leading the winning drive, but to say that 3 interceptions don't mean much is ridiculous. Turnovers are a prime indicator (and cause) of winning vs. losing.

Both VY and Vick have a strong tendency to turn the ball over. This is a major factor in the Eagles record this year and is what bodes well for the Pats.

So you don't feel as though Baltimore is a strong competitor either, seeing as how they lost to Seattle and Jacksonville?

If you don't see the Eagles as serious competition, you have not been following football too closely, or are just concerned with paper records.

Besides blowing the lead in the 4th quarter a lot this yr, Philly has a ton of talent, especially considering they beat both Dallas (a team we went to the wire and won) and the Giants (a team we went to the wire and lost).

Why would you honestly see this game any differently than the DAL and NYG games?

Baltimore is at home in Baltimore not Seattle.

Baltimore is 7-3. Philadelphia is 4-6. I learned that from following football rather closely.

Dallas and the Giants? So what?

If we turn the ball over four times then the Patriots should expect a tough game. That's universal in all football not because the Eagles are now some magical 4-6 dynamo.

Philadelphia's linebackers/safeties are very,very bad.
Philadelphia's offensive line is suspect at best.
Philadelphia's defensive line is smallish.
Vick is a turnover machine.

It's not exactly an accident they are 4-6 and can't hold leads.

He'll never admit that a 4-6 team that is essentially a wounded animal and is in playoff mode already to save their season (on top of physically beating the piss out of a team that we lost to at home) is a dangerous threat to the almighty Pats whose Canton-bound defense just shut down the venerable Tyler Palko. Trust me. Earlier in the year, he had trouble understanding that limiting yards and T.O.P. to get the ball back in your offense's hands with as many chances to score as it can get was actually a good thing.

Hey supafly

See Kontradiction agrees with you.:eek:

When some clown that thinks we lost to Baltimore because of TOP and yards surrendered:confused:....agrees with you, time to rethink.

No doubt he thinks we lost to Baltimore because of pass defense.

Clueless has company. "Dumb and Dumber"-the sequel.

Eagles are a very fast team like the steelers so will be a huge test for our Defense hopefully with better results.

That's crazy talk.

Except that VY has a 31-18 (or something like that) record as a starter. He tends to do enough to win at a higher rate than Dog Killer.

That last drive against the Giants was pretty good, and VY made the throws he needed to make.

Vick is a total punk.

Give me Vick.

PS: The Pats have more film on Vick in Philly's offense.

Last edited:
Except that VY has a 31-18 (or something like that) record as a starter. He tends to do enough to win at a higher rate than Dog Killer.

That last drive against the Giants was pretty good, and VY made the throws he needed to make.

Vick is a total punk.

Give me Vick.

PS: The Pats have more film on Vick in Philly's offense.

Actually, both seem to like to turn the ball over.

Actually, both seem to like to turn the ball over.

True. I just see Vick as the bigger loser. Neither scares me nearly as much as the Eagles' ability to jam the Pats receivers, play one on one and rush the QB.

True. I just see Vick as the bigger loser. Neither scares me nearly as much as the Eagles' ability to jam the Pats receivers, play one on one and rush the QB.

Very small front with bad linebackers and safeties vs smart QB and other world TE's and various skilled RB's is not a matchup I'd want.

Very small front with bad linebackers and safeties vs smart QB and other world TE's and various skilled RB's is not a matchup I'd want.

How many points do you see our offense scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL RECAP
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft