Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've released this defensive backfield:
Bodden, Meriweather, Sanders, Butler

And kept this defensive backfield:
McCourty, Ihedibgo, Chung, Arrington

I don't get it.

No worries.....

We just need to sack the QB about 8 times per game on average and the secondary is no longer an issue to worry about.

PipeDream.jpg

I would just be happy with putting pressure on the QB about 8 times a game. Bodden was not great but who do they have that can take his place? :confused:

I would just be happy with putting pressure on the QB about 8 times a game. Bodden was not great but who do they have that can take his place? :confused:

Troy Brown?

Sign the beast!

I don't know? Maybe someone enthusiastic to play the position and focus on doing their job for starters?

The difference between Bill Belichick and 99% of this forum is that this forum falls in love with names, Belichick falls in love with talent.

BB falls in love with nothing, he objectively calculates the worth of the player to the roster.

Bedard says that Molden can play just as well as Bodden as the #3 CB. If Molden did, in fact, pass Bodden on the depth chart, that makes Bodden an expensive #4 (#5 when Dowling comes back) who doesn't play on special teams.

I don't get it.

I have to say, when you put it that way ... it doesn't strike me as a horrible exchange.

It's not like our pass defense can possibly get any worse.

Has there been a "they hate their coach" reference yet?

If you can't see the latter is a huge upgrade, then you don't have a clue.

Never.A.Dull.Moment.

another "wha????" moment in a Patriot season....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnnn.....

I don't get it.

Is Butler even in the league? Ok, he has played for the Panthers this year as a mediocre starter. Meriweather is benched for the Bears who might have a worse safety situation than the Pats. Sanders, after a decent start, isn't playing much for the Falcons. Bodden was the #3 CB for the Pats with Dowling out and #4 with him in.

I was a against cutting Sanders without a legitimate replacement and think the Pats should have kept Bodden, but none of the guys you list that were cut would be starting for the Pats right now except possibly Sanders. Although Ihedibgo looks to be turning into an ok starter.

Last edited:
head-scratch-300x199.jpg

I don't get it, i don't get releasing all these DB's with no one to adequately replace them.

Bodden was coming off of knee surgery, he wasn't going to be 100%

But BB knows Best....;)

Last edited:
After another dizzying night studying the Patriots playbook, Chad Ochocinco has the presence of mind to ask how his (ex) teammate is doing.

Chad Johnson interview - YouTube

:D

I don't get it.

I don't know, but has anybody tracked everyone we released. I haven't heard much about Butler, Sanders, ore Meriweather doing anything special on their respective teams. In fact Meriweather doesn't even start, so did we really lose much. I don't know.

The names Ihedibgo and Arrington don't sound sexy, but they are not killing us. Arrington has been solid, and it appears Ihedigo is an upgrade over what we had, though that is not saying much.

As for Bodden, I don't think this is a big loss. Yeah our depth is an issue, but if he is not producing what is the point of keeping him over someone else that can help us.

We have to remember we just see a few games and don't have the film to see the nuances that Belicheck sees. Plus we don't know if he was getting burned or missing tackles in practice. We don't see the whole picture, and I going to have to trust Bill here.

I am not worried.

Last edited:
I saw this coming. Don't ask me how, but he just did not appear to be spending a lot of time watching film. He and Edelman are always talking going to watch the next movie out.

Some of you think this is ridiculous, but look at Mayo, BB's son, the moniker they have given him in the dressing room. He is a football player and nothing else. Those are the players BB want now. No bull****ting about. If you guys think he is supposed to have some off time to himself doing whatever, now he has all the time to tweet as much as he wants.
I like this move. We are number 32 in rank defense, can we go any lower? Next man up.

This is a notice to all tweeters. Keep tweeting, don't use your free time to help the team. I can bet he was among the players who were not at foxboro on Monday. Yes it was the off day but a lot of the players showed up! These are the players this team needs now.

Darius Butler plays for the Carolina Panthers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

head-scratch-300x199.jpg

I don't get it, i don't get releasing all these DB's with no one to adequately replace them.

Well that explains why you're on a forum for the Patriots and not the coaching staff for the Patriots.

Per SMY, Dowling and Fletcher missing from practice.

Total speculation on my part, but I'm guessing we see Molden take Bodden's place on Sunday against Pittsburgh and then Dowling (hopefully) takes over next week.

I'm guessing this would also show this move is all about Bodden - whether it be his play, injury, not accepting a reduced role, or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick