PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats release Leigh Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Butler is the 2nd guy I was talking about. But time will tell. If the secondary happens to cost us later on, then maybe BB DIDN'T act in the best interest of the team but had a moment of poor judgement. It happens. I'm willing to let it play out and see what these guys have to offer but at the time the moves are quite skeptical.
I think you are confusing making a decision based upon the best interests of the team, and making a decision that turns out to be correct.
I can make a decision in the best interest of my company, and ultimately have it be a poor decision, but that does not mean I am not acting in the best interet of my company. The parameters and intent of the decision are separate from the quality of the decision.

I think you are confusing making a decision based upon the best interests of the team, and making a decision that turns out to be correct.
I can make a decision in the best interest of my company, and ultimately have it be a poor decision, but that does not mean I am not acting in the best interet of my company. The parameters and intent of the decision are separate from the quality of the decision.

Perhaps, but isn't it obvious that you intend to do what's in the best interest? I mean you're not trying to sabotage your own company. That's why I thought he was referring to the decision aspect of it. Eh well, I don't think we're that far apart on this subject

Last edited:
Perhaps, but isn't it obvious that you intend to do what's in the best interest? I mean you're not trying to sabotage your own company. That's why I thought he was referring to the decision aspect of it. Eh well, I don't think we're that far apart on this subject
Agreed. But some are suggesting that BB cut Bodden due to ego, that Bodden didnt like not starting and said something so BBs giant ego couldn't take it so he cut him despite it being bad for the team.
Others have suggested he was just being nice to Bodden to let him go play somewhere he would get more pt at the expense of hurting the Pats.
That was my issue.

By getting rid of all these corners and safeties, the Patriots are declaring that this whole passing fad is a, um, passing fad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing