PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats picks: 22nd, 42nd or 44th, 47th or 48th, and 53rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laugh it up, when Tebow is wearing the blue and silver next year, and leads our team to the promised land, you'll rue the day you mocked my prescience.
Awesome, not sure why but I love that phrase...

I hope this year we trade UP instead of down/out or at least stay where we are and get some OLB/DE/WR help...

If Tebow falls to the second round, I can see Belichick drafting him. Not as a QB, though, but as a TE. Belichick has been quoted as loving this kid and we all know how much he loves TEs. A good pass catchng TE could become Brady's best friend on he field.

If we take Tebow as an H Back in the second, we could probably get Colt McCoy in the late third or early 4th. It might light a fire under Brady.

Laugh it up, when Tebow is wearing the blue and silver next year, and leads our team to the promised land, you'll rue the day you mocked my prescience.

Just a minor question.. will Brady be on the bench when he does that?

just throwing it out there. But its been widely commented that this team is lacking leaders.

Would BB not look at using those second rd. picks for Defensive leaders in trade market? theres a lot of green players already in this team. What makes everyone think he'll load the defense with more young guys? Think OL and WR/RB will definately go to draft though.

Why can't they do both, without giving up draft picks. Sign "leader" type players via free agency. Draft "leader" type players in the draft. Surely, they get the dirt on who are the leaders/team captains/men leading the boy types, that they can factor in before making a pick, no?

Personally, I'd like to see them package their picks to move into the top 10 for Tim Tebow.

I trust your other 2,700+ posts have shown more insight.

No matter what you think of Tim Tebow, very few (if any) are predicting that he's a top 10 selection. It would not be a big surprise if he wasn't drafted in the first round.

Why can't they do both, without giving up draft picks. Sign "leader" type players via free agency. Draft "leader" type players in the draft. Surely, they get the dirt on who are the leaders/team captains/men leading the boy types, that they can factor in before making a pick, no?

I don't see how you can draft leaders.

Ty law wasn't a leader, but he was really good. Willie McGinest wasn't a leader at first either. So, you still need to draft the best players and hope leadership develops.

Our leaders were not our best athletes, Bruschi and Vrabel weren't drafted highly. So, you still take the top football players in the draft and hope leadership develops or comes from glue guys like Bruschi.

I think drafting Tim Tebow would provide the offense with a very useful and versatile player, like Brad Smith on the Jets, hopefully capable of being a running/passing/recieving threat any time he steps onto the field with Brady...as long as he's drafted in the 4th round.

Last edited:
Sure, I've missed having a Heath Evans type player on this team!

Toby Gerhart??????
There's the guy you give it to on 3rd and 1 ......
and on many other occasions as well...

Last edited:
I think drafting Tim Tebow would provide the offense with a very useful and versatile player, like Brad Smith on the Jets, hopefully capable of being a running/passing/recieving threat any time he steps onto the field with Brady...as long as he's drafted in the 4th round.

No No No No!!! I don't want Tebow!!! The Quarterback situation is the least of our needs right now, even in the 4th round. We could pick someone with some upside in a position where we need depth. I'm tired of hearing this idea!

No No No No!!! I don't want Tebow!!! The Quarterback situation is the least of our needs right now, even in the 4th round. We could pick someone with some upside in a position where we need depth. I'm tired of hearing this idea!

Tebow wouldn't be a quarterback. He'd be an H-Back that would be a quarterback in Wildcat situations (if we go that route). Personally, I think he will be taken by Jacksonville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back