PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats picks: 22nd, 42nd or 44th, 47th or 48th, and 53rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I see him going in the top 5, and I'm willing to give up our entire draft to get him.

I think he's the type of locker room leader we've been missing, and could really have a positive effect on the younger guys. Plus I really admire a guy who puts proverbs on his eye black.

Ha ha ha, you had em going there, me included.

Personally, I'd like to see them package their picks to move into the top 10 for Tim Tebow.

Tebow will be available after the Pats pick twice.

Seriously why would you package picks for a Tight End who can't block?

There are lots of pass rushers and wide receivers available.

Nope, I see him going in the top 5, and I'm willing to give up our entire draft to get him.

I think he's the type of locker room leader we've been missing, and could really have a positive effect on the younger guys. Plus I really admire a guy who puts proverbs on his eye black.

I don't know why, but this was one of the funniest things I have read in a while.

If he goes top 5 I will delete my account and Im a Gator fan.

Last edited:
I wonder what Moss is worth in a trade, given his age, and the apparent injury issues he suffered from this year?

Tebow will be available after the Pats pick twice.

Seriously why would you package picks for a Tight End who can't block?

There are lots of pass rushers and wide receivers available.

Oh come now, I was merely having some fun at Tebow's expense.

Does anyone know where McClain is slated in the mocks? He seems like the perfect guy to pair with Mayo, but I assume he'll be out of our reach by draft day.

Nope we have three 2nd rounders. I would rather go up and get an elite talent such as McClain or even Haden rather than take a bunch of guys in the second. We did this last year and honestly two of the guys have proven themselves so far. Id gladly take a top twelve pick in the second round then go get Dunlap if you want him in the second and get either a guard or a Wideout with the other second. We also have plenty of trade bait on the roster so I fully expect us to rid ourselves of somebody for a 2nd or third.

It's just that we need lots of help. I wouldn't mind seeing them take 3 WRs in those 3rd and 4th rounds.

When this team is good again, most of our vets will be gone. I really am not anticipating a return to excellence next year, but 2 years from now, with all the draft picks coming, this team could make a huge move, and it will be beautiful if they can win a Super Bowl AND then grab a top 5 pick in the draft.

Does anyone know where McClain is slated in the mocks? He seems like the perfect guy to pair with Mayo, but I assume he'll be out of our reach by draft day.

A good ILB for us will be Joe Pawelek.

Seriously.

I wonder what Moss is worth in a trade, given his age, and the apparent injury issues he suffered from this year?

4th rounder AT BEST.
But who has a QB that needs a big wideout?
Would you trade him to Miami?

A good ILB for us will be Joe Pawelek.

Seriously.

Looks promising, and certainly has the size they look for (could stand to add ~10 lbs or so).

Do you reckon he'll go in the 2nd? 3rd?

I like Jahvid Best and Golden Tate from what I've seen. But I'm pretty ignorant as to this year's draft class; time to study up.

Top 10 of the 3rd round, I assume?

Well NFL Draft Countdown has him going at #17, so to play it safe I think moving up to the 5/6 range would be prudent.

We don't want to miss out on this guy. He pisses excellence.

Most have him going between 10 and 15.

4th rounder AT BEST.
But who has a QB that needs a big wideout?
Would you trade him to Miami?

nope and we could deffinantly get a second for moss from somebody.

Last edited:
Jack B says Tebow will go top 5.

:rofl:

Yeah, you know, I wouldn't be surprised if he went #1 overall.

He's got all the measurables you look for. Granted, his throwing motion is a bit awkward, and he doesn't have elite accuracy or touch.

But his intangibles are off the chain, as evidenced by this photo: http://stevewebel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tebow-heisman-wnole.jpg

Akward throwing motion? It's amazing that he can throw at all! I didn't realize that Tebow was a Siamese twin to a little person. Do they adapt his equipment for that condition? Will it cost 2 draft picks to get both of them?

Jack, Believe it or not I think there is something to the kid...Heart . I agree with a pick but I don't want to give up the rest of the Draft.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back