PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats need to take out the Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously want them to destroy the Jets. First for all the week two bluster, second, to see what stage "Wrecks" goes through after crying....

Oh, and I'm going to edit my post to add this amusing little nugget I found on espn's power rankings regarding the Jets.

"Things are so bad for the Jets nowadays they can't even let Maurice Jones-Drew score when they want."

Last edited:
I can only hope that BB and the team doesn't look at the Jets as merely a "bump in the road". If they do, we're going to get our asses kicked. But I do agree with the general feeling of this thread.

tumblr_kr0ylbaEhb1qa6k3io1_500.jpg

You honestly think BB is going to overlook his next opponent? ;)

tumblr_kr0ylbaEhb1qa6k3io1_500.jpg

You honestly think BB is going to overlook his next opponent? ;)

Of course not.

Here's what I think will happen:

1. Everone will get a large dish oh humble pie, including BB.

2. The team will rally round the coach and adopt an "us vs. the world" mentality like we did after Spygate.

3. They will play the rest of the season one game at a time, but with fists of fury, stomping on the rest of the NFL remorselessly and not taking any prisoners. No more 2nd half collapses.

One game atta time. Right now lets focus on Rats. This is a HUGE game for us in division. After Monday morning then it's Saints Etc Etc Etc. Like Junior Seau just said on Daily News Live here in NY, Colts game is behind them. Their focusing now on Jets. I'm looking for a BLOW OUT 41-17 Pats.

Going to be a hard game for both of our teams, I know payton has pulled 1/2 of our defense/offense out and is only playing second string for the rams and bucs. Moore could have played 2 weeks ago, and payton is rotating allot.
Seems sean Payton has this game highlighted on his calendar, like the Giant game.

We have a secondary talented enough to press quality NFL receivers. If we go back to that same prevent nonsense against the Jets, we'll lose the game or be in another unwelcoming nailbiter. Can you believe we are only one game ahead of the Texans?

At beginning of this season there were so many changes with our D & Seymour& others being traded, Harrison retiring and remember Brady was out a whole yr plus rehab and coming back rusty. Not mention another coaching change for head coach job. No excuses but our schedule as well. Hey we beat falcons when they were considered a top team. We beat Ravens when everyone said we get spanked. We gradually getting there. D will get better.

First and foremost, the Pats will not take the Jets lightly because the Jets beat them in week 2. I don't care what their record is, you want to repay the favor.

Regarding the Saints, I don't know if they'll win, but they certainly should. In fact, the Saints don't have any speed rushers that can kill drives like Mathis and Freeney. Will Smith and Charles Grant should match up well with Vollmer and Kaczur. On the other hand, the Pats don't have anybody to get to Brees. In the end, the game basically comes down to whoever limits their mistakes the most.

First and foremost, the Pats will not take the Jets lightly because the Jets beat them in week 2. I don't care what their record is, you want to repay the favor.

Regarding the Saints, I don't know if they'll win, but they certainly should. In fact, the Saints don't have any speed rushers that can kill drives like Mathis and Freeney. Will Smith and Charles Grant should match up well with Vollmer and Kaczur. On the other hand, the Pats don't have anybody to get to Brees. In the end, the game basically comes down to whoever limits their mistakes the most.

Ellis , fujita, shaper, greer will be back for this game. And I kind of agree with you we are not a speed rusher defense, we want to contain and take the ball away. GW wants the ball back more than sacks, so we tend to play off the passing games and give confusing looks to snag the ball, which has worked pretty well.

I can't disagree more.

1) The jets and miami games are the entries to the playoffs. They are not bumps in the road.
2) The NO game is important only insofar as it affects whether we have a bye. The Houston game will be more important, as well as the division games.
3) I don't care whether we beat NO in the regular season any more than I cared whether we beat the greatest show on turf. What matters is whether we win in the postseason, when it counts.
4) That being said, we should be able to beat any NFC team.

Screw the Jets their just a lil road bump in the way, the Pats need to handle business against N.O on Monday night. Ill feel a lot more comfortable heading into the late season and hopefully playoffs knowing we beat one of the two elite teams we faced during the regular season.

Thoughts?

This Pats team is way different from Game I went to in week 2. With Welker back & our D getting better. Sanchez is clueless. By half time I See Wrecks Ryan Cryin & Sanchez Signals are for hot dog vendor.

1) The jets and miami games are the entries to the playoffs. They are not bumps in the road.
2) The NO game is important only insofar as it affects whether we have a bye. The Houston game will be more important, as well as the division games.
3) I don't care whether we beat NO in the regular season any more than I cared whether we beat the greatest show on turf. What matters is whether we win in the postseason, when it counts.
4) That being said, we should be able to beat any NFC team.

I agree.
Beat the Rats anf Fish and we win the division. That's the 1st goal.
Most will already agree we can play with the best and we lose when we BEAT OURSELVES.

I'd be happy for us to win out in the division starting with the Jets this week as that's what is most important, however the Pats need to be a god team on the road. Beating up on average teams isn't going to get it done in January and February.

If anything, a win on the road for the team against the Saints will have an impact on the psyche of the players.

Um, No, No. more like, the SAINTS will take down the Patriots..

That's more like it... Remember this:

Brees, Colston, Meachem, Bush, PT, Bell, Moore, Shockey, Henderson

vs.

Brady, Faulk, Welker, Moss....

that's all you got? :singing: :singing::singing:

should be a great game all around...nail biter!

Last edited:

vs.

I dunno if you've noticed much at all champ, but Brees general level of quarterbacking hasn't been the same as early in the season. As a matter of fact, it's quite possible his hot streak has or is coming to an end. He's playing a little more earthly now, with good performances punctuated with OK performances and he's turning the ball over on a more frequent basis.

I don't think Brees shreds us like Manning did. That said, it should be another cracker of a game.

Last edited:
I dunno if you've noticed much at all champ, but Brees general level of quarterbacking hasn't been the same as early in the season. As a matter of fact, it's quite possible his hot streak has or is coming to an end. He's playing a little more earthly now, with good performances punctuated with OK performances and he's turning the ball over on a more frequent basis.

I don't think Brees shreds us like Manning did. That said, it should be another cracker of a game.

To be honest I wouldn't call it a hot streak. Seems to me that Brees has always been a great QB.

vs.

They have more than that stud. Like thier front line ranked #3. They dont have as many weapons on offense, but this is BB and a seasoned team. This is going to be a hard game for N.O.Who cares about brady when it comes to N.E. , they win as a team. and win they have. We have 1 championship. These guys just beat the colts and lost because of a bad placement of the catch. If they can beat the colts they can beat us.

Last edited:
To be honest I wouldn't call it a hot streak. Seems to me that Brees has always been a great QB.

agree Brees might throw 3 ints but he will still sling it all game and come back.

Funny thing is only one other team has done 13 turnovers in November, " the greatest show on turf" rams that got the SB. Same amount 4 games won all 4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back