PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Get K Gostkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
This is the kicker I wanted. Just not this high.... wow, where's my defense??!? :D

Where indeed!! How this guy doesn't go to baseball but i'm sure the checked that out.

All the months of study going into this draft and I've been BB'ed again.

Not arguing with the choices- all solid good players that fit a need- but I had this as a defensive draft and as usual, I've been BB'ed again.

I still have a warm spot for gramatica since he killed adam and all

This is a great pick. I live in Memphis and have seen him play many times. I was hoping the Pats would take him. A great character guy with a strong leg. Will be our kicker for years. You have just seen the position of our opposing teams offense start at the 15-22 yard line alot.

PATSNUTme said:
Where indeed!! How this guy doesn't go to baseball but i'm sure the checked that out.

All the months of study going into this draft and I've been BB'ed again.

Not arguing with the choices- all solid good players that fit a need- but I had this as a defensive draft and as usual, I've been BB'ed again.

Nut, where exactly do I sign up to get BB'ed?? ;)

I love that he outsmarts everyone!

JoeSixPat said:
4th round - 1st K taken - surprises me somewhat - I think the next K might not come off the board until the 6th round

I think those who think that Beoli have a high degree of faith in Gramatica should rethink that now

I took a lot of flack from people who lambasted my suggestion that we had needs at WR and K - - the Cows have certainly come home to Roost, now haven't they

Nice picks,

although you shouldnt count your cattle before they hatch.

NM

BelichickFan said:
To take him this high, he must have been the only kicker we really liked and didn't want to risk losing him.
I agree...

BelichickFan said:
To take him this high, he must have been the only kicker we really liked and didn't want to risk losing him.
I also wouldn't be shocked if we take Huston later and let the three of these guys wage a battle in camp.

lutontown_fc said:
Nice picks,

although you shouldnt count your cattle before they hatch.

NM

Actually the only correct "pick" I made was Jackson - and even though they clearly had very high interest in him, the fact is he wasn't their first pick

In no way did I see them going for a K in the 4th round - I was simply stating the obvious in that there is a need at K

Seymour93 said:
Over the course of his career, the majority of his kickoffs landed at or beyond the opposing team's 5-yard line.

Thanks..................
Of course, college kickoffs come from the 35 yard line, pro fron the 30.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Of course, college kickoffs come from the 35 yard line, pro fron the 30.

Memphis Tigers fan here. Just thought I would try to answer a few questions you may have.

Gotti consistently kicked the ball through the endzone his senior season. He did not kick off his junior year, only FG's and PAT's.

His first year with us he was extremely rough around the edges. He worked extremely hard every year and has gotten consistently better each season. He has a very strong leg. Some of his longer kicks would have been good from 10-15 yds further back.

His only down side has been accuracy, but he's gotten better with that each year. His senior season, he was almost automatic. I think you guys got a good one, but I've got my blue shades on, so what do I know?:cool:

Last edited:
bluetiger said:
Memphis Tigers fan here. Just thought I would try to answer a few questions you may have.

Gotti consistently kicked the ball through the endzone his senior season. He did not kick off his junior year, only FG's and PAT's.

His first year with us he was extremely rough around the edges. He worked extremely hard every year and has gotten consistently better each season. He has a very strong leg. Some of his longer kicks would have been good from 10-15 yds further back.

His only down side has been accuracy, but he's gotten better with that each year. His senior season, he was almost automatic. I think you guys got a good one, but I've got my blue shades on, so what do I know?:cool:

Appreciate the input, BlueTiger..... We definately need a kicker and hope this kid fills the bill....:rocker:

bluetiger said:

Thanks for the details. I now know infinitely more about our new kicker than I did about Vinatieri when he came in. By the way, his nickname is Gotti? I would have thought his perfect built in nickname would prevail (the Ghost). Maybe the Golden Gophers already had a "Ghost" from the past?

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Seymour93 lives in Oklahoma by the way...

Why would I live in that ****hole?

Hopefully at the end of training camp, Marty G will be back on the streets.

Ok, I see my mistake, Vinatraitor was from SOUTH Dakota, lol, like there's really a big difference.

Seymour93 said:
Why would I live in that ****hole?

I say they same thing about Texas. At least we didn't produce Dubya.

So does this mean that Janikowski is gonna be cut? Or will J-ski and G-ski be fighting it out in camp? Maybe I should have waited before ordering my authentic Janikowski jersey. :)

EDIT: I meant Gramatica. Janikowski, Gramatica....same thing.

Last edited:

Sey's hometown is definitely in Texas, albeit North Texas. Oklahoma is the place named after a musical, Texas is named after a chocolate bar from the 70s (from the UK). Shame they don't do them any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe