PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans not living in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it too,mostly from the Dolphins fans,who I inform they still suck,and will still lose to use,even without Tom.Remember though,its only a matter of time before every team is hit with a major injury to an impact player...what goes around comes around....

Right outside indy country so yes I have heard my fair share of crap form them.

I'm another WA state fan. All the granola crunching, peace loving hippies over here don't like to see anyone get hurt so, no, I haven't received any flak.

I live in Jets country.....luckily Im a bigger guy and jets fans are b**ches so I havent had to deal with much....

My best friend is a Jets fan so as long as we deal with that this weekend Ill be ok...but man...how sad...

I'm in PA, and all I got yesterday at work were sympathetic looks and words from the Eagles fans , Steelers fans, and the one Cowboys fan here. People aren't all bad, and I definitely think the morons are the ones that post on the internet boards. Although I am certainly glad I wasn't out at the bar like normal watching the game on Sunday, I'm sure some idiots would be cheering and I might have lost it.

I love this post by a Jags poster:

"Is the Lombardi Trophy going to come with a disclaimer engraved on it this season?

Disclaimer: Though your team won the Super Bowl, most of what you accomplished this season was facilitated by the fact the Tom Brady was injured."

And the way other fans are acting... its so true.

Brady should be presenter of the Lombardi at this year's Super Bowl.

So I am a Patriot fan living in Dallas and I have dealt with my fair share of major league d-bags. Tonight I was out at the bar and couldn't believe listening to damn near everyone saying that Brady's injury was karma for running up the score last year and that they are happy he is out for the season.

Unbelievable. Cowboy fans truly make me sick.

I am just curious if other Patriots fans that post here who live outside of New England have talked with similar people who are happy that Brady is hurt or is Dallas just full of jerks?

I am a life long Patriots fan (41 years) that was born and raised in south Florida. I lived thru the Grogan and Plunkett era, lived thru the doormat of the NFL era and I will live thru this. :D

I too have heard the talk around here. Now that I live in Tennessee, it seems as it isn't so bad. Most football fans around here are Titans fans and so far, Vince Young hasn't lived up to his hipe. I have heard the occasional "karma" excuse and how they aren't going any where this year. :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope they (Belichick) sticks with Cassel. He has been around long enough that he knows the system inside and out. The only way he's going to get better is repetition and snaps with first team.

Go Patriots.

Richard

I live in Spain :D

Here in Redskin country the local sports talk idiot was saying "let's see how good Bellicheat is without Brady and his spy cameras.."

Too bad we're not playing them this year.
I loved the drubbing we put on the Skins last year.

Fools like this make politicians look smart by comparison.

Here in Redskin country the local sports talk idiot was saying "let's see how good Bellicheat is without Brady and his spy cameras.."

Too bad we're not playing them this year.
I loved the drubbing we put on the Skins last year.

Fools like this make politicians look smart by comparison.

We dont have any more "sports journalists" in this country any more....IE....ESPN....FOX....CBS..Herald...and so on...this whole situation proves it that we as a country have gone from being reporters of the sporting news...to reporters of the media frenzy sporting news...what will sell a story news...

I don't know yet, since today will be my first day back at work since Sunday. But, my co-workers have been 99% supportive in the past (I live in Dallas Cowboy land of Texas). What surprised me last night while watching David Letterman (which of course tapes in NY), was when Dave mentioned Tom getting injured, his audience did NOT cheer--which I assumed they would. There was just sort of a hushed tone and oohs and aahs heard.

People are douchbags.

Have heard from some Eagles fans that are none to sad about seeing Brady out for the year. However, even after a big first week win, it seems they are just as upset that it wasn't their own qb that is going to IR for the year. Philly sports fans, truly a different breed.

Last edited:
Well, most of the people I know don't follow football. Although my Boss is a Pats fan. ;)

I don't go out to bars to watch games, I learned during last year's Superbowl I'd rather watch it alone, so I got me a 55" TV. :D

I haven't had any problems, myself. Everyone that walked into my office started it off with a "Sorry about Brady, man. That sucks."

Of course, it could be that they just don't want to piss off the LAN guy. :)

I'm down here in North Carolina....LOTS of Steeler fans...no real negative's yet..but the hate for the Pats has always been palpable. I'll see on Sunday when I head to the usually Steeler fan dominated bar to watch.

Sieglo....LOL I couldn't agree more....

Last edited:
People are douchbags.

SO true.

db.jpg

I'm living in Tucson and get this attitude all the time. I just shrug it off as jealousy.

Jacob

Living in Orlando....

Was at my usual sports bar sunday and when someone yelled out "Brady's Hurt!" The place erupted into cheers...Mostly led by Jets and Steelers fans.

Right after that, the majority of the bar began singing "Na na na na....Hey, hey....goodbye!"

I had to be restrained by my friends and quickly reminded that "we are way outnumbered here".

The hate I have right now for football fans who cheer someone getting badly hurt is boiling.

Chicagoland has been supportive and understanding. My Steeler friends are happy their MAJOR OBSTACLE is weakened...but not one is rejoicing the actual injury.
If Peyton or LT goes down, I would not feel too bad either. It's competition and I can understand the other fans' point of view. Ten years from now no one will care that Jacksonville/Pittsburgh/Indy/etc won a SB in a year the Pats were weakened. The only Champs that get that asterisk are the Houston Rockets who won 2 championships only because MJ was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News