PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans not living in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on Long Island. Not only do I have to deal with Giants fans rubbing last years SB in my face, but I have to deal with the Jets fans. Jets fans are a special breed. THE ABSOLUTE WORST FANS IN THE WORLD. Anyways, on my fantasy football league board with all my buddies from HS, they were saying "loved it" and the "football gods did justice." Obviously I went berzerk. There are classless people in this world.

Im going to the game in the MEadowlands this Sunday, It woudl be SOOOOO amazing to whoop their ***es without Brady. KEEP THE FAITH BOYS

I had to be restrained by my friends and quickly reminded that "we are way outnumbered here".

The hate I have right now for football fans who cheer someone getting badly hurt is boiling.

Kudo's for keeping your cool bro. Jet's Steelers...that's about the bottom of the barrel for me. I actually hate Steeler fans more than Yankee fans.

I'm from Denmark, and even over here I got like 10 messages on monday morning! And not one was "sorry to hear about Brady". All was about how we deserved it. The last time my friends wanted to talk football was after the SB, and now there at it again. Haters all of them.
Gonna be strange not seeing Tom on sunday, and it sucks even more cause thats the game their airing on sunday. Im used to watching the Pats on some bad streaming.

So I am a Patriot fan living in Dallas and I have dealt with my fair share of major league d-bags. Tonight I was out at the bar and couldn't believe listening to damn near everyone saying that Brady's injury was karma for running up the score last year and that they are happy he is out for the season.

Unbelievable. Cowboy fans truly make me sick.

I am just curious if other Patriots fans that post here who live outside of New England have talked with similar people who are happy that Brady is hurt or is Dallas just full of jerks?

I live in Manhattan. I had to live through a night of mother loving horns honking on the goshdarn streets outside my window after the SB last year. I live with obnoxious Jets fans every day (the Giants seem to have a much more civilized fanbase, as measured by their smaller proportion of fans vomiting outside the Bars on Second Avenue on Sundays).

Here's how I've dealt with it. I just sent the following e-mail to a good friend of mine:

"Pats—Jets. Sunday. Meadowlands.

"Straight-up. Win/Lose bet. The Pats win, you buy me dinner and “beverages” at a restaurant in Manhattan of my choosing in the next two weeks. The Jets win, I do the same for you.

"No “the spread is this” or “the spread is that” [baloney].

"Do you believe that your Jets...can beat my Patriots...without Tom Brady?

"Yes or No. I still believe in my guys and I’m willing to put a couplof hundred bucks behind it. Put up or shut up."

I live with obnoxious Jets fans every day (the Giants seem to have a much more civilized fanbase, as measured by their smaller proportion of fans vomiting outside the Bars on Second Avenue on Sundays).

I burst out laughing in my office reading that.....

The sad part is I can actually picture it.

I live in DC and I haven't heard anything too bad. I think people here are more concerned that the Redskins suck in a great division to worry about talking smack to me. Besides, there's no chance they'd invoke karma, since 100% of them seem to be convincing themselves that last year's smackdown never happened (although the fact that I have the sports page of the Post from that Monday hanging in my office probably doesn't help them).

I hope all these fans of other teams reailze that Brady isnt dead. He will be back.

Naturally, Pittsburgh is a center of this type of behavior.

My response

"Hey, the Steelers actually have a chance come December"

"Do you really think the Steelers can beat our backups?"

" Well, he wasn't on a motor scooter"

"Yeah, this injury sucks. Your team is?...... Hey how are they doing?"

"Maybe it's for the best, I have seen too many Pats victories at Heinz Field"

"I enjoy competitive football, maybe it's better our backups do play."

I live in KC

Thus far, locals and transplants have been pretty classy. The week is still young though. I dont want to go to jail or be sued, but I'm pretty pixxed there was no fine levied against Pollard for that hit. Thats BS.

The Chiefs are really crowing it up at going toe - to - toe with the 07 AFC Champs. In a game that was suppose to be a blowout, KC had a shot to win. Like Brady leaving had no bearing on the outcome.

Also, KC WR's are whining about being held and PI. NE should have been called for a saftey too. Gonzalez says there is some truth to the NFL wanting NE to win.

I watched the game with a few Chiefs fans and none of them celebrated, in fact they were all pretty good guys. There were some Bills fans who cheered in the other room though.

I watched the game at my usual bar with fans of various teams. Nobody cheered, laughed or snickered when Brady went down. Most of the fans muttered things like, "Oh my! That looked awful," or "There goes NE's season." A Cowboys fan I work with came to me yesterday morning and said, "Sorry, man.", fully expecting me to know what he was talking about (and he was right).

Regards,
Chris

I'm in Atlanta, and I'm on the verge of distributing beatings. The hate is unreal.

If you need some back let me know. I don't live that far away from ATL.

Pats are/were the top dog, everyone wants to see them go down regardless of the conference. And don't forget spygate pretty much turned a lot of fans off on the pats.

Here's one for the "I didn't expect that" category. I took my son to the Eagles-Rams game at the Linc here in Philly. When word spread of Brady's injury and reports that it was a season-ending ACL, almost all were sympathetic having seen McNabb go down more than a few times. None of the classless stuff we've seen elsewhere. I sure part of it was being in a different conference and I'm sure the repsonse would have been ddiiferent had it been a Giant or a Cowboy.....Part of it is the respect ( envy) the fans feel towards the Pats.

Live near San Diego. I have never hated Californians more than I do right now.

While the Jags may not have the strongest fan base (numbers wise) in the NFL, I've got to say they are definitely one of the classiest. They are telling me how sorry they are to see Brady go down and wish nothing but good luck in his return.

Now the Miami fans that are here in Jax are effin jerks!

Born and raised in Mass, but I live in Illinois now. The fans have been pretty good about it here.

Here in IL everyone's been pretty indifferent. Most have only had nice words to say, but the ones who try to joke about it with me find out real quick I dont find it funny. I really wasnt in the mood getting text messages and emails from friends, especially since I never rub it in there face when the Pats win. I suspect most ppl around here are excited at the baseball season and so the NFL season is primarily their focus. I think most ppl were shocked and realize this is a big loss, but since it doesnt directly effect their team they're not too concerned.

Last edited:
I've spent the last couple days wading through the Fox Sports cesspool. Most of these people would need a drastic increase in intelligence to become morons.

That being said, I live in Maryland ('Skins and Ravens fans). 'Skins fans would never say a word because of the Joe Theisman factor. I work in Baltimore, and haven't heard a word yet from any of the Ravens' fans I work with other then "that really sucks". I do work with another transplanted New Englander, though, so having somebody on the inside that's so close helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes