PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fans not living in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this post by a Jags poster:

"Is the Lombardi Trophy going to come with a disclaimer engraved on it this season?

Disclaimer: Though your team won the Super Bowl, most of what you accomplished this season was facilitated by the fact the Tom Brady was injured."

And the way other fans are acting... its so true.

yeah.....everyone was screaming about an * last year, well I want the AFC Champs to have one this year.

there will be no * when we are the ones that will be holding it

You know life is interesting when Vikings and Titans fans here in Australis are ringing you to say Pollard's tackle was dirty and they feel robbed that Brady isn't playing to watch greatness.

My thoughts are, the D will step up, the run game will solidify and we may perhaps be the most explosive, talented team ever in 2009. For the while, let's wait and out see what the 2008 season holds for the Pats.

Then they realise we're still better than them!

Last edited:
I go to School in Buffalo.... It's bad....

i live in london, so i rarely have to deal with people insulting the pats, though there is the occasional news story about how the patriots "deserve" the injury and SB42 loss

Just have to throw in a plug that the Pats will need our fan support on the road more than ever. If you can make it to a road game, join the Patriots Tailgate Yahoo Group in my sig below. For some games we can even help you get tickets and whether you already have them or not, we'll be having having huge tailgate parties that every Pats fan is invited to attend.

PM me with any questions though most of them can be answered by just joining the group.

Nobody knows who Tom Brady is round my way so I don't get it, but I can still read and some comments on articles, especially from NY p!ss me off no end.

No responsible man "deserves" injury. People need to get some perspective and seperate a stupid football rivalry with real life.

Well, the Charger fans here are fairly sympathetic in a sarcastic way (concealing their contempt)... The Raider fans are bitter haters, understandably so, their entire team is crap.

As I just mentioned to ScottieC, it's nice for me that no one here cares about the NFL. But, there was a big article in the Shanghai Daily today about Brady's injury. It was bizarre. If you have any questions about the global celebrity of our Tommy Boy, that should answer it.

Other than that I'm getting alot of friendly condolences from my friends back home, Pats fans and non-fans alike.

In North Carolina people have been pretty cool, sympathetic.

Dallas fans are the biggest bunch of deuchebags on the planet. If I had to choose firing a rocket into Bin Ladin's cave versus a nest of annoying Cowboy's fans, I'd have to take a breather to think about it....

:explative

Well I have had some grief, and on the Revolution forum, the topic starts with
'That's A Pity', and the next topic from our DT, 'Good!'. I didn't like him to start with, I know hate him. And another post said 'Good. I HATE the Patriots', he is a Dallas fan!

Yet, the one person I expected it from was my Jets friend. Who actually said he first thought 'brilliant for the Jets', but then said 'it's a huge shame for the whole NFL, to lose a player like that'. Helps that he is a QB, and just appreciates how awesome Brady is.

I got the same type of response here from 2 Colt fans, the others were cool and recognized it could happen to their QB at any time.

I work unfortunately in NYC....no need to explain what they are saying...

i'm a student in albany. my physics professor has banned any talk of tom brady's injury, so i'm good there.

i'm expecting some smack today.

I live in NYC

There are a lot of people here from Mass

You should have seen all the red sox gear around town after the ALCS in '04

The Brady story ran very high on the BBC sports website here yesterday, which tells you something about how international his celebrity is. Usually the Superbowl is the only NFL story deemed worthy of such a high slot.

After my initial feelings of grief (it was that strong) began to fade a little, I then felt some relief that I made my trip from the UK to see the Patriots last year rather than this. I had long wanted to go to Foxboro to see this dynasty team in action (my previous visit was 1989) and I felt privileged to see Brady, Moss, Bruschi etc while they were all together and still in prime.

I'd feel desperately disappointed if I had a trip booked right now, although part of me wants to get the next plane to NY and get into the Meadowlands proudly wearing a Cassel jersey next weekend.

So I am a Patriot fan living in Dallas and I have dealt with my fair share of major league d-bags. Tonight I was out at the bar and couldn't believe listening to damn near everyone saying that Brady's injury was karma for running up the score last year and that they are happy he is out for the season.

Unbelievable. Cowboy fans truly make me sick.

I am just curious if other Patriots fans that post here who live outside of New England have talked with similar people who are happy that Brady is hurt or is Dallas just full of jerks?

I'm in Atlanta, and I'm on the verge of distributing beatings. The hate is unreal.

In North Carolina people have been pretty cool, sympathetic.

Dallas fans are the biggest bunch of deuchebags on the planet. If I had to choose firing a rocket into Bin Ladin's cave versus a nest of annoying Cowboy's fans, I'd have to take a breather to think about it....

:explative

I also live in NC and have had nothing but good thoughts and sympathy come my way. Carolina fans know how it feels after they lost Delhomme last year after the third game of the season

I live in Southern Ontario, Canada, so the fans here root for all different teams. Unamazingly, despite proximity, I don't know any Detroit fans.

Anyway, I have one buddy who was supposedly a Packers fan 4 life who now a Jets fan. He actually came over from his place to sit on my couch right after Brady went down (in his Favre jersey) and gloat. He predicted Brady would get hurt this year.

Yesterday he pulled up out front to gloat more when it was official. He's coming over to watch the game on Sunday. Should be ugly, heh.

Anyway, I'm not bothered by the celebrating. It's people blatantly admitting that removing our QB from the equation was the only real chance their team had to win. I think it spins back on them looking more pathetic.

If I had one wish, it's that AD, Mayo and Vrabel put Favre on his arse so many times he re-retires. Is that too much to ask? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down