Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pats fans not living in New England

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thechris, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So I am a Patriot fan living in Dallas and I have dealt with my fair share of major league d-bags. Tonight I was out at the bar and couldn't believe listening to damn near everyone saying that Brady's injury was karma for running up the score last year and that they are happy he is out for the season.

Unbelievable. Cowboy fans truly make me sick.

I am just curious if other Patriots fans that post here who live outside of New England have talked with similar people who are happy that Brady is hurt or is Dallas just full of jerks?
  2. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

I also live in the Dallas area and have to agree with you about the Cowboys fans being bad.

But many fans of opposing teams are just as ignorant as the Dallas folks. Its because they are all jealous that their teams haven't done squat or have had the championships handed to them ala the Steelers and Colts.
  3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Go read the post about the Steelers fan selling Bernard Pollard wiping out Brady shirts and it will answer your question....
  4. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Luckily the Bucs lost yesterday so people in work were strangely quiet. There is one smarmy little worm who I was waiting to say something stupid to me all day. He couldn't wait to waddle his fat ass over to my desk after the Super Bowl. Fortunately for his sake he stayed away from me today. I was expecting some crap but didn't hear anything.

Its rough sometimes going through DFS, displaced fan syndrome LOL. I commiserated with one woman at work when she asked me why I was so quiet today and she said she was sorry about what happened because she will miss Brady's butt. I guess that is about as good as I could have expected. :D
  5. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Been reading it on Buffalobills.com all day. True morons.
  6. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Nope, it isnt just Dallas fans. Here in Nashville, I get razzed pretty good every weekend. This weekend should be especially interesting. I will definately take the stage wearing my Brady jersey, and god help any Titan fan who makes a comment about Brady, and karma. :mad:
  7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I saw a few threads on billszone.com where most agreed they cheered when Brady was hurt. I expected that from Jets fans, but I thought Bills fans were better than that.
  8. Schmo

Schmo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah same here.

Broncos fans = Douchebags
  9. Ronin

Ronin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I live in Vegas now and hear it from Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Cowboys and even 49ers fans all day at work. Even at my work (I think it is my boss who is a Giant's fan) put a big red X over my framed Tom Brady picture in my office. Everyone is happy and that is sad.... I even turned off my phone due to all the text and voice mail messages............people are pathetic!
  10. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I lived in seattle for a long time and most all of my friends there seemed to be genuinely sympathetic, pretty much saying it really sucks to lose a player like that in the prime of his career and that it really does suck for the NFL to lose a star player like Brady. Same with a lot of Jag friends of mine.

Not all opposing fans are db's, but there are quite a few. Unfortunately, as in most everything else in life, the minority are much more vocal than the majority. But you'll probably notice on most other teams msg boards, even tho there are some dicks cheering this injury, there are even more telling them to stfu. Unless you visit the jets/bills msg board that is lol.
  11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

For the most part, everyone in Jacksonville has been pretty classy about it so far. I've only received good natured ribbings from friends and condolences from everyone else.
  12. Boston Jay

Boston Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I live in Miami.. what did you expect really?

Although the thought of losing the division to the Favre + 52s is making them slightly ill lol.
  13. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Don't worry, these people will get to see what karma really is when a Brady-less Patriots still kicks their ass.
  14. The 12th Man

The 12th Man Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm from Washington State and know quite a bit of haters myself. But there are also quite a bit of people saying that it sucks to lose a guy like that. Maybe it's because Seattle is NFC and only play us once every 4 years and live all the way across the country. Anyway, I'm still excited about going to the game in Seattle on December 7 and root for our Pats with pride.
  15. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

it is every fan base in the nfl. if there is a sports team there is sure to be a moron and a jackass
  16. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Haha. I like the way you think!
  17. Boston Jay

Boston Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I mean I get the 15 AFC teams' fans cheering but someone like a Cards or Lions fan cheering is a big WTF.

When the hell do the Pats see them? Like once every four years? Please.
  18. GrogansArmy

GrogansArmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Pats are/were the top dog, everyone wants to see them go down regardless of the conference. And don't forget spygate pretty much turned a lot of fans off on the pats.
  19. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

just read this on the bills fan site

Just went on to ESPN.com and the have a video of Steve Young and Mort talking about the Brady injury, saying that it is a big lose for the team and the league, GIVE ME A BREAK!!! This is the best thing to happen to the league in years. Everyone is happy to see him get hurt, except Pat's fans. The AFC Champion title is now up for grabs

there is no shortage of dumb sports fans
  20. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Personally-I've always admired Brady myself...his passion, attitude, leadership, and playmaking abilities he has brought to the game will live on for many, many years to come.

When he went down, my heart lumped into my throat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.