PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Bears (10/26) Bedard film review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Bedard stated that if he had to choose one or the other for a "must win" CB situation, he'd definitely choose Talib over Revis. He made this comment either last week or the week before.

He also included the fact that Talib's injury history made it more difficult for him to choose, though.

After seeing revis play very well vs the bears...their WEs are no slouches..not sure I agree with this anymore.

Didn't he also say if he were the pats he would start **** with talib to thrown him off his game or that he can be altered by getting in his head? That should be taken into account as well when choosing 1 must win CB...especially if the WR can get under his skin.

Last edited:
After seeing revis play very well vs the bears...their WEs are no slouches..not sure I agree with this anymore.

Didn't he also say if he were the pats he would start **** with talib to thrown him off his game or that he can be altered by getting in his head? That should be taken into account as well when choosing 1 must win QB..especially if the WR can get under his skin.

My quote from Bedard came either last week or the one before that, so he wasn't discussing the DEN game just yet.

Very valid point about trying to throw him off his game early like Steve Smith did, although I'm not exactly sure who we have that might do that? As much as you and I didn't particularly care for the (long term) approach of bringing in VJax, he'd have been a great candidate to do so. Then again, he'd probably be far from playing much, if any snaps at all.

I doubt that LaFell is the guy who will battle toe to toe with Talib, but one never knows. He's certainly been more physical than we thought. I still don't see anyone who'd be able to do that like Smith did last year though.

My quote from Bedard came either last week or the one before that, so he wasn't discussing the DEN game just yet.

Very valid point about trying to throw him off his game early like Steve Smith did, although I'm not exactly sure who we have that might do that?

Only guy I can think of at WR is Edelman..he can be pretty intense sometimes and get pumped up out there and yap a bit. But I think Talib might be on Lafell

Only guy I can think of at WR is Edelman..he can be pretty intense sometimes and get pumped up out there and yap a bit. But I think Talib might be on Lafell

Yeah, I added on to my last response regarding LaFell the more I thought about it, but I'm not too sure that he could play that kind of role.

Sadly, I don't see us using Bedard's advice, simply b/c I don't see anyone on the roster who could really do that effectively.

Well then, since the Pats have no chance to win this one, I'll go get my hair and nails done. The game will be over by then.

The Hair/Nail place doesn't have a big screen TV on the wall with the Patriot game on??? I suggest you find a different nail/hair place, that one can't be good :)

Didn't he also say if he were the pats he would start **** with talib to thrown him off his game or that he can be altered by getting in his head? That should be taken into account as well when choosing 1 must win CB...especially if the WR can get under his skin.
Talib had the opportunity to start in two must wins over the past 2 years. He did SFA in both.

I'm a fan of what Talib brought to New England but he's not going to match what Revis is going to do for us.

Talib had the opportunity to start in two must wins over the past 2 years. He did SFA in both.

I'm a fan of what Talib brought to New England but he's not going to match what Revis is going to do for us.

The biggest game of his life in the 2012 AFCCG. Imagine how difficult it'd have been to live through that offseason, at least for MOST people, knowing that you didn't get the chance to play in the one game that you've waited your whole life for.

Then.....you finally get another chance!

And the same exact thing happens. Pathetic. One of the biggest reasons why I never really cared for him.

The biggest game of his life in the 2012 AFCCG. Imagine how difficult it'd have been to live through that offseason, at least for MOST people, knowing that you didn't get the chance to play in the one game that you've waited your whole life for.

Then.....you finally get another chance!

And the same exact thing happens. Pathetic. One of the biggest reasons why I never really cared for him.

I loved his attitude and what he brought to the D. But not healthy and the biggest moment killed us. We don't have to worry about revis in regard to this. Plus I think we have a better shot at keeping revis then we did with talib.

I will personally always have a soft spot for Talib, for the toughness and attitude that be brought to the secondary, and because his acquisition (along with McCourty's move to FS) stopped the hemorrhaging in a unit that was historically bad. People forget how bad the secondary was at this time 2 years ago. But I'll take Revis, any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST