PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is 0-0 without BB

Wonder what his record would have been if he was drafted by the Lions

Easley, we hardly knew you...

The only consolation is that the players taken after him haven't set the world on fire right?
Rd1
S Jimmie Ward
CB Roby Bradley
QB Ted Bridgewater
Rd2
DE Demarcus Lawrence
DT Rashede Hageman
DE Stephon Tuitt
DT Ego Ferguson
DE Kony Ealy

Personally I was hoping for one of Hageman or Tuitt. But how did they turn out?
2015 Hageman 12 Games Started, 27 tackles, 1 sack
2015 Tuitt 14 games started 54 tackles 6.5 sacks

Hmmm, I guess if we had taken Tuitt, we would have had an impact defensive lineman and only paid a second rounder salary. Hindsight is 20/20, but looks like one of the guys I wanted would have panned out over the undersized, and recently cut Easley.

Oooh shoot, just took a look at Demarcus Lawrence:
13 Games Started 55 tackles 8 sacks

Kony Ealy:
9 starts, 32 tackles, 5 sacks

Looks like that was a signficant swing and a miss, we could have had Lawrence, Tuitt, or Ealy instead of Easley.

Wow, you are really opening up to us triumph. First the picture of your tattoo and now a profile picture. You should have cut the sleeves off so the tattoo would show.

Youve lost weight.

Easley, we hardly knew you...

The only consolation is that the players taken after him haven't set the world on fire right?
Rd1
S Jimmie Ward
CB Roby Bradley
QB Ted Bridgewater
Rd2
DE Demarcus Lawrence
DT Rashede Hageman
DE Stephon Tuitt
DT Ego Ferguson
DE Kony Ealy

Personally I was hoping for one of Hageman or Tuitt. But how did they turn out?
2015 Hageman 12 Games Started, 27 tackles, 1 sack
2015 Tuitt 14 games started 54 tackles 6.5 sacks

Hmmm, I guess if we had taken Tuitt, we would have had an impact defensive lineman and only paid a second rounder salary. Hindsight is 20/20, but looks like one of the guys I wanted would have panned out over the undersized, and recently cut Easley.

Oooh shoot, just took a look at Demarcus Lawrence:
13 Games Started 55 tackles 8 sacks

Kony Ealy:
9 starts, 32 tackles, 5 sacks

Looks like that was a signficant swing and a miss, we could have had Lawrence, Tuitt, or Ealy instead of Easley.

Ealy was every bit as dominant as Von Miller in the Super Bowl, in hindsight he'd be very nice to have around.

Many here believe that Lions would have averaged 10 wins.

That's assuming he ever got the chance to play......but he would have never been GOAT

It's a situation where several ingredients were necessary

Many here believe that Lions would have averaged 10 wins.
I don't. He may have had an ok career there but that franchise is a disaster.

There are some great players that can show up and be great with someone like me coaching them.

Some great players need the right environment, situation, support system, structure, mentoring, coaching and opportunities to extract the greatness from within so it sees the light of day.

IMO, with Tom is more the latter.

Last edited:
Hey it worked for OJ.....

If your only defense is to attack the cops, then you are guilty. NO is a sewer, one of the main reasons why people in the ninth Ward couldn't get help after Katrina is that they were shooting at the people who went in to help them.

I've had many a great time in the French Quarter, was there for a Pat's game, bowl game, and the Final Four my Sr. Year in college. BUT it has slowly crumbed into almost chaos outside of the French Quarter. NO has the highest per capita gun violence in the country (and most likely the world).

Well, I guess the one thing we've learned from this debacle, and hopefully BB has too, which is:

NO MORE PICKS FROM THE MEYER PROGRAM!

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah

Forget the he say she say.... He elected to not join the team for the SB. That's says enough about him for me.

Further more, there's a video floating around of Chandler Jones being fired up on the bench engaging with teammates keeping things alive and fiery ... And Dom totally distances himself from it and gives Jones a cold shoulder when asked a question (very aware that some players draw energy from within and don't need the 'rah rah' stuff) but now looking at the 'bigger picture' I can't help to think and agree with the reports that he just wasn't happy here and that's he a player whos looking for a few big checks and could careless about the Jersey he wears.

Forget the he say she say.... He elected to not join the team for the SB. That's says enough about him for me.

Further more, there's a video floating around of Chandler Jones being fired up on the bench engaging with teammates keeping things alive and fiery ... And Dom totally distances himself from it and gives Jones a cold shoulder when asked a question (very aware that some players draw energy from within and don't need the 'rah rah' stuff) but now looking at the 'bigger picture' I can't help to think and agree with the reports that he just wasn't happy here and that's he a player whos looking for a few big checks and could careless about the Jersey he wears.

Hey, yeah, I do remember that clip where Chandler was just getting the cold shoulder from Easley. I remember a lot of people thought it was because Chandler Jones annoyed his teammates, not that Easley was annoyed by his teammates. But this makes sense.

Hey, yeah, I do remember that clip where Chandler was just getting the cold shoulder from Easley. I remember a lot of people thought it was because Chandler Jones annoyed his teammates, not that Easley was annoyed by his teammates. But this makes sense.
Yeah.. Everyone else seemed to feed off of it...but Easley. Looking back I think the issue in that encounter was Easley. Strikes me as the employee who just shows up and does enough to get paid on Friday.

Yeah.. Everyone else seemed to feed off of it...but Easley. Looking back I think the issue in that encounter was Easley. Strikes me as the employee who just shows up and does enough to get paid on Friday.

Damn...I think I'm the Easley of my jobs. But I don't play for the Patriots. And neither does he.

When did Henson beat out Brady?
Brady had been the starter the year before, then when Henson came to Michigan he and Brady were platooned. So Brady lost his starting job.[/QUOTE]

This is often an argument used by Brady haters. It's not a good one.

Cassel inherited arguably the greatest offense of all time and a team that went 16-0 (18-1 total) the previous year.

They went 11-5 in 2008 and missed the playoffs. That's a difference of 7 wins.

The 2008 schedule was extremely weak as well. Only 3 of those 11 wins came against teams above .500. (2 of them being division wins against the Jets and Dolphins)

They had the #1 weakest schedule going into that season and #8 weakest after the season ended to adjust for the final records.

It's funny how you say it's often the argument used by Brady haters and claim it's not a good one..

Claiming they had the "#1 weakest schedule" going into the season and the #8 weakest after the season is the argument used by Patriots haters who are clueless about football. "Strength of Schedule" doesn't mean Jack. Why? Because it surmises an putcome without considering the direct bearing that the team in question had on the outcome.

Cassel did not inherit the greatest offense of all time. Why? Because he didn't inherit the 2007 team. The 2008 team was different. They running game only put up 2200 yards because of teams protecting against Moss and Welker. Maroney, who was their best running back during the 16-0 season, played all of 3 games. When Sammy Morris is your best running back, there's an issue. But, despite the fact they went from Brady to Cassel, that offense still put up over 6000 yards from scrimmage..
And please, just go on ignoring that Seau missed most of the year. As did Harrison. And Adalius Thomas missed 7 games.. And let's just ignore the fact that their starting CB opposite Hobbs was Deltha O'Neal and the reserves were Wilhite, Wheatley (who went from PUP to playing to IR), and Mike Richardson..

Most people look at things and can see that Cassel's career started going south when he left the Patriots and 90% of that is the coaching.

Putting the 7 less wins entirely on Cassel when there was far more going on is being disingenuous.

Brady had been the starter the year before, then when Henson came to Michigan he and Brady were platooned. So Brady lost his starting job.
Brady only "lost" his starting job because of the boosters insisting to Lloyd Carr that he play Henson. Henson NEVER beat Brady for anything. Don't let facts get in the way of your crusade..

Brady only "lost" his starting job because of the boosters insisting to Lloyd Carr that he play Henson. Henson NEVER beat Brady for anything. Don't let facts get in the way of your crusade..

Yep. I'm pretty sure that the entire Michigan program was worried that Henson would go and play baseball for the Yankees if they didn't play him, and even then, Brady still ended up starting many games and coming back to do well when re-inserted in the second half.

The bottom line is that it was a platoon system which we've seen in college plenty of times, so I don't really get why so many think that he lost his job to Drew Henson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back