PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Passing Offense With Amendola Will Be Just Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he can stay healthy this year...brady will make him look like a pro bowler in his first year

Did anyone see 07 happening after 06?

Nope but that doesn't mean people that get hurt are magically not going to get hurt in 2013. They need a few more receivers Donald Jones and Amendola do not inspire that much confidence. Amendola will be good, Jones is a jag.

Nope but that doesn't mean people that get hurt are magically not going to get hurt in 2013. They need a few more receivers Donald Jones and Amendola do not inspire that much confidence. Amendola will be good, Jones is a jag.

I don't think he is injury prone but so far yes you can say. All I am saying is we can be pleasantly surprised. I think amendola will play every game and so will gronk. One I really question is ahern, he just can't catch a break.

I have doubts as to whether or not Jones will even make the team. In the end he should as an improvement to the WR3-4 position, but in the meantime there will be at least several players battling it out with him for that spot, so he's no lock.

I think we get a decent addition in the vein of a Sanders or a Maclin etc..someone with a "name" and a reputation. That seems to be the plan.

There will almost definitely be a higher pick WR for the WR3-4 spot. We don't need him to be awesome, just someone like Tate was in 2010, a guy who can catch 25-30 passes in a developmental and field stretching role who can make a bigger play from time to time while keeping the attn of the DB's.

Even though Tate wasn't a great WR, he offered decent enough production in 2010 for playing in his first season with an 18 yd average and 3 TD's, in addition to about 450 yds. I think that's what we can realistically hope for in a rookie WR pick this year. If we get something better it will be a bonus.

That's really all we need...a "name/reputation" player and a rookie WR in the first few rounds. Belichick will be bringing in a handful of other guys to battle it our in TC with Donald Jones etc for the last spot or two, so that's already a given.

if he can stay healthy this year...brady will make him look like a pro bowler in his first year

I have a feeling that you're right. A healthy Amendola will go a long way in accepting the departure of Welker.

He already has some nice skills, is very tough, a hard worker, and knowledgable of our offense already. He should get a decent amount of looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST