PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Passing Offense With Amendola Will Be Just Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key is whether the new guys can click with Brady. It worked with Welker, Moss and Stallworth, but others not so much.

I just want to see a much more balanced offense that uses everyone equally and especially more reliance on the running game in the red zone. They've been too predictable in the red zone, and it's hurt them.

I think Amendola will be a good replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if he out produces Welker. Maybe not immediately, but in 1-2 years.

I think Amendola will be a good replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if he out produces Welker. Maybe not immediately, but in 1-2 years.

The goal isn't for Amendola to outproduce Welker. It is to field a younger more varied attack.

The goal isn't for Amendola to outproduce Welker. It is to field a younger more varied attack.

I think in the best of all possible worlds, Amendola has 2010 Welker catches but 2011 Welker yards. :)

If Healthy.

If the last two years are any indication, him and Ras-I will be competing to see who will be on IR first.

If Healthy.

If the last two years are any indication, him and Ras-I will be competing to see who will be on IR first.

Why not add Gronk to the mix?

I hope it comes true. Like others here (and in posts prior to this by me before Amendola was signed) have said, Welker was our most durable receiver over the past few years, in addition to being our most productive. I think it's a big leap of faith to assume that Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman (if re-signed) and Amendola are all going to be on the field the whole year like Wes was, and therefore will be able to pick up the slack. History leans towards the possibility that we are going to pay, in a big way, for letting Wes go. I still think we need a big, fast, durable outside receiver to make up for the loss and make us more balanced. Hoping we get somebody good in the draft, but our history of drafting awesome big receivers is (cough) suspect as well.

Fingers crossed is how I'm operating these days on the passing game.

Good thoughts. I believe you are right.

The biggest worry is Brady having to hold onto the ball longer than he wants to and taking hits because he no longer possesses his nearly unstoppable 3rd down weapon.
If Brady goes down on a play like I just described Belichick and Kraft will experience fan and media blowback that neither has seen before.

its not Amendola i'm worried about...its the rest of our WR corp...

who exactly do we expect to take over welkers slack right now? if amendola misses any games you are starting

Slater and Jones(the bills #3 WR) thats arguably the worst WR grouping the pats have had since 2006....leaving out the tight ends who havent been exactly durable either(Gronk is despite last year. but hernandez has missed time every year)

As long as Brady is throwing the ball, the Pats will be fine. We almost went to the SB in 2006 with Caldwell, Gaffney, and Gabriel. That was the year the Pats let our 2 best WR's go (Branch and Givens). This time will be different since we have Gronk and Ahern, the best TE tandum in the NFL. Brady will now have to spread the ball around instead of constantly looking for Welker. We put up monster points throughout the last 5 season but in the Playoffs, that was an entirely different story. I'm just as sad to see him leave, especially going to Denver but the team will continue to move forward. We won 3 SB's without him so its not too far fetched to believe we can will another despite this loss. I strongly feel that our secondary will be the key to making this happen, not the loss of Welker.

Unless BB signs a fa or two, I would have to think that he is going to draft a few of them.

its not Amendola i'm worried about...its the rest of our WR corp...

who exactly do we expect to take over welkers slack right now? if amendola misses any games you are starting

Slater and Jones(the bills #3 WR) thats arguably the worst WR grouping the pats have had since 2006....leaving out the tight ends who havent been exactly durable either(Gronk is despite last year. but hernandez has missed time every year)

We could fill out the WR roster with receivers at the level of Slater, and Brady would still have not only low hanging fruit seasons like 2005-06 beat with ease, but also every year from 2001-2006, 2009-2010

I'm sure you haven't considered Ballard's impact, and the RB corps which should chip in more than the past.

There is plenty of $ left for the draft, and a combo of players such as WR Sanders, DE Abraham.

Did you consider when/if trades go down, and the draft hits, other players will be dropped. All the teams that spent what they had will watch all of this on the sidelines, while we could score some nice pick ups for loose change.

How long have you been a fan? Did you see the rosters we had the last two years? More players we cut were picked up by other teams than any other team by far. Judge BB when he gets to 53 man cut down day.

Unless BB signs a fa or two, I would have to think that he is going to draft a few of them.

This is what worries me. Belichick has not drafted a good receiver since
he drafted Branch and Givens in 2002. Maybe his intention is to sign ten
UDFA wide receivers.

This is what worries me. Belichick has not drafted a good receiver since
he drafted Branch and Givens in 2002.

I think Gronkowski and Hernandez are OK receivers...

I'm not worried about the offense either. I think we need to focus on bringing in a pass rusher and maybe another CB.

I think finally ahern, gronk and amendola will play every game this year including the SB. History says it won't happen but I don't think that's the case. I think finally this team clicks into a destructible force and hard to stop. It's march but I see a better team emerging than the last few years.

I think finally ahern, gronk and amendola will play every game this year including the SB. History says it won't happen but I don't think that's the case. I think finally this team clicks into a destructible force and hard to stop. It's march but I see a better team emerging than the last few years.

19-0! :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe