PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2015 Off-Seaon Free Agency Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierre Thomas is still out there correct? Good production. Good coaching. SB experience. Worth looking into?
Thomas is still available. I think he would be a solid pickup as well. He will be 31 this December compared to Bradshaw at 29 next week. Both are identical players imo.

I don't buy it. Amendola's contract restructure saved them $2.5m this year but his hits go UP slightly the next two years... Why shove all the savings into this year if they weren't looking to spend it?

1) It doesn't matter what year y0u save it since it rolls forward.

2) Solder is on a 5th year option and Jones/HT are due next year. Lots of money is needed for all of them and there is little reason to wait.

3) You save money with Amendola this year because there is no guarantee he'll even be here next year.

Bush isn't a Patriots type player, he'd need two lockers, one for him and one for his ego.

Pierre Thomas is our type of guy.

1) It doesn't matter what year y0u save it since it rolls forward.

2) Solder is on a 5th year option and Jones/HT are due next year. Lots of money is needed for all of them and there is little reason to wait.

3) You save money with Amendola this year because there is no guarantee he'll even be here next year.
Yeah I know, I'm just saying, it seemed like a concerted effort to create the most free money RIGHT NOW so they could sign guys. I could of course be wrong.

Thomas is still available. I think he would be a solid pickup as well. He will be 31 this December compared to Bradshaw at 29 next week. Both are identical players imo.
Bush has more talent but maybe Thomas is a contingency if White is an empty uniform.

Yeah I know, I'm just saying, it seemed like a concerted effort to create the most free money RIGHT NOW so they could sign guys. I could of course be wrong.

Nah, other than Amendola, all the cap space came from options not picked up, which had to be done now.

Bush has more talent but maybe Thomas is a contingency if White is an empty uniform.
Hands down i'd rather have Bush over all of them. But all three are promising prospects.

lolrams

What about Ahmad Bradshaw? He seems to be under the radar in the news, he is younger than both Bush and Thomas, and is pretty solid receiver.

For me its Bush or what's already on our roster.

Bill Belichick was offered an assistant coaching job with the Vikings before coaching with the Giants.

The rest of the link is about the 4 draft choices the Patriots got for trading down and giving the Vikings the Coradelle Patterson pick.

Count former Vikings coach Les Steckel among the many people who saw something special in Belichick years ago.

“I coached one year at the Naval Academy with Steve Belichick, Bill’s dad,” Steckel recalled Sunday. “Bill was a quality-control guy within the Baltimore Colts and later the Washington Redskins, and he would come over and walk in every time with a piece of chalk and go over to the blackboard — and yes, there were blackboards in 1977 — and he’d say, ‘Coach Steckel, let’s go over here and X and O it, let’s have at it.’

“I could tell right then he had no interest in playing politics to be a football coach. He wanted to be an X and O ‘strat-atician,’ and that was my concept as well. We really hit it off. When Bud [Grant] asked me to be the head coach when he stepped down that year [1984], I thought of Bill. I knew he was bright and I knew one thing for sure, he was going to be a great football coach. It just didn’t work out, but I knew he had a future.”

He nearly had Belichick hired as an assistant coach in 1984, with Belichick interviewing for defensive coordinator, but he ended up staying with the New York Giants and was named their coordinator in ’85 before getting his first head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns in 1991.

Steckel said that one of the great things for the NFL was that Belichick, who was fired from Cleveland in 1995, got his second chance to be a head coach in New England in 2000.
Count former Vikings coach Les Steckel among the many people who saw something special in Belichick years ago.

Yes, the Vikings and Steckel nearly had Belichick hired as an assistant coach in 1984, with Belichick interviewing for defensive coordinator, but he ended up staying with the New York Giants and was named their coordinator in ’85 before getting his first head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns in 1991.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/291007631.html

Last edited:
Keenan Lewis being shopped by New Orleans.

Would solve one half of the CB problem...

Keenan Lewis being shopped by New Orleans.

Would solve one half of the CB problem...

Other reports say that they are trying to rework his contract to keep him. I don't know anymore, I really don't want to keep getting my hopes up as more players I want keep signing with other teams.

That would be really disappointing. Especially since Kraft explicitly said that he really wants to see the team in Super Bowl 50 because of how significant the event is in NFL history.

I would bet that Kraft says that every single year, and that all 32 teams would like to be a part of the history that SB 50 (or 25, or 75) offers.

At the end of the day, SB 50 isn't likely to be any bigger than any other SB is every season. It's kind of a media thing. Either way, Kraft isn't going to stray from his successful business model by going all in due to a certain Roman numeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back