PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path to Nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this year, just about every team has given Indy a game. Hat's off to them, they've pulled them all out, but one play going in another direction and they could have lost 4 or 5 games already.

Again, not hating, I give them credit because they made those plays. But to say their road will be easier than NO's is incorrect.

On the flip side of the coin - take the Dallas Cowboys and the Jacksonville Jaguars - both play very well, but just don't get it in terms of coming up a tad bit short in terms of making all the plays needed to win the game.

I agree that the Eagles, Vikings, and Packers are equally at tough, but New Orleans plays its best football at the Superdome(it's on the road where their struggles are at). I'm not saying they're guaranteed of anything, and to be fair, they've had injuries on D(they'll be getting Jabare Greer back in the postseason), but they're awfully tough under the Dome.

I tell you though, the Eagles are SCARY, especially on O - they just have way too many weapons, and they're not even at full strength. Just wait until Brian Westbrook and Jeremy Maclin come back.

Sure the Colts and the Saints could both go 16 - 0, but as we know in New England, that means nothing unless you go all the way to 19 - 0. I strongly believe that both teams will fail in the post season before the big game. The reason being is they are playing at a level like we were that at this point, one mistake will de-rail your season and that great record you had is now just a memory. Path to Nowhere is where I see the two teams going. They will get knocked out by surpise and the fans will be feeling it for a long time.

Go Pats!!

Not so sure about the Saints but the Colts run the same stuff week after week. Manning is great and all but their running game sucks this year - eventually someone will come up with a scheme to beat them.

The Saints could go all the way ... they are stacked ... but if we play them again ... :nono:

Not so sure about the Saints but the Colts run the same stuff week after week. Manning is great and all but their running game sucks this year - eventually someone will come up with a scheme to beat them.

The Saints could go all the way ... they are stacked ... but if we play them again ... :nono:

Although the Colts won't have to play in a cold weather outdoor city - the indoors/Miami(assuming they get there) could very well help their run game.

The Chargers are playing great football - but one of their biggest weaknesses is covering TEs - how they held Jason Witten in check last week is beyond me(I mean even some no-name Browns player had a big day). Plus they are THIN at DT, people are forgetting during their 8 game win streak that they've been pulling DTs from rent-a-car companies and off the street.

Looks like the Super Bowl this year will be a crapshot - honestly, I think the playing field is leveled out, although the 6th seed in the NFC will likely be playing the Eagles, and that team will get mauled a good one.

I agree with the post.

I feel the Vikings are the best built team to beat the Saints. Vikings will stop the runninggame while AP keeps Brees off the field. The Saints will become pass happy during the game and make some mistakes.

The Colts, I have seen a trend in SOME of their close games, (Jags, Miami, Texans, Pats in 2006 AFCCG). Teams run down their throats with the runningame the first half, and decide in the second half to stop. This is where if Miami can get in at #6, I feel they are the best built to beat the Colts. If we get Fred Taylor back, him and Maroney could run through them too.

Well thats one down.....

Time for the Colts to do what they do best.....go one and done in the post season.

GO PATS

And then there were none.

FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft