PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: T.O released by Cowboys and talks (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking of the teams that don't care about players with problems.

I could see the Ravens (he was actually traded to the Ravens before he was traded to the Eagles, am I the only 1 that remembers this? TO nixed the trade though. He didn't want to be a Raven at the time.), Jets, Giants, Raiders, Bengals, heck maybe even a redeux with the Eagles.

Who knows anymore.

I hope the Pats don't sign him.

FYI-John Harbaugh was a former Eagles assistant...after going through the headache that was 2005, NO way he even thinks twice about bringing him in.

Redskins may be conventional wisdom, but Synder already spent all of his cap money on Haynesworth, Hall, and Derrick Dockery.

He'll be a Seahawk, IMHO, when all is said and done. Believe it or not, both Mora Jr and Greg Knapp have been among his biggest supporters, AND they run the WCO.

Terry Holt would be the consummate professional with the best run routes and still sneaky fast. If he gets his release it's really the only way because his CAP will kill us.
DW Toys

I just heard on NFL network that Holt has asked for his release today.

I really think that that Miami is going to make a big play for TO, Parcells loves this guy:D:D:D

Man over 3500 yards and 38 TD's in the last 3 years, someone is going to take the chance on this guy. Only Jerry Rice is better in NFL history (according to the record books)

Last edited:
I just heard on NFL network that Holt has asked for his release today.

I really think that that Miami is going to make a big play for TO, Parcells loves this guy:D:D:D

Man over 3500 yards and 38 TD's in the last 3 years, someone is going to take the chance on this guy. Only Jerry Rice is better in NFL history (according to the record books)

Moss has played 19 less games, has 4 less TD's, and averages more yards recieving per game (the record books say moss is better!)

As you guys know, I'm a long-time Cowboys fan...

Now...there's no, No, NO FREAKING EXCUSES for Tony Romo, Jason Garrett, and Wade Phillips...ESPECIALLY if they find yet another way to choke a good one in the final stretch of the season.

If we go through yet another poor Dec stretch and/or 1 and done in the playoffs, there's NO "But TO wrecked our offensive playcalling, locker room, and team chemistry!" crap!

Ultimately, it's now either put up or shup up for these guys!

A-freakin'-men.

Meanwhile the top 5 posts on PFT at the moment are teams who are not interested in the mercurial WR...

Jerry really F'ed up when he bucked Parcells and reinserted himself into player personnel (although Drew was Tuna's undoing...). Jerry is like a fantasy fanboy who gets enamored with names and personas (weak willed coaches/hard to handle high profile players). Even after Tuna left he'd assembled quite a nice coaching staff and management team that could have carried on with a little less of Tuna's grating style. Jerry could have retained all of them but he chose to let Tuna poach almost all of them and revert to form and run things his way. At the end of the day things won't change in Dallas until the fan base realizes that the fish rots from the head. It's all about accountability, and the team and the staff won't be until the owner is.

NO, the Patriots DONT want him!!!

A-freakin'-men.

Meanwhile the top 5 posts on PFT at the moment are teams who are not interested in the mercurial WR...

Jerry really F'ed up when he bucked Parcells and reinserted himself into player personnel (although Drew was Tuna's undoing...). Jerry is like a fantasy fanboy who gets enamored with names and personas (weak willed coaches/hard to handle high profile players). Even after Tuna left he'd assembled quite a nice coaching staff and management team that could have carried on with a little less of Tuna's grating style. Jerry could have retained all of them but he chose to let Tuna poach almost all of them and revert to form and run things his way. At the end of the day things won't change in Dallas until the fan base realizes that the fish rots from the head. It's all about accountability, and the team and the staff won't be until the owner is.

Agree about Jones the egotistical football operations meddler. Strangely, he and Kraft seem to be buddies. Obviously, their relationship is on a different (not football team operations) plane for it to flourish.

In my universe, I'd love to see him sign with the Jets or maybe even Cleveland.

Last edited:
Moss has played 19 less games, has 4 less TD's, and averages more yards recieving per game (the record books say moss is better!)

You are right TO sucks :rolleyes:

If you look I quoted the three year period of production not career stats. But lets break it down TO has more receptions 951 to Moss's 843. More receiving yards 14122 to Moss's 13201. Finally more TD's then Moss 139 - 134. So yes right now TO has better numbers and remember he was behind Jerry Rice and Stokes his first couple of years.

I love Moss but I was strictly looking at production over the last three years and he has it with double digit TD each year. My point was someone will take him on his production not to create a debate about who is better Moss or TO:).

You are right TO sucks :rolleyes:

If you look I quoted the three year period of production not career stats. But lets break it down TO has more receptions 951 to Moss's 843. More receiving yards 14122 to Moss's 13201. Finally more TD's then Moss 139 - 134. So yes right now TO has better numbers and remember he was behind Jerry Rice and Stokes his first couple of years.

I love Moss but I was strictly looking at production over the last three years and he has it with double digit TD each year. My point was someone will take him on his production not to create a debate about who is better Moss or TO:).

TO has also destroyed the lockerroom of 3 different teams single-handedly. I guess that's something else he has over Moss. NO THANKS!!!

Relax everybody!!

I do not think he will fit our system as we do not have enough balls to throw his way to keep him happy. All I am saying is if one of our direct competitors could pick this guy up and he is still a hell of a receiver for any D-Coordinator. Everyone is ripping on him and I know the cancer he can be. All I was pointing out was his production which no WR has matched over the last three years (even Moss with his record breaking year).

It is easy to say we do not want him but it is not that simple. Some AFC teams are going to take a look at this guy and when he was with Dallas we did not have to worry about facing him.

Tory Holt is the man I want and we just sign a good CB Springs Reise has reported so now what will that mean in the search for our WR3. Free up a draft pick we would have used on a corner to grab one of the top WR who slips out of the First to #34?

Last edited:
If BB deems it a good idea, then it is a good idea. Otherwise, it is a bad idea.

TO speaks for first time since being cut

3:47 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens issued a statement through his website.

It says: I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley.

Terrell Owens

Re: TO speaks for first time since being cut

I assume your a cowboy fan. How do you feel that Roy Williams was finally cut? Who would you like to see the Cowboys replace him with?

3:47 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens issued a statement through his website.

It says: I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley.

Terrell Owens

Classy stuff. It would have been easy to forget the 3 missing players and indeed slate the Dallas management, but he restrained himself.

Classy stuff. It would have been easy to forget the 3 missing players and indeed slate the Dallas management, but he restrained himself.

The PR campaign begins now. He's running out of bridges to burn, and is going to have to convince some GM that he won't destroy his next team's locker room (he will).

Ugh, spare me. One thoughtful remark hardly makes up for years of acrimony and self-absorption. Too bad he didn't say good bye to the NFL. I'm sick of hearing about the guy.

Memo to Al Davis - Sign up TO quickly so he can ruin your already struggling, would-be franchise QB. Then your apparent reign of narcissistic self-destruction of a once great organization will be beautifully complete.

I assume your a cowboy fan. How do you feel that Roy Williams was finally cut? Who would you like to see the Cowboys replace him with?

Yes-he's by far the worst coverage safety in the league. Yes-he's one of the biggest underachievers in this league. He could have been an Ed Reed/Troy P type of player IF IF IF he had worked just a LITTLE BIT harder. But after he got that big fat contract a couple of years ago, he got lazy and complacent.

HOWEVER...his run support will be sorely missed. Since he went down in wk2, opposing teams started exploiting areas where he generally gives solid run support. Remember the last TX Stadium game against the Ravens? Those 2 long TD runs given up late in the game-Roy would have been there to at least make stops for minimum gains.

As for his replacement-I read today that they're entertaining the idea of moving Orlando Scandrick to one of the S positions. I thought he played very well as our nickel corner last year when Terrence Newman missed time with a groin injury. He was a steal in that 5th round.

Yes-I'm a Cowboys fan-I started posting here in the '06 season asking about the negativity over Drew Bledsoe(after he stunk it up in TO's homecoming @Philly). At the time, I thought he was unfortunate to play behind a very bad Oline. Of course, our teams played each other the year after.

I bet he's done. You'd have to be an idiot to sign the guy now. Too much drama for Jerry Jones is like too much drama for Broadway.

Ugh, spare me. One thoughtful remark hardly makes up for years of acrimony and self-absorption. Too bad he didn't say good bye to the NFL. I'm sick of hearing about the guy.

Memo to Al Davis - Sign up TO quickly so he can ruin your already struggling, would-be franchise QB. Then your apparent reign of narcissistic self-destruction of a once great organization will be beautifully complete.

In regards to the Raiders....

I think the media is all wrong on OAK being his next residence. Sure, they will give him an opportunity if he wants it, but why would he want that opportunity and why would the Raiders screw up their 2010 plan. They dumped all that salary to prepare for the zero-cap year and are, presumably, paying a heavy price for all the contracts/signing bonuses they threw out last year. I'd be surprised if they had 3 mil to give him for a season's worth of work. And does TO think he can showcase his talent with the Raiders?

Logically, I think the Rams should be interested.

They have a veteran QB, but need to patch up the offensive line. Match TO with either Holt and Avery or just stick him with Avery. No player that would steal his receptions (like Witten) and a viable running game with Jackson. Defense is working its way up and they could contend next year.

Who'd you piss off to get graced with that screen name? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes