PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Staley Fired in LA

I’m not sure I think any of Parcells moves were due to patience or necessarily were a model to follow. He never won a Sb after leaving the Giants, only made the playoffs 5 times in 11 years, had 4 10+ win seasons in 11 and had 3 seasons with 6 or less.
Ignore his Giant years and he is pretty mediocre.

At the time his moves gained him what he was looking for, and he was patient to find them in two of his three moves.

With the Patriots he wanted total control, and found a situation where he had that plus the #1 pick.

The Jets were 1-15 so from a PR standpoint Parcells could not look bad because they were not a 1-15 team. Perception success. Plus he had an owner he could bully.

The Cowboys were big underachievers too, and instantly became a contender under Parcells. Again at the moment perception success.

Parcells eventual failures as coach are a mark on his coaching career, but that doesn't change that he knew when to leave and when to stay. BB might have a different agenda, and not care about public perception so he will look for different situations than Parcells, but the idea will be the same. For example, don't jump at Washington or Chargers.

At the time his moves gained him what he was looking for, and he was patient to find them in two of his three moves.

With the Patriots he wanted total control, and found a situation where he had that plus the #1 pick.

The Jets were 1-15 so from a PR standpoint Parcells could not look bad because they were not a 1-15 team. Perception success. Plus he had an owner he could bully.

The Cowboys were big underachievers too, and instantly became a contender under Parcells. Again at the moment perception success.

Parcells eventual failures as coach are a mark on his coaching career, but that doesn't change that he knew when to leave and when to stay. BB might have a different agenda, and not care about public perception so he will look for different situations than Parcells, but the idea will be the same. For example, don't jump at Washington or Chargers.
I don’t believe at all that Parcells goal was to find something with low expectations so he would look better. I’m not seeing patience, I’m seeing him take the jobs that were available, and honestly they weren’t very good choices. NE was a mess with a bad owner. The Jete were the Jete, I think he just wanted back in the NY spotlight. Dallas was a bad job.

I don’t believe at all that Parcells goal was to find something with low expectations so he would look better. I’m not seeing patience, I’m seeing him take the jobs that were available, and honestly they weren’t very good choices. NE was a mess with a bad owner. The Jete were the Jete, I think he just wanted back in the NY spotlight. Dallas was a bad job.

We disagree. You're looking at it historically after being around twenty years of dynasty. In real time it happened as I said.

We disagree. You're looking at it historically after being around twenty years of dynasty. In real time it happened as I said.
Yes we disagree.

I think Bill and Bob appreciate each other and neither would give the other an F-U. And whatever direction the Pats go has probably already been worked out between them.
I’m sure they appreciate each other over the years but that doesn’t mean things have been smooth lately. And of course I mean a figurative ‘F-U’.

Mack is too old. No DBs. The roster is top heavy with no depth, but the fans love the big names at the top. I would be surprised if BB goes to the Chargers. They need a rebuild and BB is too old for that.
Looking more at their roster I think you have a point. Most of the talent outside of Herbert is aging or injury prone and they have whiffed on some earlier picks. They have the main part in place with Herbert but when you look deeper into that roster it is definitely flawed.

Looking more at their roster I think you have a point. Most of the talent outside of Herbert is aging or injury prone and they have whiffed on some earlier picks. They have the main part in place with Herbert but when you look deeper into that roster it is definitely flawed.
It’s a big name laden roster with plenty of weaknesses.
I’ve always found it funny that you see people making predictions say a team is going to win because…and name 2 or 3 guys, assuming the other 50 are all just equal parts from team to team. Then they predict 24-21 as if there is really any way in a football game to predict which team is “better enough” to win by 3 points.
But as they say Vegas didn’t built all those fancy buildings because gamblers win.

Agreed. It is like thinking Von Miller is a great player still at the Bills. Old and injury prone.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back