PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Staley Fired in LA

Everytime they zoom on his face during a game he looks scared. May just be his facial expression but he does not inspire confidence at all which is crucial for a QB.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

I just can't believe it took this long.

I am a bit surprised Telesco is also gone. I don't think they have been particularly bad as a front office. JC Jackson was a huge overpay, but otherwise they seem like they've drafted well as far as I can remember. Staley has just been really terrible.
If they're making a play for Bill, Tedesco would have had to go. Bill wants to buy his own groceries.

Hard to see a BB trade fetching anything worthwhile. Don't think he'd agree with his new team sending a high pick to his old team.
Technically, the Chargers aren't allowed to talk to Bill as long as he's under contract with Kraft. So tampering?

Or like Bill stays here and continues building the team? Crazy scenario I know.
So he has "rebuilt" us from 7-9 to 10-7, to 8-9, now to 3 wins. Seems like he's "rebuilding" in reverse. I don't know why some people are having such a hard time admitting it's time to move on.

So just do the smart thing and keep the GOAT and let him restart the next dynasty.

I would generally be leaning in that direction....I am a In-Bill-We-Trust-(Drinks-The-Kool-Aid) guy, BUT he is 71 years old. The oldest NFL coach ever was 73, IIRC. So, how much longer will he coach? He needs 3 more seasons to break Shula's record...if that is what motivates him. My issue is...he coaches 3 more years...at which point we would need to make the 5th year decision on our likely 1st round pick QB....so that QB would possibly have a change in coaching, terminology, and etc.... If we re-boot now...we could possibly get a coach for the next 10 seasons...long enough for our new toy at QB to play out his 2nd contract with continuity....

I would generally be leaning in that direction....I am a In-Bill-We-Trust-(Drinks-The-Kool-Aid) guy, BUT he is 71 years old. The oldest NFL coach ever was 73, IIRC. So, how much longer will he coach? He needs 3 more seasons to break Shula's record...if that is what motivates him. My issue is...he coaches 3 more years...at which point we would need to make the 5th year decision on our likely 1st round pick QB....so that QB would possibly have a change in coaching, terminology, and etc.... If we re-boot now...we could possibly get a coach for the next 10 seasons...long enough for our new toy at QB to play out his 2nd contract with continuity....
I feel this too. I have been an IBWT guy until probably the FM/JJ debacle. He's missed a lot on drafts, especially at the top end of the draft, and as good as he is on coaching up JAGs to be serviceable to very good DBs, he's equally bad at developing the wideouts, which as been beat to death here. Interesting to me, as it's just an opposite side of the coin. Anyway... The team is not as sharp as it used to be, situationally, and I really think for all his successes and greatness, I truly believe it's time. It's a true crossroads and now feels to be as good of a time as any.

So he has "rebuilt" us from 7-9 to 10-7, to 8-9, now to 3 wins. Seems like he's "rebuilding" in reverse. I don't know why some people are having such a hard time admitting it's time to move on.
Progress isn't linear. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards. The prior two seasons we had a defense that couldn't stop the run or make the Bills punt. We also couldn't run the ball effectively last season.

Or like Bill stays here and continues building the team? Crazy scenario I know.

Continues building...this? Yes it would indeed be crazy to keep him.

So just do the smart thing and keep the GOAT and let him restart the next dynasty.

Based on his record after the Real GOAT left here, and also on his drafting record long before that, there is no logical reason whatsoever to believe that Bill is capable of restarting another dynasty.

Telesco was also fired today
Yeah, my bad. I meant Spanos. That dude is stingy. Salaries of his last three coaches combined don’t come close to matching BB’s current salary.

Did the leak for Bill leaving pats at end of season come from bill itself via curran to try to shoot himself out the door with 0 compensation to pats.
Wouldn't put it pass him.

I sense sarcasm
He’s played 62 games and has zero playoff wins and a sub .500 record playing with a bevy of good players on both D and O.

Yet he is heralded like the chosen one, because he is able to make occasional brilliant plays between the poor ones. I don’t get it. By every metric, he is a loser. But people get enthralled by the « great play ». He is inconsistent. He is a loser.

How was he not fired after that debacle against the Jaguars in the playoffs last year?

If BB sucks then don't expect anything for him. Kraft's money isn't your money so it shouldn't bother you that $20M is being paid just to have him, his minions, relatives, sweatshirts, and press conferences somewhere else. Anywhere else. Don't think you are so special that your garbage is gold or that someone else's sacrifice is yours. Forget draft picks. It'll never happen.

He’s played 62 games and has zero playoff wins and a sub .500 record playing with a bevy of good players on both D and O.

Yet he is heralded like the chosen one, because he is able to make occasional brilliant plays between the poor ones. I don’t get it. By every metric, he is a loser. But people get enthralled by the « great play ». He is inconsistent. He is a loser.
Exactly.

If BB sucks then don't expect anything for him. Kraft's money isn't your money so it shouldn't bother you that $20M is being paid just to have him, his minions, relatives, sweatshirts, and press conferences somewhere else. Anywhere else. Don't think you are so special that your garbage is gold or that someone else's sacrifice is yours. Forget draft picks. It'll never happen.
They will get a pick. A 2nd rounder will do. The Krafts have the same advantage the Jets had in 2000 - time was on their side because an acceptable successor and staff was already in the organization.

The NFL calendar waits for no one. With the Chargers or any other team, Bill would need to be in place in time to hire a staff and prepare for the new league year. It won’t come to this, but the Pats could dismiss Bill the day before the legal tampering period begins, appoint Mayo and Wolf/Stewart interim HC and GM and be ready to roll.

I think the Krafts are dead set on getting an asset to help with the rebuild for Belichick. In addition to time being on their side, they could also underwrite a part of Bill’s salary , and by doing so, essentially buy a draft pick from Belichick’s new team.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back